Author Topic: StarAlien70's custom figures  (Read 100827 times)

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
Re: StarAlien70's custom figures
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2017, 03:38:06 PM »
What you've done with Boelo is inspired! I love how you're filling out the cantina.
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
  • Happy 40th Anniversary, TESB!
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2017, 07:21:19 AM »
Glad you all like the Boelo update. Here’s the finished figure with the other henchmen: Bandolier also from the same Jawa as the hat. Body from VSC Han in Trench Coat with lower legs from TBS Luke Yavin. Arms from TLC Agen Kolar with hands from TVC Dr Evazan. Holster cut from belt of Rebel Ground Crew. Overcoat modified from Episode I Naboo accessory pack. Modified waistcoat from Dr Who (Matt Smith - Green Jacket).

Updated custom Davelynn Schmee: As before uses Gibbs figure with modified collar and boots, modified head and coat from Blackbeard, both figures Pirates of the Caribbean. Hands from Star Wars Saga Obi-Wan 02/36. Belt and holster modified from TBS Jawa 2-pack bandoliers.

Updated custom Gela Yeens with tidied up waistcoat made from chamois leather: Figure as before; TVC Dr Evazan with TSC General Tagge head. Goggles cut from TVC Naboo Pilot helmet attached to elastic. Ammo pouches on belt from Jango Fett (not sure which version). Ammo pouches on bandolier cut from TVC Kithaba bandolier, glued to synthetic leather strap.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2017, 02:20:03 AM »
Very nice on all three. Off to share.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2017, 03:43:13 PM »
Love these! Davelynn Schmee is the best I've seen.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2017, 01:15:03 PM »
These are looking nice!  Great figure choices.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2017, 08:30:38 AM »
Loving these
🤓

Offline UKHistory

• Cadet
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2017, 11:56:27 AM »
Stan,

These are superb.  I think Davelynn is as good a custom as I have seen.  The hair and head don’t have an easy switch. The image of the character are difficult or were difficult to find.

Each version has gotten better. A true evolution of a figure.

Really well done.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2017, 03:20:57 PM »
I am soooo far behind. In the last few months you have done amazing work filling out Chalmun's. Great job! Your modifications on the Jawa head in order to create Boelo's hood were very creative.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2017, 11:31:45 AM »
Thanks everyone for your comments. Here’s some more Cantina/Mos Eisley characters.

Custom Braconnor Bakiska: Mainly a modified Game Of Thrones White Walker with head combined with hood cut from POTF Flashback Ben Kenobi head. Scarf from TAC Elis Helrot. Robe from TVC 3-Pack Tusken Raider.

Custom Arleil Schous: Head modified from TAC Voolvif Monn. Torso from POTJ Zutton, with arms modified from Star Wars Saga Plo Koon. Legs from TVC Bom Vimdin, with holster and blaster from TBS Luke Yavin.

After seeing yet another version of the black & white Cantina photos of the whole bar, I updated the hair on the guy who’s sat where Luke falls into the table.

Here’s some background characters from around Mos Eisley. The first one is seen walking past the sandtroopers door to door search in the outtake version. He’s wearing what I think is the same jacket as the guy who’s sat at the back of the Cantina talking to Merc Sunlet and a Snivvian, he can be seen, just about, in black and white photos behind the table of the Rodian and Swilla Corey.

Mainly a modified Star Wars Saga Lt. Dannl Faytonni, with a POTJ Bespin Guard head. Boots from Star Wars Saga 03/39 Obi-Wan.

The young farmer type from the scenes of the Landspeeder approach to the Cantina: Mainly from Comic Pack Laze Fixer Loneozner, with skirt from POTF Commtech Luke, and arms from TVC Dr Evazan, hands from Pirates of the Caribbean Gibbs. Hat from POTF Flashback Luke.

The old local from the Mos Eisley set scenes: Torso, arms and skirt from TAC Luke farmer. Head from TAC General McQuarrie. Legs from TAC Naboo Soldier. Hat cut from some really cheap combat figures (?). Custom soft goods tunic.

Thanks again

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2017, 03:20:43 PM »
When I was looking for Endor Rebel Customs on google images today, I foud your entries on rebelscum's forum! Dude, you're such a talented customer and a prescious memeber to every forum!
Nice cantina aliens by the way! Braconnor Bakiska is my favourite of your latest series! I didn't know there were Game of Thrones figures in 1/18 scale...
And it's even more remarkable that you always post an entire series of custom figures!
Thanks for sharing!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:39:34 PM by legion078 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2017, 08:57:00 AM »
Wow, great update. I like em all. Nice integration of the Alien species on the human bodies too. I especially like how the neck and hands attach on your second entry. Very realistic looking if that makes any sense. Off to share.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2017, 01:02:50 PM »
Thanks for those comments legion078 and Tamer and thanks for the share. I really appreciate the reactions my customs get. I’ve done some more female expanded universe/cosplay type figures.

Left Trooper: Head from Marvel Infinite Series Shanna. Slightly modified chest piece and lower legs from Clone Wars No.5 Clone Trooper. Arms from Clone Wars Phase II Clone Trooper. Waist section from Star Wars Saga Aayla Secura cut off and stuck to the hip section from Thorin Oakenshield - The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Thighs and boots from Tron Legacy Quorra.

Boudi Qara - Female Mandalorian: Body and arms modified from 'Snakebite' The Corps! Elite, in the UK they're Wilko Heroes. Legs from Marvel Infinte Series Shanna. Head modified from TAC Comic 2-Pack Deena Shan, combined with hair from POTJ Aurra Sing. Gauntlets, belt section, knee armour and boot pockets from POTJ 300th figure Boba Fett. Hands from TLC Pons Limbic. Holster from TBS Luke Yavin. Jetpack modified from TVC 3-pack Boba Fett. Custom soft goods poncho.

Right Trooper: Head modified from TBS Bastila Shan. Slightly modified chest piece and lower legs from TLC Captain Rex. Arms from Clone Wars Phase II Clone Trooper. Waist section from Star Wars Saga Aayla Secura cut off and stuck to the hip section from Legolas, with thighs from Tauriel, both from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Boots from Tron Legacy Quorra.

Below Left: alternate version with unaltered head from TAC Comic 2-Pack Deena Shan, and headset from TVC Jango Fett. Below Right: Same, with drilled out head from POTJ 300th figure Boba Fett to make it a removable helmet (I prefer the size of this helmet to the removable TVC 3-pack version).

Cap from TAC Juno Eclipse and Helmet from TLC Spacetrooper. Both Troopers have belts from POTJ Han Solo Death Star Escape. The cropped black vest between the chest and waist on each Trooper is an inside-out earphone bud placed over the waist.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2017, 03:15:26 AM »
Very nice. Off to share again!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2017, 12:02:25 AM »
Nice update. Using a White walker as the head for Bakiska was inspired. It's great to see the cantina fill-up with patrons.
The pin-up figures turned out fantastict! Great parts combinations and nice use of the Corps torso.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2017, 02:06:59 PM »
Thanks again for your comments. Here's another Expanded Universe custom.

Female X-Wing Pilot: Head from TAC Padme. Torso from ROTS Aayla Secura. Arms from Marvel Infinites Emma Frost (paint taken off with nail varnish remover). Gloved hands from TAC Concept Starkiller Hero. Legs with modified waist from TLC Luke Snowspeeder. Black section between chestpiece and waist is an inside-out earphone bud. Plastic overalls around waist made from pieces of plastic capes.