Author Topic: StarAlien70's custom figures  (Read 100829 times)

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
  • Happy 40th Anniversary, TESB!
    • StarAlien70 customs
Re: StarAlien70's custom figures
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2015, 11:59:58 AM »
Excellent modifications on Mara and Luke.
Robo-Luke's arms look a lot less noticably unnatural.  The black T-shirt helped a lot.?

Thanks. I think the shoulder parts being black does help the look of it as well.
I'll try and get around to posting some pics of what the modified arms look like put back on the TBS Luke Dagobah to compare against the originals. I don't understand why Hasbro left the pivot points exposed in the first place. Plus the fact that they put all that effort into making the arms double jointed, yet the knee joints barely bend.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2015, 12:39:44 PM »
Thanks for all the great comments, features, shares and likes (that Luke Pilot was very popular; shared from 'Imperial Shipyards' by ‘Classic Star Wars’ on Facebook, getting over 400 Likes ;D).
Here are some pics of a couple of Jabba’s Palace figures that I started a while ago and have just finished.
A generic Skiff Guard, based on Velken Tezeri and Nizuc Bek:

Torso and legs from TBS Vizam. Upper arms from TLC Yarna D’al’ Gargan. Lower arms from Marvel Thor The Dark World Thor figure. Belt/Holster section from SW Saga Lando ‘Jabba’s Sail Barge’. Head from TLC Bail Organa. Helmet from TVC Naboo Royal Guard. All parts repainted.

Customized helmet with knee pad armour cut from SW Saga deluxe Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike. I was thinking of using the forearm armour from a Biker Scout (like the actual Skiff Guard helmet film prop), but I found that the Clone knee pad was more suitable. The strip across the back is synthetic leather with some thread stitched in. The soft goods pieces are all cut from various Jedi robes, then glued in place.

Jabba’s dancer - Jess:

Upper body from POTJ deluxe Princess Leia with Sail Barge Cannon (I’ve just repainted this rather than making it look more screen accurate). Legs from Indiana Jones: Marion Ravenwood (I wasn’t too bothered about articulation on these, so I just glued them in place and filled with putty). Belt made from a strip of synthetic leather. Head from POTJ Aurra Sing. Hair made from cross-stitch thread, individually glued in place (underneath the white layer there is a blue layer all the way around - that took some time to do), pity it doesn't look a bit smoother, but I quite like the 'crimped' look (It could work well on a Laudica custom).

Thanks again!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2015, 03:43:56 PM »
NICE!!!  I especially like the hair on Jess.  Very clean.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
Han Solo Hoth Cap query
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2015, 08:57:53 AM »
Hi. Sorry, if I should be asking this on a reference forum, but I didn't know the best place to put the question.
I am currently modifying a General McQuarrie Hoth cap to use for Han Solo (as I did with the modified Luke Hoth cap), such as cutting the transmitter and goggles off, then making separate goggles.

I would like to know if Han's cap was modified from the regular version?

When Han arrives back from patrol and dismounts his Tauntaun, we see him pull his hood down, then quickly and easily (without it being secured under his chin) take his cap off. From there on it can be seen either in his hand or stuck in his belt. I have looked at screen grabs, and to me, it looks like it has been deliberately shortened and finished off, not just folded under (?).

I have searched for reference to this on costume sites, but not found anything that suggests it's different, and the Sideshow 1/6th scale figure just has a regular version. Does anyone know of anything about this, or could someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks.

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2015, 12:38:04 PM »
Loving the Skiff guard and Jabbas palace dancer especially the hair :) i know that took alot of patience, great job!
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
Endor Rebels
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2015, 08:11:53 AM »
Here are some pics of customized Endor Rebel Soldiers I did a while ago.

The soft goods jacket is modified from a TVC Rebel Commando trench coat. I shortened it and used the material I had cut off to make the hood. The figure is TVC Rebel Commando with TLC Owen Lars head.

I have cut the bandolier off at the belt, so it can go over the top of the jacket.

Shown here with original and a simple custom Nik Sant: TVC Rebel Commando with repainted head from Indiana Jones - Dr. Henry Jones. Plastic Jacket: Star Wars Saga Endor Rebel Soldier. The soft goods coats have been dyed greener.

I have recently added elastic straps to the backpack.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2015, 05:24:28 AM »
Wow, great updates. You can read my comments on the front pages.

Glad you like the FB shares too. Sometimes I wonder if the folks here notice I share em there too.

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2015, 05:40:12 AM »
Wow! Your customs are really good! The completion of the pilot Luke is really good. I love the extras. You are channelling Hasbro there with the Skiff Guard. I'd buy multiples of him. And as for Jess. The hard work and time you have put in to her has really paid off. She is exquisite. Nice work

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2015, 06:06:44 AM »
Wow! That's some impressive work! I don't think I could pick a favorite out of this update. I would like one of each to come home and live in my dios. Well done!
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2015, 08:43:12 AM »
wow absolutely awesome work  my friend! Your jess is fantastic  love the hair i tried something similar to mine but didnt get the result on mine the way you did ! And the skiff is great i admit i made both since there were two names  lol you can never have to many skiff guards !

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2015, 10:24:55 AM »
You can't get enough rebel soldiers. Yours are great looking. Its hard to get soft goods to look good in 1/18. Keep 'em coming.

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2015, 07:39:27 PM »
Impressive! Most Impressive!

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2015, 02:50:48 AM »
Top notch work on your latest custom figures!

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2015, 12:15:44 AM »
I really like the rebel soldiers. Nice work
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
Han Solo in Hoth Gear
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2015, 12:53:09 PM »
Hi, thanks again for your feedback and features, I really do appreciate them.
Here’s a customized Han in Hoth Gear with soft goods coat, to go with the Luke in Hoth Gear I did with the modified Hoth cap.

Han Solo in Hoth Gear: The base figure is a TBS Luke Hoth. Head from a POTF Commtech Han Solo; modified to fit. Soft goods coat made from an altered TVC Han Endor trench coat; dyed brown with Dylon (I’ve given up on watered down acrylic as it rubs off too much on the figure), patches of material stuck on for pocket flaps, chest badge cut from POTF Hoth Rebel Soldier and repainted, hood made from material cut from a TVC Rebel Commando trench coat.

The fur on the hood is pieces trimmed from a leopard pattern fleece blanket glued on in small clumps.

Modified sensor pack (with chamois leather straps) and electrobinoculars (with synthetic leather strap).

Modified TAC General McQuarrie Hoth cap with plastic side scarf, transmitter, and goggles cut off. Goggles then attached to a piece of elastic and repainted. Belt is from TVC Han in trench coat. The additional glove gauntlets are pieces of grey synthetic leather with a glued on commlink button that is cut from the base figure. Hands on 'gloves off' version are from TLC Bail Organa.

I will post some detail pics of this soon.