Author Topic: StarAlien70's custom figures  (Read 100876 times)

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
Re: StarAlien70's custom figures
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 01:20:33 PM »
Great work. I like the head on Gela Yeens. Works really well.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
  • Happy 40th Anniversary, TESB!
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 05:38:14 AM »
Hi, thanks again for all the positive comments. Here's some figures I did a while ago - bit of a departure from the Cantina.

Luke Skywalker (Echo Base Flight Gear)

Medical Centre Departure:
Mainly from Rebel Ground Crew figure - repainted, with lower legs from MH Luke Snowspeeder Pilot, and head from TVC Luke Bespin.
Accessories: Soft goods jacket from POTF Ceremonial Luke (Leia Collection) - dyed with watered acrylic paint.
Leg harness from TAC Tycho Celchu, Chest box from TSC Vintage Luke X-Wing Pilot

Hoth Battle Preparation (below):
Same as above with alternate arms from MH Luke Snowspeeder Pilot, and plastic jacket/waistcoat from POTF Ponda Baba, with plastic collar glued on from POTJ Snowspeeder with figures (Wal-mart Exclusive)

Below with alternate head (I still need to drill this for a better fit)

Below with modified helmet visor

The great thing about the 3 pilot customs below, is that they all swapped lower legs, so none were wasted.

X-Wing Pilot - Yavin Hangar/Ceremony (This represents the pilots with their coveralls untucked from their boots):
Mainly from TSC Vintage Luke X-Wing Pilot, with lower legs from Rebel Ground Crew - repainted, and head from Celebration Comic Pack Laze 'Fixer' Loneozner

Snowspeeder Pilot - Echo Base Pilot Briefing (Represents the snowspeeder pilots at Echo Base, as they don't seem to have cold weather boots on):
Mainly from MH Luke Snowspeeder Pilot, with lower legs from TSC Vintage Luke X-Wing Pilot, and head from TVC Keyan Farlander B-Wing Pilot

Thanks again, hope you like them

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 06:38:23 AM »
So Cool!  It's like they came out of the packaging like this.  An orange soft goods jacket?  Ponda Baba?  I know there was a yellow one from a Luke figure.

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 06:48:07 AM »
Really digging those pilots! Great work on re-coloring the soft goods.
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 02:09:32 AM »
That Hoth Luke Pilot Figure is awesome. I liked it all. Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 06:07:14 PM »
Fantastic ! Just when you thought there were no more Lukes to be made/covered .  The luke Variations are a grand slam! well done !

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2015, 10:29:03 AM »
I'm surprised Luke pre-Hoth in his flightsuit hasn't been made yet, and you did a great job perfecting it! It's a great looking figure and it looks like it just came out of the packaging. That's one version of Luke I'd like to have. Well done.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 01:27:59 PM »
Hi, thanks again for your feedback, I really do appreciate it.
Luke in Hoth Gear: I did this modified Hoth hat recently, as I didn't think much of either TVC or TBS versions of the Luke heads. Hope you like it.

Hoth hat from General McQuarrie, with goggles and plastic side scarf cut off, then custom soft goods scarf attached.

I put elastic on as a chinstrap so it would pull together under the chin.

The goggles can be positioned over the eyes or on the hat. I glued elastic to the goggles I'd cut off, then painted a green acrylic wash onto them.

The scarf can be unwound to trail behind, as it appears after Luke is hit by the wampa.

I used the head from snowspeeder Luke, also showing alternate repainted face with wampa attack cuts.

I am currently developing the Luke pilot custom I did, to have wearable/removable equipment. Will post some pics soon.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 02:05:05 PM »
absolutely fantastic work with luck in hoth gear.  That is the level of detail I love to see in customs.  Superb work.

I also loved the died coat farther up in your thread.  Using watered down acrylic paint is a fantastic idea.  Do you see any issues with that making the jacket more rigid or solid after the paint dries?

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 03:07:28 PM »
Hi, and thanks, spudafett.
Re: the watered down acrylic.
It does tend to stiffen cotton-type material a little, but not so with Luke's jacket. The problem I have found though, since I have just dyed a few other coats, is that the colour can rub off onto the figure; this wasn't noticeable on Luke, with it being orange on orange, but it's a bit of a pain on light coloured figures.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 10:10:24 PM »
Great job on Hoth Luke's hat!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 11:35:08 AM »
Awesome job on Hoth Luke. Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2015, 01:38:02 PM »
an excellent upgrade to the Hoth Luke !

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2015, 02:00:48 AM »
Here are some pics of how I’ve developed the Luke Skywalker (Echo Base Flight Gear) custom that I had done. Now with equipment that can be added and removed. All versions of the Luke pilot figure use the same base figure; which is the Rebel Ground Crew, then I swap and change head, arm and leg parts.

Luke - snowspeeder pilot: I have now padded the collar on the dyed Luke ceremonial jacket and added the chest badge; which is cut from TBS Hoth Luke. Custom flak vest is made from 2 pieces of wide elastic, with a narrow elastic strap wrapping round. The chest box is from TSC Vintage Luke X-Wing Pilot, now fitted with elastic straps. The belt is from TBS Dagobah Luke, with holster cut off. Custom leg harness is made from silver-grey ribbon; coated with PVA glue to prevent fraying.

Luke - X-wing pilot: Lower arms and lower legs from TSC Vintage Luke X-Wing Pilot. Custom belt (I’ll probably put some detailing on this at some point) is from the same ribbon as harness. I think the helmet is from snowspeeder Luke. Head is from TBS ceremonial Luke.

Hope you like them, and thanks again for the feedback.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2015, 08:20:57 AM »
Another grand slam my friend these luke's are outstanding ! Would love to have those in my collection ! keep them coming