Author Topic: StarAlien70's custom figures  (Read 101551 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: StarAlien70's custom figures
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2015, 03:18:23 PM »
That's amazing!! For a moment I swore it was a Sideshow.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 05:53:55 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2015, 06:01:09 AM »
Wow, wow, Wow! Let me go share this and try to think of something coherent to say. Wow!

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
  • Happy 40th Anniversary, TESB!
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2015, 02:13:17 PM »
Hi, thanks again. Here are some more pics with the soft goods coat from the customized Han Solo in Hoth Gear. This time on TVC Han Solo Bespin to make an Echo Base version.

These pics show the base figure for the Han Hoth custom. I was originally going to make a figure using the legs off the Han Hoth from ’The search for Luke Skywalker’ Target multipack, with an upper body off TVC Han Bespin, but I didn’t want to sacrifice them as I only had one of each. So I decided to use TBS Luke Hoth for the figure instead.

After cutting the chest badges off, I repainted the waistcoat for a more generic looking thermal jacket. (I used the lefthand side badge from this on the custom Luke Snowspeeder soft goods jacket.)

I added the glove gauntlets to make them a bit wider and help prevent the coat sleeves from slipping down too much. Using the TBS Luke Hoth figure also meant I could swap the gloved hands for regular hands easier (with them joining at the wrists rather than the whole glove). I used the same grey synthetic leather as the glove gauntlets to make the waist band.

I also wanted to improve the soft goods skirt on the Han Hoth from ’The search for Luke Skywalker’ Target multipack, so I replaced it with a longer one made from pieces of TLC Bail Organa robe (which is quite a good colour match).

Hope you like them and thanks again.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2015, 02:50:37 PM »
Outstanding craftsmanship mate these cloth goods just really bring the figures to life especially at this scale.

I would love to see you tackle 6" scale clothing you would kill it.

Ron
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:09:57 PM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2015, 07:08:19 AM »
I could definitely get into soft goods like these. Hasbro could learn a thing or two from you. off to share again.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:10:37 AM by Tamer »

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2015, 04:31:10 PM »
Once again incredible work ! Would love to have a soft goods coat like that  i must have stared at it for a good 5 min lol

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2015, 07:56:14 AM »
Your softgoods work is just stellar!
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2015, 08:24:38 PM »
That no star, that a space station!  Blown away!!!!!

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
Back to Mos Eisley...
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2015, 02:55:17 PM »
Thanks Tamer for the feature on the 'Custom Action Figure News Episode 79' on YouTube. Thanks everyone for all your great comments.

Gela Yeens updated
I've recently revisited the Gela Yeens custom (the original is on the right for comparison).

As previous version, mainly from repainted TVC Dr Evazan, with belt section modified and twisted back to front to get holster on lefthand side. Head from General Tagge (Death Star Briefing Multipack) with moustache painted on. Bandana/headscarf is a piece of a Darth Maul robe (I think from Episode 1 'Sith Accessory Set').
What's new:
The goggles are cut from TVC Naboo pilot helmet (with goggles down) then glued to a piece of elastic and repainted. The ammo pouches on the bandolier are cut from TVC Kithaba’s bandolier, glued to a strip of synthetic leather, then repainted. The ammo pouches on the front of the belt are repainted from a Jango Fett (not sure which one), the back ones are repainted from an Episode II Obi Wan Kenobi (again, not sure which). Waistcoat custom made from chamois leather, distressed with paint and washing.

Here are a couple of recent customs I have made to include in my Cantina Model:
Mos Eisley woman
Does anyone know if this passer-by has been given a character name? She appears a couple of times in the Sandtrooper street searches

Legs repainted from TBS Bastila Shan. Torso and arms repainted from Indiana Jones Marion Ravenwood. Head from TLC Evolutions Rebel Pilot Dorovio Bold. Waistcoat repainted from POTF Princess Leia Hoth. Custom belt made from a strip of synthetic leather.

Rycar Ryjerd

Mainly from repainted Episode I Anakin Skywalker Naboo. Head from Ben Kenobi (I think POTJ) with a bit of modifying; cutting and adding putty to hair, then repainted. Waistcoat from POTF Commtech Han Solo with custom yoke made from card and painted. Holster cut from TBS Luke Dagobah, then glued on.

I hope to get the Cantina out of storage soon and finish the exterior, then I'll post some more pics of that here: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9705.0

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2015, 08:45:18 AM »
Those comments were much deserved. I am hoping we can get you on an episode to talk about your customs?

Off to share your latest.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2015, 06:02:45 PM »
Excellent work again !  The upgrade to Gela , so much better and like the Mos Eisley woman love the real random back round characters which i have been focusing on myself  . Looking forward to seeing more

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2015, 11:10:29 PM »
The Gela Yeens rework looks great. I like the generic woman custom too.

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2015, 12:32:55 PM »
Absolutely love the Hoth Han variants
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2015, 10:03:32 PM »
Really great customs! I particularly like the Gela Yeens update, and Jess turned out really incredible.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
Female Stormtrooper (Femtrooper Cosplay)
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2015, 04:57:53 AM »
Not posted for a while, thanks for your comments and shares on the cantina figures.
I’ve got a few more customs to post, so I’ll start with this one.

Female Stormtrooper (Femtrooper Cosplay):

I never got the Joker Squad battlepack, so I wanted to make my own female stormtrooper.
I intended it to be just a modified stormtrooper with a female head, but then I started playing around with the parts and decided to base it on a femtrooper cosplay style. I wanted to use mainly stormtrooper parts, but I found the stylised clone parts were more suited (and the Captain Rex chest piece is the soft plastic type which made it easy to swap)

Repainted head from Bastila Shan (TBS) with ponytail removed. Slightly modified chest piece and repainted lower legs from Captain Rex (TLC). Repainted boots from Quorra (Tron Legacy). Arms from Phase II Clone Trooper (Clone Wars). Repainted waist section from Aayla Secura (SWS AOTC) cut off and stuck to the crotch section from Legolas with repainted thighs from Tauriel (both The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey). Belt from Han Solo (Death Star Escape POTJ). Added detail on codpiece made from card and painted. Helmet from Spacetrooper (TLC).

Hope you like it.

PS. Is there a way of breaking open the hard plastic type chest pieces without damaging anything on the figure?
I always have a problem trying to use hard plastic parts, and I can never get the arms out of them; no matter how much I boil them.
Thanks.