Author Topic: StarAlien70's custom figures  (Read 101788 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: StarAlien70's custom figures
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2018, 04:54:05 PM »
Two more very well made customs! Definitely gives some great ANH nostalgia!

- Philipp

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2018, 12:36:02 AM »
Great job on these figures! I agree with you regarding the Echo base hat. Yours looks stellar, by the way. I like how both Antilles and Zalor turned out. Excellent use of parts, especially the Golden Compass head.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2018, 01:11:39 AM »
Both figures are phenomenal.
The best Captain Antilles figure I've seen so far.
Excellent work.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
  • Happy 40th Anniversary, TESB!
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2018, 12:18:20 PM »
Thanks for all your comments. Here's some more Rebel Alliance customs.
Commander Bob Hudsol: Head modified from Episode I Sio Bibble. Torso (heavily) modified from TLC Yarna D'al' Gargan. Upper legs modified from TFA Admiral Ackbar. Lower legs from Comic 2-Pack Fixer Loneozner. Belt piece modified from POTF Lak Sivrak. Jacket modified from TFA Finn; custom made insignia, top pockets cut from POTJ Rebel Trooper’s vest/waistcoat. Upper arms from TVC Bom Vimdin. Forearms from TBS Luke Yavin. The hands might be from an Episode I Obi-Wan (?).
Rebel Technical Officer (I don't know if this guy has a name. See ref image attached): Mainly from Indiana Jones Russian Soldier. Head modified from TVC Rebel Fleet Trooper. Repainted TVC Rebel Fleet Trooper cap. Belt made from harness leg hoop off SL Bossk. Lower legs from Comic 2-Pack Fixer Loneozner, with feet from the Russian Soldier.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2018, 05:30:44 PM »
These are great! Good job with the scuplting/modifications. The use of the Indie Russian soldier for the background rebel is great. I might have to borrow that!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2018, 02:34:52 AM »
Very nice. Talk about some extensive recipes. Off to share.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2018, 04:40:58 AM »
Always great to see Original Trilogy custom figures. Nice work on your latest two!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2018, 07:57:29 AM »
Those are outstanding!
I love customs of the obscure OTC characters.
You and Stan do such nails very work.

BTW
Those Indiana Jones Russian soldiers and Ugha figures are available from an Asian seller cheap.  I picked up about ten of each for future projects. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122916799410
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 02:47:21 AM by Tamer »

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2018, 08:35:05 AM »
Indeed outstanding works with great attention to details!!

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2018, 09:22:32 AM »
Thanks to everyone for your comments, I'm really pleased you all like them.

BTW
Those Indiana Jones Russian soldiers and Ugha figures are available from an Asian seller cheap.  I picked up about ten of each for future projects. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122916799410

Thanks Sjefke for the link. They're very useful figures. I got a pack of 10 soldiers from a shop near me that sells loose figures.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2018, 09:57:27 AM »
Thanks again everyone. Here's some Han Solo customs that came about when I was working on the Yavin Rebel figures. 

Han Solo (Endor Strike Team): Modified torso and uppermost leg joints from TBS Cassian Andor. Thighs cut and drilled from SW Saga 02/05 Kit Fisto. Lower legs modified from TBS Luke (Yavin); feet cut off, fitted with TVC Rebel Trooper's. Arms modified from TLC Agen Kolar with hands from TBS Luke (ROTJ). Head repainted and drilled from SW Saga 04/19 Han (Endor Strike). Duster, waistcoat/vest and holster from TVC or VTSC Han (Trench Coat).

Han Solo (Yavin Ceremony): Mainly uses TAC Han (Smuggler/Gunner) with modified collar. Arms slightly modified from TVC or VTSC Han (Trench Coat) with hands from The Twelfth Doctor (Wave 3). Head is repainted and drilled from Han & Leia 2-pack (TFA packaging).

Han Solo (Cloud City Prisoner/Torture): Arms, repainted head and modified lower torso from TAC Han (Torture Rack). Upper torso modified from TBS Luke (Yavin). Jacket from Force Link Han & Boba Fett 2-Pack (This is quite a close colour match to the arms - arms have a slightly more purple hue). Upper legs modified from TSC Han (Carbonite) with lower legs from TVC or VTSC Han (Trench Coat). Repainted stripes on trousers.

Han Solo (Jabba's Palace/Skiff): Mainly uses modified TSC Han (Carbonite) with lower legs and slightly modified arms from TVC or VTSC Han (Trench Coat). Repainted stripes on trousers.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2018, 02:29:23 AM »
Wow, those are awesome. Let me take some of this to the front pages.

Offline UKHistory

• Cadet
« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2018, 08:49:35 AM »
These Han Solo's are wonderful!  Your work really shows a keen eye to matching parts; it also demonstrates your painting skills.

And it also shows how great a job Hasbro did with their sculpts.  The Return of the Jedi Harrison Ford sculpt really captures  how Ford aged.  Maybe even more impressively is the fact that the "Blue eyed" Solo from the princess leia two pack is even more incredible. 

Paint the eyes and hair and it is an awesome sculpt of Han Solo.  A really good version. 

Offline Dag Marus

• Ensign
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2018, 09:15:11 AM »
Holy hell.  I totally want one of those ROTJ Han figures.  That is absolutely PERFECT.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2018, 11:25:24 AM »
Thanks everyone for your comments and thanks Tamer for all the shares.

And it also shows how great a job Hasbro did with their sculpts.  The Return of the Jedi Harrison Ford sculpt really captures  how Ford aged.  Maybe even more impressively is the fact that the "Blue eyed" Solo from the princess leia two pack is even more incredible. 

Paint the eyes and hair and it is an awesome sculpt of Han Solo.  A really good version.

Totally agree about the sculpts - I feel sorry for the sculptors who must feel like crying when they see all their hard work ruined by bad paint apps.
For example on the Han from the 2-pack, the eyes were painted on his cheeks.