Author Topic: 1/300 YT-1300 Stellar Envoy  (Read 3626 times)

Offline nicholassagan

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
1/300 YT-1300 Stellar Envoy
« on: May 20, 2015, 07:21:57 AM »
Amazing what happens with a good base kit and a little bit of effort!  This is the Stellar Envoy, as seen briefly in Star Wars Episode III.  Didn’t catch it??  It’s flying up to the loading docks at the senate during the first exterior shot of the building…Anyway, the Stellar Envoy later became the Millennium Falcon.  You can also read more about the ship’s history in the book, Millennium Falcon (of course).

The base kit for this project was the Revell Pocket Kit Millennium Falcon.  The first mod that had to be made was to lower the height of the side trenches.  On the inside edge of them there was a little tab, meant to snap the pieces in place.  I ended up trimming all the pieces to the line right above that tab and the height was perfect!  The docking rings, cockpit tube and engine inserts all needed to be trimmed to match, too.  Next I gave the whole thing a shot of the Tamiya primer I am so fond of.  Then came a mixture of light and camo grays with touches of camo gray paneling.  Then some dark ghost gray to redo the side trenches and access ports along the body.  THEN a TON of masking and a spraying of a mixture of dark ghost gray, french blue and dabs of black to taste.  Beautiful.  Follow all that up with some knife flicks with silver paint here and there and a healthy dose of weathering and VIOLA!  The Stellar Envoy!

Full Gallery: http://nicholassagan.wordpress.com/2010/09/27/bench-update-stellar-envoy/

Offline ViceroyGunray

• Cadet
  • Who's scruffy looking!?
    • My eBay Profile Page!
Re: 1/300 YT-1300 Stellar Envoy
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 06:50:26 AM »
Beautiful, great work! Paint came out awesome as well.
Hope to see more work from you in the future :)
He’s holding a thermal detonator!

Offline nicholassagan

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: 1/300 YT-1300 Stellar Envoy
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 07:47:52 AM »
Thanks! I think I pretty much littered the thread with my stuff...

ALTHOUGH I do have a nice WIP I can post....stay tuned...