Author Topic: Target Exclusive Hoth Ultimate Battle Pack  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Target Exclusive Hoth Ultimate Battle Pack
« on: August 23, 2009, 11:34:42 AM »
This one was available for around $50, last Christmas.
This Ultimate Battle Pack features 1 AT-ST walker, 1 rebel base turret with launching missile and 8 figures.

On the Empire side, You have got 3 snowtroopers: Two are super arty new Saga Legends style snowies with removable helmets, backpacks, blasters  and Non-removable cloth kamas. The third is the sculpt of the ESB gold card snowie with removable back pack, blaster, non-removable helmet, and not much articulation at all. Now why not make all of the snow troopers in this pack the nice newer sculpt? Also, there is the AT-ST driver which looks nice enough but whose articulation leaves something to be desired. The elbow joints are the angled twist type that we all hate, his ankles have no articulation at all. At least he has a ball post head. his helmet is different from Veer's in appearance although it could have been the same sculpt. he comes with a blaster. "it is important to note that the new Hasbro AT-ST coming out this fall has a repaint of this same figure for it's one driver" A super arty driver for this would have been nicer.  The included AT-ST, is the same tooling that we have seen ever since ROTJ and shows one of the better paintjobs for this sculpt that I have seen. I wonder what this atst's feet would look like on the new upcoming release of the atst?

On the Rebel side, You have two rebel troopers. One is semi arty with the same angled twist elbow joints that I just complained about but a nice sculpt overall. He comes with a blaster. Now the next rebel trooper is just terrible with only half the points of articulation that we are now used to and a twistie head versus a ball mounted one. He does have a removable backpack and a nice loooking rifle. Also, there is a nice super arty re release of Han Solo with a removable hood piece, a large looking set of electro binoculars, a hand blaster, and the complexion of an albino. Now the Luke Skywalker x-wing pilot, leaves something to be desired also as while the face sculpt is better than others and the head is ball mounted, there is no elbow, waist, or ankle articulation whatsoever. He comes with  a lightsaber, and a removable helmet.  The one saving grace of this set,"besides the two snowtroopers", Is this awsome tooling for the Hoth turret the likes of which you will find nowhere else but in this set. Size and shape looks screen accurate, there is an opening top hatch with a little floor within for a gunner to stand, there is a side access door with no latching mechanism, and the barrel has a missle launcher built into is that fires a gunship type missile.

Some bad points and some good points here but overall, it's a good set and by today's standard of prices, is probably a good value. These go for high on the bay and are getting rare.
 There

« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 11:42:01 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Target Exclusive Hoth Ultimate Battle Pack
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 11:36:10 AM »
pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 11:37:47 AM »
pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:39:10 AM »
pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 11:40:43 AM »
pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 11:43:41 AM »
pics

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 11:56:42 AM »
this is a good looking pack, but honestly all I would want from it are the gun turret and AT-ST.
I looked at a lot of these on clearance and decided against the purchase due to a real lack of articulation.
very nice review though. Confirms why I wanted the two things out of this that I did.

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 12:56:32 PM »
Yeah I wouldn't mind getting that Turret either, it would be nice if they could work it into something for the ESB30th next year packed with the elusive beardless Hoth Trooper!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 12:26:14 PM »
I will say one thing about this. I recently acquired the ultimate bp and feel I was such a daggone stupid person for not getting it while it was in store. Luckily I was able to score this at a nice price, but if you like the Battle of Hoth this is one you will want in your collection. Mine is as momc as is possible.

No, I will not be opening it. I love the paint job on the atst too.
 O0

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 05:27:53 PM »
the only thing keeping me from buying packs like these now is the release of the new atst sculpt...  I am not a moc collector of anything else other than mandos so I could proably care less about this one...

however I ALMOST bought the turret and stuff on e-bay the other day.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 09:50:26 AM »
I need to go look for a few turrets myself.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 02:07:49 PM »
Y'know, I found my old Kenner Turret & Probot playset yesterday.  That was a fun find! 

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 03:02:32 PM »
I loved this battle pack but as usual I have a complaint lol, the snow troopers seem to have spilled there coffee on there armor, other than that I no problem, the turret is amazing and helps build your Hoth army the AT-ST has a nice paint scheme but with the New AT-ST on the way it is a little outdated,.... Sorry Really wanting that new AT-ST lol

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 03:05:33 PM »
Y'know, I found my old Kenner Turret & Probot playset yesterday.  That was a fun find! 
I used to have that one, Doc.

No worries, DS, as I am shipping my UBP at-st to Spain, tomorrow. I also, am ready for the new at-st.

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 03:21:32 PM »
I have had my friend Jay ask you before about making certain items you said you were unsure if you had the blaster rifle rack to try and make a master cast from, if you would be willing to try I would glady send one to you, I am interested in getting some of your helmets, and the general veers armor as well.