Author Topic: Jodo's (Old and New) Collection  (Read 8568 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Jodo's (Old and New) Collection
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 01:52:26 AM »
Looks nice to me.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 08:28:48 PM »
Here are a few new pictures of what my office looks like. With my newest additions, I officially have over 100 Stormtroopers on display now.  0/

And my small Death Trooper focus as well:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 03:36:56 AM »
You can never have enough Stormtroopers. Looks nice.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 02:43:29 AM »
🤓
That's an impressive display.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 12:00:42 PM »
Thank you both! I actually ended up adding another 14 Stormtoopers since my last post! I found a few on clearance at Walmart!

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2019, 10:04:38 AM »
I thought it was about time to update this thread, since there is a lot's of different stuff going on! I graduated last year and started in two position with my community college. I also ended my apartment lease, so I had to move all of my stuff. It was actually a relief, since I had been there for five years, and it was one of the biggest stressors in my life.

So this happened:

And then everything moved to this current state:

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2019, 10:26:42 AM »
Hey Jodo! First off: Thanks so much for sharing your collection with us! I really like the focus of it and the the way you display all your collectibles! Everything is nice & organized.
That Helm's Deep playset is just awesome! I didn't even know something like this exsisted.
That's a conversion of a man's closet every Star Wars fan probably dreams of! I think my favourite non Star Wars scene of your collection is the shelf with Indiana Jones!
Man, there's just so much cool stuff to look at...I don't even know where to start! Is this gun loaded?
Thank the maker for the Death Trooper design! It was definitely well received among fans. And is that the newest TVC Stormtrooper in front of your Imperial garrison?
I really like how you display your action figures and pose some of them "in action"! Also the Hangar of the Rebel Fleet looks fantastic!
Such a nice collection! Awesome setup! The Barge looks good on top of your shelf there! The Jurassic Park stuff brings back some good memories.
Impressive collection!

- Philipp   

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2019, 05:13:34 AM »
I so need to do something like this too. Glad you got away from a stressor. Off to share.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2019, 12:04:44 PM »
Hey Jodo! First off: Thanks so much for sharing your collection with us! I really like the focus of it and the the way you display all your collectibles! Everything is nice & organized.
That Helm's Deep playset is just awesome! I didn't even know something like this exsisted.
That's a conversion of a man's closet every Star Wars fan probably dreams of! I think my favourite non Star Wars scene of your collection is the shelf with Indiana Jones!
Man, there's just so much cool stuff to look at...I don't even know where to start! Is this gun loaded?
Thank the maker for the Death Trooper design! It was definitely well received among fans. And is that the newest TVC Stormtrooper in front of your Imperial garrison?
I really like how you display your action figures and pose some of them "in action"! Also the Hangar of the Rebel Fleet looks fantastic!
Such a nice collection! Awesome setup! The Barge looks good on top of your shelf there! The Jurassic Park stuff brings back some good memories.
Impressive collection!

- Philipp

Philipp, thank you so much for your kind words! The Helm's Deep playset is from the Armies of Middle Earth collection, and it is by far one of my favorite pieces! I have several people offer to buy it actually, LOL.

The Death Trooper design is by far my favorite thing in the Star Wars universe. I will I had the time (and space) to build an entire suit of DT armor. I just love the sleek and deadly design of it!

The Stormtroopers are actually customs I made a few years ago. They use the RO Baze/Stormtrooper 2-pack helmet, and the Legacy A New Hope Spacetrooper body. I am very curious to see how they compare to the new TVC RO Stormtrooper figure!

Here is a close up of them:

And nope, the gun is just a replica! It's of the Dark Knight Joker's Glock. My actual firearms are secure and safe!  :)

Tamer, as always, thank you so much for sharing! And yes...If I can rid of a few other stressors I will be so much more happy. For quite some time I have suffered from depression and anxiety. I'm hoping the coming months will help alleviate a few of the sources.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2019, 11:17:09 AM »
Sorry it took me that long to reply. Thanks for all the helpful information! I looked up Armies of Middle Earth on ebay and am blown away by the amount of great stuff produced back in the days!
The prices haven't gone up that much since then - surprising.
I even found some offers of Helm's Deep and the cheapest is $100 buy-it-now, which is a great deal! The MRSP was probably cheaper (maybe $49.99?), but I'd totally buy this set for a hundred bucks! Some sealed figures are offered for 8€ on ebay Germany which is a great price considering that they're 17 years old!

I think I remember seeing some of the figures on shelves of my local comic shop back then, too. But I don't remember the price. If you collected these figures back then, you did everything right!
A friend of mine & I collected some of the 6 inch figures from ToyBiz/NECA. They were 12,99€ each in the comic shop. Good memories...later I found out they were sold for a mere of $4.99 in the U.S.
But one thing I always knew: They could've done WAY more with the Lord of the Rings franchise and produce much more merchandise. I'm just happy that we saw The Hobbit made as movie(s) a decade later...

I still try to figure out the scale of this AOME collection...they look quite similar to the Knights figurines from Schleich and about 1/24 scale (7.5 cm). Could this be correct?

I'm very excited for the new TVC Stormtrooper! It looks as if we finally get the definite Stormtrooper figure from Hasbro! Now, they only need to re-release him on a STAR WARS cardback. But I also like Rogue One and maybe they did so because 20th Century Fox still holds the rights for the first Star Wars movie. Disney gets credits for the Rogue One Design and I'm not sure if the aquisition of Fox was already complete 18 months ago when Hasbro designed the new Stormtrooper.
Isn't it crazy that it took over 40 YEARS for Kenner/Hasbro to make the perfect Stormtrooper?!
The helmet on that RO Stormtrooper is a great one, too! I'm very happy that you could army-build him! Your garrison of Stormtroopers looks excellent! Thanks for the detailed picture!
Man, I just love Rogue One with only minor flaws...I wish the Sequels were that good...
The Death Trooper is just one of so many great new designs for the era of Civil War.

Keep up the great work, please! I really enjoy looking at all the different collectibles in your collection! Your shelf with the WOTC miniatures is also great! So much different goodies in your collection!

- Philipp

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2019, 07:29:03 AM »
Really cool collection and setup!!
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback