Author Topic: Hey Guys!  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
Hey Guys!
« on: May 08, 2015, 08:51:25 AM »
Hello, my name is Zach and I'm new to the site, though I'm definitely not new to Star Wars websites. I joined Galactic Hunter about 12 years ago, and have since branched out to several other sites. A while back a member over at RS, Rezikai, invited me here to share my photonovel work, so here I am!

You might want to know a little bit about me, so here's a few things you might find interesting. I currently attend Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, where I study applied communications, as well as creative writing. I have maintained a 4.0 GPA for 11 semesters, graduating with two degrees, with another on the way (and then I'll work on another after that). I have held multiple positions in student office and committees, including student college trustee. I have also won several awards for acting and writing in college, but have given up on stage performances for the time being. Overall, my plans are to eventually teach speech and public relations at the community college level, preferably at my old stomping grounds!

Aside from school, I also have several hobbies. Most notably, I have collected Star Wars figures for almost 20 years, which I'll share some pictures of in the appropriate forum. I have also done props, FX makeup, and costumes for like 5 years now, so here's some of my work you guys might want to check out:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hey Guys!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 05:58:28 AM »
Wow, great cosplays. Are you a member of the 501st or Rebel Legion? I could easily see you being a member there.

Welcome to ISY!

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 08:47:05 AM »
Thanks! Oddly enough, I'm actually not a member of either group. I had planned to join the 501st, but wasn't old enough when I did my first Star Wars costume. Then when it came time, I had kind of lost interest! I probably will this next year though, because I ended up buying one of ANOVA's Stormtrooper armor kits!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 08:56:19 AM »
Impressive. Welcome aboard.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 01:24:34 PM »
I almost bit on one of those kits too. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Be sure to document the process!

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 06:28:58 PM »
Thanks Clonehead!

Tamer, I definitely will! For the price I absolutely couldn't pass up getting the kit. Most helmets run just shy of that price, so it was a good deal IMO.