Author Topic: ThisIsRed5's 6" customs  (Read 4353 times)

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Re: ThisIsRed5's 6" customs
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2015, 04:48:15 AM »
I love the idea for this!  The bits and pieces look fantastic: really cool concept.

Question: About how much did those metal models cost?  I know I've seen them before, but was curious about what they run...

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline ThisIsRed5

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2015, 08:30:55 AM »
Thank you guys for the compliments.

The models were  somewhere around 10-15$, but I think you can find them online for less than that. I used 3 models (r2, tie fighter and at-at) and plenty of krazy glue.

The more small parts, the more options you'll have. The at-at is boxy and has many large panels that are useless. The at-at head did make for a cool jet pack

Offline bwize

• Cadet
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2015, 09:43:51 AM »
Darth Maul custom. The head started as a Gold Dust wwe basic figure. I shaved down parts and added here and there. The body is a marvel legends Agent Venom. His skirt is part of the halo master cloak and also strips of an old silk tie that I coated w epoxy. The paint is designed to work better with the joints to avoid scraping so it's different than most designs slightly.
Any critique is encouraged. Thanks for looking

WOW!  You Maul looks amazing!  Great job.