Author Topic: Australia  (Read 9961 times)

Offline RedLeaderOne (00fire501)

• Star Wars YouTuber
  • Commander
  • I Love Talking Star Wars
    • Star Wars RedLeaderOne YouTube
Re: Australia
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 02:21:57 AM »
what wave are in Australia for the new vintage line and where can I find them.

Offline Cliffthelightning

• Ensign
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 09:19:43 PM »
I've been to Austraila :) I was looking for a thylacine during my time there... sadly did not find any...LOL

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2014, 02:50:55 PM »
I've been to Austraila :) I was looking for a thylacine during my time there... sadly did not find any...LOL

Did you go to Tasmania or the Aussie main land?...They were native to Tasmania which is part of Australia but not joined to the mainland itself. 

My local K-mart has been getting wave 4 of the BS in (2 cases at my local).   

Big W has only wave 3 on the pegs along with the MS rubbish.  Found some new Lego yesterday and some Rebels Lego as well. 

Target has been good for 6 inch stuff as has Myer and David Jones in my area.

TRU....forget it.  SW is dead at my local store.

ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2014, 04:50:51 AM »
Remember, your foreign friends don't mind helping you out if you need any assistance. I think I can ship priority mail international to Australia for twenty some bucks or so.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 09:15:29 AM »
Remember, your foreign friends don't mind helping you out if you need any assistance. I think I can ship priority mail international to Australia for twenty some bucks or so.

Thanks Tamer.

Same goes for you guys n gals.  I have been helping out a few friends in the UK of late with MS stuff and a few guys in the US with some Black Series.  Just completed a trade with a friend overseas for a few more Power Droids in exchange for a BS Mara Jade and a POTF2 Spacetrooper and a Darktrooper. 

Retail in my area seems to be a "get in quick" scenario.  Once stores sell out that tends to be it till the next wave hits.  Kmart & Target especially.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:21:44 AM by Wardog »
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 02:51:42 AM »
I hear you. I can't say our brick and mortar stores are much better, but we are finally seeing glimmers of hope and the new movie year is slowly approaching and we can assume the retail aisles will be much better then, hopefully for us all.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2014, 11:56:21 AM »
With Rebels starting to fire up here (Western Sydney) a lot of stores are getting merchandise in yet some have yet to see anything....two Big W stores near me for example...one has lots of Rebels stock yet the other has nothing Rebels related.  My local Targets are barren as is K-Mart.   TRU is the real winner here with LOADS of stock.   

Sad news however that my local TRU will be closing it's doors in January.   

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2014, 09:02:39 PM »
Happy more to help here if anyone needs me. Been out of the "game for a while but still into GG Busts and have a bit of 3 3/4 stuff left. The Black Series looks cool though. Must refrain.... ;)

Aussie

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2020, 02:45:40 AM »
This is a topic that lies on my stomach for weeks by now and feels like a freight train crossing my guts.
I've exchanged a few messages with hemble the last couple days because I wonder why the Australian government don't send a request for international help.

News here in Europe have been reporting on the devastating bushfires in Australia since they broke out in September last year. I've come accross a few videos of Australians the last days and they all send out a call for help. By now it seems like an entire continent with a unique flora and fauna is on fire and it feels like Vader is choking my throat as I'm writing this.
Approximately 500 Million animals (wild & domestic) have died in the fires already or had to be put down because of  injuries. And also people lost their life throughout the months many of which were firefighters and volunteers.

New Zealand, Canada and the United States of America  have sent firefighters for support already. France offered their help this week and I hope more European countires will follow. I expect the German government to send support. They dump so much money on questionable projects every day. I think supporting Australia is obligatory because changing conditions against life on this planet effect all of us.

Michael Mercy made me aware of Tony's Video of Analog Toys:

doule-click for full screen view:

BBC News from Tuesday, Jan 7, 2020

Call from Ethys Asher on Monday, Jan 6, 2020

If you can make a donation of any kind, it will help.

Here's a list of instutions that Tony listed in the description of his video:

NSW Rural Fire Service: https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/volunteer/...

Victorian Fire Service: https://www.communityenterprisefounda...

Southeast Gippsland Fire Service: https://www.gerf.org.au/ 

Australian Red Cross: https://fundraise.redcross.org.au/arc

Salvation Army: https://www.salvationarmy.org.au/donate/

World Wildlife Fund: https://donate.wwf.org.au/donate#gs.p...

Ethys Asher's call to donate on generozity:

https://generozity.com.au/

Let's show our support for Australia shipyarders!

Analog Toys on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TorturedGeniusFilms

Michael Mercy's on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmgG7ruaCzhRLWM0brj4e8Q

- Philipp
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 04:50:36 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2020, 04:30:20 AM »
Time for me to put the word out about. Thanks for the post.

I have checked in with Darth Aussie and Ron. Both have assured me they are ok, but still.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2020, 07:16:11 PM »
Great work Philipp that is awesome and thanks again to Philipp and Shawn and everyone else that has contacted not just myself but the other Aussie Shipyarders to see if we are ok.

As I have mentioned to Philipp and Shawn I live in far North Queensland in Townsville and we have been lucky not to have the destruction of the fires here and we here in Townsville have had rain so that is also good.

I just want to say if you do donate to help the with the fire relief I and every other Australian would be very much grateful.

Ron

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2020, 02:51:39 AM »
Tamer: Thank you for sharing this Tamer! There were only a couple people reacting to my post on Facebook, but I hope many who didn't react were already aware of the situation.
I take the one "haha" directed to me being pretty late with posting this. But after I took a quick look at the profile I could also imagine  malicious joy there. Don't hope I'm Right here.
The one comment left me pretty puzzled. Sad to see that some people think this is political. Animals can't vote and ecological disasters effect all of us.
I find those reactions quite appalling to be honest. So I guess I experienced some of the well known premium content in miniature scale, which some people out there post every day in the Internet.
But everyone can have their opinion. That's fine and definitely won't keep me from donating more as soon as I'll have sold more of my stuff. Could make a $20 donation so far.

hemble: Thanks Ron, but the thanks goes to the people out there calling for help and donations. Wish I could help locally. I'm thankful that you and all YouTubers I know in Australia seem to be okay. UsualMikeTelevision shared some updates, too!
Hope it'll rain big time, soon. Wish I could send you all the rain we have here in Germany and Scottland. Let's hope the best for your country!
I apologize for all the misspellings. I use Internet Explorer now and somehow it has a Kind of auto correction in German so many words are changed to capital letters and letter swapping. Thank the maker for the spell check on here. I think we need a like button on here, too!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2020, 05:17:55 AM »
Haters gonna hate. Doesn't mean the rest of us can't be sympathetic.