Author Topic: Tie Fighter Short movie  (Read 1237 times)

Offline BenAlius

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • #Buildingtoysformyson blog
Tie Fighter Short movie
« on: March 26, 2015, 07:24:56 AM »
Maybe not the right place to mention this short film, but I had to share it!

https://youtu.be/PN_CP4SuoTU

Description from the maker:
What if there was an Empire-focused short Star Wars animation, drawn with the crazy detail and shading of classic 80s anime that's all but vanished from Japan nowadays?
Well, I tried my best. Apologies in advance for not living up to Venus Wars standards.
Drawn and animated by yours truly over 4 years' worth of weekends, with music by the living guitar solo Zak Rahman and sound design by up and coming audio technician Joseph Leyva. Fans of Lucasarts' seminal 1994 TIE Fighter game may notice a few familiar sights and sounds. That “incoming missile” noise gives me horrible flashbacks to this day...
Check out my #Buildingtoysformyson blog!
http://gewooneenchris.wix.com/buildingtoysformyson

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Tie Fighter Short movie
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 07:48:44 AM »
That's pretty much the coolest thing I've ever seen. Thats the closest I've been to an all out nerdgasm.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 10:57:46 AM »
A fantastic video! He showed some short previews of this awesome video before. Together with I.M.P.S. these might be the only videos showing SW from the Imperial side
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
  • Drawing Star Wars comics since 1986!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 09:03:18 PM »
Nice. I saw Paul Johnson's work when he had just over 2 mins of this anime done ... whew in 2013?  Glad to see it was finished and Zakir Rahman added a new track to make it more TIE-Fighter Game-ish.... Also on a personal note... as an 80's and 90's anime fan back when we called it Japanimation it reminds me tons of GundamWing and Macross (robotech) which i love..

As an Imperial lover i've watched it so much I started making up the dialogue that remained silent..lol
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 09:06:04 PM by Rezikai »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 06:48:49 AM »
Yepper this and IMPS are my favorite fan films. This so needs to go further. I think I heard or read somewhere he was sent a cease and desist. Time to share on the front page again.