Author Topic: Rogue One  (Read 27846 times)

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
Re: Rogue One
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2016, 02:18:50 PM »
I'll be seeing it Friday at 10pm with some friends. I can't wait. Just curious, how long is the space battle?
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2016, 02:49:24 PM »
The final battle which takes place on land, in the air and in space, takes about 30 minutes.
You will see X-Wings, Y-Wings, U-Wings against hundreds of TIE Fighters.
You'll enjoy it.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2016, 04:34:05 AM »
Saw it last Wednesday. It starts off a bit rocky with introductions, it continues as a fast paced movie filled with action. This is a Star Wars movie for the adults. Not just the ones who grew up with either the OT or the PT, but also people who haven't seen SW at all.  There is little comic relief, mostly from the likeable sarcastic K-2SO.

Star Wars so far has been pretty straight forward. On one side you have the heroes doing heroic things, on the other hand you have the villains, doing villainous things. Rogue One isn't that black and white. It's grey and exactly what I expected. On more than one occasion I really got this old Marvel comic feel, with the gritty look and action in the scenes.

I really liked the little nods to the other movies and TV series, especially a cameo by two shady fellas.

The weight of the Empire's tiranny and of the ongoing galactic civil war is also very palpable. Citizens and troopers alike, each is tired and weary from this huge conflict. It shows how everyday people deal with it, which is totally different from the view the Skywalker saga showed us.

It's a great start to the Star Wars anthology movies and now I really want them to make a Republic Commando movie :D I'll watch Rogue One again this Sunday and probably ten times more after that....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2016, 05:51:00 AM »
I liked it. More detail later.

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2017, 06:16:58 PM »
So the tank in the movie, is it officialy called a hovertank or did we assume that from the trailers? I only ask cuz there is a shot were you can clearly see tank treads under the vehicle. I dont think they would of added the shot with out altering it if they wanted to say it was hovering.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2017, 06:51:38 AM »
I have it in the new guide books I have I will see what it says. I meant to look that up weeks ago.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2017, 08:13:19 AM »
  I looked it up on wookieepedia, its called a TX-225 "occupier" assault tank, and it doesn't describe the propulsion. They do say,  originally it was called the Hovertank but then that name was scrapped. However the toy companies kept the name, kind of a Zuvio effect.  The prop was built on a tank frame, and used tank drivers in the movie. So it seems like it could be a caterpillar track vehicle, or not. It's up to interpretation until it's explained.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:52:44 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2017, 06:30:06 AM »
It does seem odd to see a tracked vehicle in a speeder like frame. I like it though.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2017, 02:52:58 PM »
So, my counter for Rogue One is on 6 :D I also watched it with my two girls, who took a bit of adjusting, not seeing their favourite heroes and villains of the OT in there. But the short and quick cameo of R2 and 3PO pleased them, and they were pretty impressed with Vader's bad ass performance near the end of the movie.

I'll try and catch it for a seventh time this weekend. After that, it'll no longer be in the theatres here in Holland :(

But hey.... The Last Jedi will soon be upon us! Yay!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2017, 02:53:25 AM »
DVD Release details on the front page and facebook.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2017, 07:39:15 PM »
I've honestly grown to like this movie more an more after every viewing. I feel its by far the best prequel. Even with many lazy designs  and underdeveloped characters. Also I would have enjoyed moody electronic music as a change of pace since it is a spin off anyways.

I was definitely disappointed after my first viewing since every epic  shot from the trailers was discarded and they made an entirely different cut of the movie.  I would love to see that... But then again I would be willing to watch the org. 16hr cut of AOTC out of nothing more then curiosity.

Its an enjoyable addition to the franchise.  EVEN if they could have easily made the two leads Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 07:42:45 PM by (SID) »