Author Topic: Rogue One  (Read 27844 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Rogue One
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2016, 06:36:22 PM »
Has anyone seen the alleged leaked teaser trailer? Looks legit to me. There's no real spoiler or anything alluding to the plot, but the screen shots are pretty cool. I was reading some plot spoilers, I won't get into the details but Mads' character, Galen seems to be a really interesting character. If its true.  He's kind of like Wehrner von Braun, from what I can gather.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:45:18 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2016, 02:32:21 AM »
Have a link?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2016, 04:49:03 AM »
This is a link to the supposed leaked trailer for Rogue One, plus a commentary.

It seems to be legit, I've seen some good fakes, but this is a little different.  Like I said there aren't any spoliers really, if it is real. I hope they put more in the official trailer than this. If not I'd be highly pissed. The shots look cool though. Its been all over the interwebs, I'm surprised no one is talking about it.

Also breaking this week rumors of the T-47 making a comeback . apparently Donnie Yenn's wife spilled the beans. http://www.inquisitr.com/2929172/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-snowspeeders-to-strike-back-once-again/  technically it won't be a "Snowspeeder".
   BTW the Rogue one book is on preorder release date October 25.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:40:16 AM by Tamer »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2016, 06:05:24 PM »
I'm really excited for this. I honestly don't think this will be on the same level as TFA, but I still think this will be a good movie. As I said before, it's how they steal the plans is what intrigues me. Very cool that the AT-ATs will be returning, and it would be awesome if the Snowspeeders make a return as well. After the X-wing they are one of my favorite crafts.

They may just be called Airspeeders though, T-47s or even just "speeders". I believe a Rebel Officer referred to them as speeders in Empire. Were they referred to as T-47s as well? I don't recall.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2016, 06:21:00 PM »
Agree! But I'm more excited about this than TFA. I really like the rebellion era, it has some really neat aspects. 
   Yeah the T-47 were technically airspeeders but on the TESB set they called them Snowspeeders. Han and the officer referred to them as speeders. The surgical droid referred to them as T-47s while speaking with Luke. Saying something like there won't be time to evacuate the T-47s, and Luke says forget the heavy equipment. T-47 is basically a modified tractor, they took a vehicle designed to tow supplies and added a couple of guns to it. They had to adapt them to the extreme cold of Hoth so that leads me to believe they weren't originally designed for cold temperatures. So they became Snowspeeders after they were adapted.

Im a Y-wing fan myself, I hope to see them as well. It would be great to see the Walkers and speeders clash it out again.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 06:40:02 PM by JDeck »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2016, 06:53:52 PM »
Ah yes, I knew it involved a scene with Han. I forgot about that scene with Luke and the medical droid. I need to watch Empire again. If the T-47s make a return, I wonder if all of them will have the red markings or if the leader will have gray markings, similar to Luke's speeder.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2016, 07:07:40 PM »
I watched the original theatrical release of TESB last week, for the first time in many years, it was great. I would think grey just based on Yenn's wife's reaction to the Lego Snowspeeder. She was like it looks exactly like the one on Hubby's set. LOL. But yeah other than that I have no idea. Uhhh man I can't wait! Its gonna be so cool. I saw some leaked photos of a black and grey x-wing,
   http://dailystarwars.com/details/140454171743/X-WING-from-the-set-of-ROGUE-ONE-The-Star-Wars-Story  reminiscent of Poe's T-70. Meybe it wasn't painted yet or something, or a special forces x-wing. Who knows. I can't wait for the Rogue One merchandise either, something I never said about TFA. Marvel is making a Rogue one comic series in October. http://dailystarwars.com/details/141268980008/Marvel-Comics-Launching-Rogue-One-A-Star-Wars-Story-Prequel-Series  I like the new Marvel Star Wars, that will be awesome.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:37:54 PM by JDeck »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2016, 09:01:21 PM »
Should be awesome. One of my friends was telling me Vader Down is a good comic. I have yet to check it out.

I'm excited for the Rogue One merchandise as well, at least with this stuff everything will be OT era. I was excited for TFA merchandise, not overly excited where I'm grabbing every figure but just happy to see more stuff on the shelf. I read on Rebelscum that Rogue One will be having its own Force Friday. I think September maybe? I'd have to check again. I got full time at my job back in January and I have Fridays and Saturdays off, so I'm glad I won't have to burn a vacation day.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2016, 06:46:14 AM »
Just now reading this. Cool deal, walkers! Time to get some of this on the front page and thanks for the updates!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2016, 10:41:05 AM »
I double checked, and Rogue One "Force Friday" will be Sept. 30, 2016.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2016, 06:03:47 PM »
  That'll be awesome I can't wait. I think all the merchandise will be slated towards an adult crowd since this movie will be gruesome, well, while still being PG-13.

here's another article I found about Darth Vader's role in R1. http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/a-classic-villain-will-have-some-action-in-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/
   Sounds pretty badass. There pitching new ideas how Vader can kill Rebel soldiers. Decapitation, dismemberment, human shields. Holy crap! We saw a little of that in the Star Wars and Vader comics, but in live action. This'll  make Phantom Menace look like Care Bears.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 07:14:14 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2016, 05:00:30 AM »
I just keep hoping we will see a multi-articulated line hit more stores than just wally world. They sure reiterated walmart only at Toy Fair, but gotta wonder that other retailers are clamoring for all the figures, not just the 5poa ones.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »
Last year I was reading a Hasbro Q&A from some website. I forgot what it was. Hasbro basically said the only reason they're making SA 3.75" was because Walmart requested it. Now I work in wholesale, as a contracted distributer. From my experience, what the retailers want they get, regardless of whether its a bad business decision. Because the wholesaler can't afford to lose a retailer.

The best way to make change is to petition the retailers to demand SA 3.75". Target, Walgreen's, Amazon whatever would be the ones to go to. Now I don't know how to go about doing that exactly, but its an idea. We could start a collector coalition with other sites to create a large petition. Something like that would be our best bet.
    Truthfully retailers like Target wouldn't be too reluctant because they want what Walmarts got. Targets number have been falling, (see image) what better way to take money from Walmart. Now believe it or not Dollar General is Walmart's biggest competition, according to the numbers I was given, they would be a good one to go to as well. Actually Dollar General would be perfect, they're in every neighborhood and they wouldn't need much convincing to agree. They were very successful with the Saga series, so Black series 3.75" would be a logical next step. However I don't know what "exclusive" rights Walmart has on 3.75" bs. Walmart carries a lot of weight, one of the largest retailers in the world. However their numbers are flatlined and DG's on the rise. (See image). DG is building more stores. At least in my area there's 2-3 DGs circling every WM. Now the reason I bring up the stock exchange numbers is when the petition is accepted, and DG asks Hasbro for Bs 3.75", Hasbro will look at DG's numbers and see it would be profitable. Hopefully if other retailers see what happened they too will start carrying BS 3.75". Causing Hasbro to totally rethink their approach to SA figures.
    If every Dollar General had just one peg for Black series 3.75" it would be enough to meet demand. Right now one peg at Walmart ain't cutting it. But see we HAVE TO petition Dollar General, its absolutely useless to petition Hasbro. They can't force retailers to buy them. I'm 100% convinced Dollar General would be the best retailer to petition. It would be beneficial to us, Hasbro and Dollar General.

I figure if we start soon we could see results by year's end. I've seen organizations do the same thing, but for ethical reasons. Basically it would be the same strategy. Actually it's easier to petition a retailer to add product, than it would be for to discontinue a product. Its worth a shot. If successful it would send a big message to Hasbro. If we fail we can't give up, just adjust the strategy. There's more than one way to do it. I have a plan B.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:41:46 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2016, 02:29:00 AM »
It would sure be awesome to see pressure applied somewhere to get SA Figures back on multiple store pegs.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2016, 07:29:27 AM »
  Something needs to give. This is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:49:09 PM by JDeck »