Author Topic: Rogue One  (Read 27883 times)

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
Re: Rogue One
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2016, 03:38:24 PM »
Trailer Teaser for Rogue One:

More coming up tomorrow...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:45:25 AM by Tamer »
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2016, 02:47:27 AM »
Cool, on the front page.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2016, 05:06:29 AM »
And here it is, the first teaser trailer for ROGUE ONE.
I love the movie already.

app=desktop

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2016, 05:30:59 AM »
Well, that's awesome! This movie is going to be great. It possibly could be my next favorite. We shall see.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2016, 05:50:50 AM »
Interesting E-11 she is holding

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2016, 08:07:48 AM »
It's goming to be awesome can't wait until December DH

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2016, 03:44:56 PM »
My nephew and I watched the new Rogue One trailer and noticed quite a few things to theorize over and after throwing around numerous ideas we were wondering if possibly that new droid seen in the trailer might possibly be a reimagined (for the new canon) Phase one Darktrooper. The droid has the same style back armor plate very much resembling the OT Stormtrooper back armor so we are leaning towards this new droid being some form of Imperial Trooper. This new upcoming movie looks so Original Trilogy and my nephew and I cannot wait to see it in the theater. We saw at least one Gonk droid in the new trailer too...Yes!
A couple of pics are attached for visual comparison of the new droid and OT Stormtrooper back armor.
Any thoughts anyone?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 06:04:05 PM by I-am-Boba-Fett »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2016, 05:02:54 PM »
  That is an interesting theory. It very well could be a darktrooper. I think it might be a clone wars era battle droid. Like a super battle droid re imagined for a more sophisticated movie. Rebels were known to use battle droids, It seems to be on their side. The stormtroopers could have adopted the design, from the separatist droids. Impossible to know.
  Still no clues if that guy is Biggs Darklighter or not daggnabbit!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:29:13 PM by JDeck »

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2016, 06:33:52 PM »
My nephew and I read somewhere (can't remember where) on one of the many sites online today that the droid is an aquatic Imperial droid and is being referred to right now as a Seal Trooper (whatever that is, lol). Also, Alan Tudyk (Wash from Firefly) is going to be the voice of this new droid.Supposedly this information came from official source. Whether this information is legitimate or not is still up for debate at the moment. Will post more when more information is found.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 07:04:50 PM by I-am-Boba-Fett »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2016, 06:53:45 PM »
Yeah I think your right I read in a few places it was an imperial droid reprogrammed by the rebels. They described his face as being similar to iron giant's. He's big and scary but innocent in a way. I dunno. Can't wait to find out though.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2016, 07:08:28 PM »
Yeah I think your right I read in a few places it was an imperial droid reprogrammed by the rebels. They described his face as being similar to iron giant's. He's big and scary but innocent in a way. I dunno. Can't wait to find out though.

The droid's face is said to be a cross between EV9-D9 and the Iron Giant. Also, having eyes like the Iron Giant's eyes. My nephew and I are way more stoked about this Rogue One movie than we were for TFA.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2016, 07:46:29 PM »
After seeing the trailer I'm even more excited for this movie now. The trailer really impressed me, and it was awesome (and menacing) to see the walkers again! I'm still itching to know if Deigo Luna is playing Biggs.

Someone screen grabbed a ton of photos from the trailer and I studied this one a bit. The helmets on the pilots are from ANH, so maybe we will see those pilots? Many of the helmets were reused throughout the trilogy, so I'm not holding my breath. It is intriguing however.

1: Red helmet, left.  This was used by John D. Branon, Red Four at Yavin. He was the first to be shot down by TIEs ("I'm hit!")
2: Circles on helmet, back.  This was used by Davish Krail, or 'Pops', the last Y-wing pilot to be shot down by Vader ("Stay on target!")
3: Blue Rebel logos.  There were quite a few random pilots seen before takeoff with the same helmets.
4: Red striped helmet, right.  This looks like the helmet Wes Janson wore in Empire. However this was originally shown in ANH very briefly. When Red 10 is shot down covering Red Leader, as he is killed, if you slow it down you can see he is wearing a different helmet then he had during the battle (his original helmet looked like Wedge's but with gold circles on each side). I read this was an error, as the pilot who was shot down was supposed to be Red 12, which was why he had a different helmet.

Anyway, it would be really cool to see those pilots again, but there is a shot of some pilots where it looks like they were captured.

Let the speculating begin!
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2016, 11:02:11 PM »
This is the screengrab of the captured Rebel pilots you were talking about, I think.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2016, 01:56:03 AM »

I figure most will have this downloaded like me now. Wasn't it great! Like seeing the dialogue here.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2016, 02:22:57 AM »
I tell you what: right now I feel like this movie will be way cooler than TFA.