Author Topic: hello from canada!  (Read 3790 times)

Offline bobcat

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
hello from canada!
« on: March 10, 2015, 09:28:42 PM »
 hey people of the shipyard! thought id say hi in the newbie section.

im no stranger to the sw websites (jta,rebelscum,yakface) but using the forums is sorta new to me other then disqus and using the forum on rebelscum when i bought stuff a bit here and their.

cheers!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:49:37 PM by bobcat »

Offline BenAlius

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • #Buildingtoysformyson blog
Re: hello from canada!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 11:02:04 PM »
Welcome Bobcat, nice to have you here!
Check out my #Buildingtoysformyson blog!
http://gewooneenchris.wix.com/buildingtoysformyson

Offline bobcat

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 12:41:05 AM »

awesome! thanks man! :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 02:41:52 AM »
Welcome bobcat, it will be interesting to see a perspective here from Canada!

Offline bobcat

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 09:49:54 PM »
Welcome bobcat, it will be interesting to see a perspective here from Canada!

haha, well i hope i dont dissapoint! :) i watched your video you made with the cardback customizer dudes. i want to print some cardbacks off if i can find high quality ones like ffurg use to have that i never got and i was just getting some tips on how people go about putting them on cardboard etc etc. cool video! with a little southern charm at its finest ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:47:31 PM by bobcat »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 03:12:30 AM »
Glad you liked it. I would definitely consult Darth Streams (member here) who was one of the fine folks who let us interview him on how he works his carding magic. There is also a thread somewhere here that Bill put together with all the tools and supplies you need to do this on your own.

Offline bobcat

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 11:08:54 PM »
Glad you liked it. I would definitely consult Darth Streams (member here) who was one of the fine folks who let us interview him on how he works his carding magic. There is also a thread somewhere here that Bill put together with all the tools and supplies you need to do this on your own.

Thanks Tamer! my search for those cardbacks that were/are on ffurg.com isnt working out so well but i hear ya on tutorials on how to make them and supplies..really, i am just going to print off what i can find at staples and place them in the back of the shelving unit. im not trying to reproduce anything in a big time crazy way. just as a backround for my little shelf and i can swap out cardbacks when i get bored of what i have in their.

anyway, thanks! i think i messaged Darth Streams before i even saw that video and realized it was one of the guys i messaged in the video.  i cant remember the usename now but it was def one of the guys in the video. the dude with the longer hair in his basement. not the bearded guys! im pretty sure that DarthStreams i messaged.

thanks!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:28:05 PM by bobcat »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 03:08:28 AM »
William Reehil that is Darth Streams. I definitely highly recommend him. and he is one nice person too.

Offline bobcat

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 04:18:15 AM »

cool! well like i said as fate had it i messaged him before i watched that video you guys put up on youtube. then i went ''oh damn! i think i just messaged this guy!'' im sure it was him but i could of messaged a diff darthwhoever but i dont think so. if i hear back from him then ill know i guess! baha... your up early! and im up super late!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 06:40:24 AM »
Yep, I get up an hour early to make sure I keep up with the site. The folks here put up too much nice work for me to not showcase it. Some days, like this week, I have been running out of time. But if that happens that means there is a ton of stuff here so thats actually a good problem. All the folks here are very patient with me getting to showcasing their work.

Offline bobcat

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 12:01:42 AM »
Yep, I get up an hour early to make sure I keep up with the site. The folks here put up too much nice work for me to not showcase it. Some days, like this week, I have been running out of time. But if that happens that means there is a ton of stuff here so thats actually a good problem. All the folks here are very patient with me getting to showcasing their work.

well, thats great! you have kids and a family right ? and everything else you gotta do! it can be dangerous being on the net cause time can fly by so u gotta be careful! haha. it seems like a nice little place here with friendly people! :) glad im here! actually i messaged Phatty the other day but i just sent a message to DarthStreams last night. i was going a bit crazy with my searching their for a few days so i got a bit ahead of myself but im coming back to earth a little now! haha

cheers Tamer/Shawn,, whatever you like to go by!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:03:43 AM by bobcat »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 05:57:57 AM »
Yepper, my family is priority number one. I dileniate a set time to do my fun here and if I run out of time, just like you do with other hobbies, you come back to it later. Glad you are enjoying this places as the idea is just to have fun here.