Author Topic: Rebel Medium Transport. WIP.  (Read 8018 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Rebel Medium Transport. WIP.
« on: March 04, 2015, 08:09:52 AM »
   Just want to give folks an idea of what I'm working on. I wanted to finish the subassembly today but I just ran out of glue. It always seems to happen at the worst possible time.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 10:38:30 PM by JDeck »

Offline BenAlius

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • #Buildingtoysformyson blog
Re: Rebel Medium Transport. WIP.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:08:45 AM »
Cool! What are the dimensions?
Check out my #Buildingtoysformyson blog!
http://gewooneenchris.wix.com/buildingtoysformyson

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:21:41 AM »
Cool! What are the dimensions?
I wanted it to be close to 1/270 scale. The length is 13" (33cm) width about 4" (10cm) hight at its tallest 1.5" (4cm). This is just the substructure of the shell it will end up being overall taller and a bit wider.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 08:12:18 AM »
Looks like a good start.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 09:13:59 AM »
I was really hoping to get the substructure about done yesterday I went out to get glue came back and every time I got started I was interrupted. Meybe this weekend but I just want to complete it by May so I can start on another ship.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 07:50:55 PM »
    I was able to get some work done on the reactor core. I had to add the shell panels as I went along so it gives you an idea of how the whole thing will look. I still need to sand and clean it up a bit but its a long ways from painting so I've got time.

Its sort of slow going I just want to get the subframe right after that its a cake walk. Next I'll build the sub orbital auxiliary engines that go on the top of the shell. Then I can finish the ribs and either start on the underside or start paneling the shell.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:49:39 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 05:20:24 AM »
It will be great to see this project finished.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 11:02:06 PM »
Looking good.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 05:06:28 AM »
It will be great to see this project finished.

I hear ya
Looking good.

Ron
Thanks bud.
 I took another pic of my progress to update my brother since I have the pic already might as well share it with you all. I started putting the shell panels on the rear section just to see how it looks. I added a layer since I took the picture to cover  the small gaps.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:11:50 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 07:31:51 PM »
    I took a slight break from my transport today. I started on a twin pod ship inspired by one at the end of TESB that no body knows what the heck it is but for my interpretation its a Corellian patrol/scout craft. I built it using parts I bought at dollar tree plus greebles from my collection. I just need to go to the dollar tree again for the other pod's front dome  I took off a flashlight. The body itself is made from two Solo cup shot glasses one I cut in half. But tomorrow I'll get back to work  on my clamshell.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:33:02 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 02:52:45 AM »
You are off to a great start! Off to share.

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 03:15:54 AM »
I thought this ship was too interesting not to have a close up shot but i cant find any clear ones. However due to the two pods i thought them as refueling ships or cargo ships

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 04:25:42 AM »
You are off to a great start! Off to share.
   Thanks Tamer.
I thought this ship was too interesting not to have a close up shot but i cant find any clear ones. However due to the two pods i thought them as refueling ships or cargo ships

I think you're right its some kind of tanker I was seeing the pods as either cockpits, or engines, but they're too big for cockpits. I think the part between the pods that sticks up, maybe like a fueling rod of sorts that could attach to the host ship to refuel. Also it seems to have an "equalizer" bridge running between the pods so it may hold fluid. Like you said its so small and out of focus, it could be anything. if it were a warship it probably would have been in ROTJ too. So perhaps I'll make it a tanker even if its not and I'll use another design for my patrol ship. We'll see how it turns out.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:27:16 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 10:17:09 AM »
    I continued working on my TESB ship that I've come to the conclusion is a fuel tanker. So I started work on the other pod I haven't yet painted it so you get a glimpse of how it all comes together. I almost forgot how I built my first pod since they needed to have the exact same shape but eventually I remembered I sectioned the front solo cup instead of merely cutting it in half. Also I started work on the engine. Its made of gel pen tops, super glue tops, a super glue bottom and a jet thruster from a model kit. I just need to figure out the middle section it sort of looks like a pod racer right now but since the only shot of this vehicle is so small and blurry I'll have to use my creative imagination.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:51:31 PM by JDeck »

Offline Unreality

• Cadet
    • Rebel Scale
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 09:22:30 PM »
I love the work I'm seeing here. The Rebel Transport will look fantastic when done. I also love what you're doing with that unknown TESB ship. I built one several years ago as a tanker. Mine was much smaller, but a fun build for something you don't see covered anywhere.

Great job!!