Author Topic: Star Wars: Battle Pod  (Read 7381 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Star Wars: Battle Pod
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 02:55:47 AM »
I might not get to see one of these ever with nothing even remotely close to me.

You guys will have to let me know how fun it is!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 12:14:22 PM »
I went to D&B yesterday before seeing Ant-man (which was good btw). They had one machine and I was able to play a few levels. This game is great, its an actual pod, you open the door and sit inside. The screen is curved so when you sit inside the screen surrounds you. It's fast paced so you have to be quick. I failed the 2 easy levels but beat the hardest level, the Death Star II. Go figure. You fly in the Falcon, and there's a part that recreates a scene from the ROTJ novelization I believe. You fly into the hangar of a Star Destroyer, although in the novel I think Lando fired a ton of shots, doing major damage in the hangar. There's a lever you push when you're craft is ready to take off. I noticed on Hoth as I exited Echo Base there was a breeze of cool air in the pod, that was a nice addition.

I'm definitely going to go back and play it. There's 5 levels: Yavin, Hoth, Endor (shield generator), DSII and a bonus stage where you fly as Vader and take out Rebels and prevent them from salvaging a superlaser from the wreckage of the Death Star.

Overall I liked it, even though it was fast paced, there were some moments it was hard to see when you had to blast any ships that came directly in front of you. I'll play it anytime I come across it but I still prefer the Star Wars Trilogy Arcade game (from 1998).
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 05:47:17 PM »
I haven't been to D&B yet. From what I've seen it does look really fast and difficult. I'd probably drop $20 in that thing before I got a handle on it. LOL. I may go there early in the day sometime to avoid the croud. Nice recon work.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 05:52:13 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 11:36:08 AM »
I'd probably drop $20 in that thing before I got a handle on it. LOL.

Double that for me I bet, but I would do it with a smile on my face. I have got to figure out where the closest one is and go try it.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2019, 01:14:47 AM »
STILL wanna play this. But the $$$ of each play holds me back... I've also never been inside a D&B... Probably for the same reason. My friends are always begging me to go to the location at Providence Place Mall. But why bother when close enough by is Shelter Arcade which is all vintage machines still $0.25! And they have free nights and some of the machines are "busted" and just free play! Hahaha ^-^

NOW that OG trilogy arcade game is and will always be incredible (minus that Hard as *%$#%*$ light saber stage!) I would love that machine in my house/life along with the T2 and that INSANE Aerosmith Revolution X
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 01:20:09 AM by (SID) »