Author Topic: Great kits coming from Bandai  (Read 41766 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Great kits coming from Bandai
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 01:13:58 PM »
Here's a closer look at the Slave I. It can be mounted in flight position or landed with the cargo bay open or closed. It even comes with a 1/144 Han Solo in carbonite as well as Boba fett both sitting hand standing. Available Sept.30

Also available Sept.30 6" Boba Fett. Check out the details. Even The jetpack nozzels can swivel. I like that gun, tons and tons of detail.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:42:58 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 07:55:50 AM »
Very tempted by this one, very.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 01:21:40 PM »
Alright its force Friday in Japan so the new Bandai kits have been unveiled. First you have the 1/72 TFA resistance X-WING, 1/144 TFA Falcon, 1/12 first order stormtrooper, 1/12 R2-d2 and BB8, and1/72 first order TIE. I'm stoked about any form of the falcon but the two droids I'm interested as well. I'm at work now I'll catch up on the deats later.

Alright so I have some down time so I'll tell you what I know. In October '15 the 1/72 resistance x-wing is available along with the TFA Falcon. The x-wing comes with a pilot and BB8. The Falcon is TFA only which kinda sucks but I'll take what I can get. In November '15 the new order stormtrooper is available evidently the have shields, very McQuarrie-esq. Really cool looking figure. December '15 you get the R2-D2 and BB-8 two pack and the first order TIE. Then January you get the "Special Forces" TIE which I've never heard of and they won't show a picture yet. I believe its the TIE with the red accents, I could be wrong. As of now this is the only TFA stuff I have any interest in. Even if the movie sucks at least these models will look good.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:14:32 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 06:58:15 AM »
I just can't wait for that AT-AT. Good looking stuff though.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 07:51:27 AM »
It looks like effective Sept. 20th Bandai Star Wars will not be allowed to sell their products outside of Japan.  Apparently Disney is behind this decision, so they can push the crappy Revell kits manufactured by Chinese slaves. So I'm bummed. Probably eBay won't be effected but I'm not sure. I'm  interested to know how it'll effect Amazon. But HLJ announced no more star wars. So my suggestion is if you have any interest in these kits buy them now. Sadly that means the TFA kits will be banned in the U.S and Europe. The bright side is they didn't suspend their licencing, so where there's a will there's a way. But Disney does what Disney does best, being a money machine that doesn't care about the consumers.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:19:28 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 03:08:01 AM »
I heard that on FB the other day and had hoped it was a viscous rumor. Guess not! :'(

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2015, 04:01:59 AM »
  I sent an email to a 3rd party seller on Amazon asking whether he'll be effected, his response was no. They can't restrict 3rd party sellers, its hard to believe sometimes but this is a free market society. Bandai just can't sell directly to U.S markets. That means Big Bad Toy store and HobbyLink Japan cannot sell the kits. So it won't effect me much I always buy my kits on either Amazon or eBay. So no big deal I won't have to set up Bandai speakeasies anytime soon.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2015, 12:35:46 PM »
 Bandai will have the captain Phasma kit in February 2016. The only pics I've seen are the non colored prototype photos. I'd like to know whether its silver or chrome. It also has the articulated cape which I'm not a huge fan of, but it looks pretty cool. It could be a cheaper alternative to the scalpers price on the TBS Phasma.
      This month bb-8 and r2d2 are available as well as the first order 1/72  tie fighter. The tie is basically a repaint of the OT tie except for the cockpit interior and the pilot.  The r2 is the same as the previous one that came with r5. Bb-8 looks pretty cool. It comes with a clear plasic stand.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:49:28 PM by JDeck »

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2015, 07:30:32 AM »
The Bandai kits look great. The quality and detailing looks better compared to the Revell snap tite kits.
I might buy some of them on Amazon.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2015, 04:56:42 AM »
Pretty cool sets. Thinking about picking up a few of the OT ones. They so need to release an AT-AT Driver.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2015, 05:24:08 AM »
  Pretty much all the kits are great. The must haves I'd say is C-3PO, r2/r5, Stormtrooper and AT-ST. The Y-wing is awesome but not for beginners, I'd build a couple other vehicles first to get a feel for it.  Boba fett and Slave 1 are cool, but they have to be painted which kind of sucks. I don't mind painting the AT-ST or the other vehicles because they're all one color but the Slave I has a pretty complex paint scheme. Fett is the only figure that needs paint. He comes in colored pieces but all the weathering has to be applied.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 05:38:07 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2015, 06:02:12 AM »
Thanks for the info. I am gonna put in an order online for the atst, stormtrooper, boba, and slave one over the break. I am really liking your points so I can be sure to buy wisely. Thanks for sharing this.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2015, 06:27:51 PM »
   My suggestion for anyone looking to buy these, is to go on YouTube and find the bandai reviews on the Fwoosh channel. He really does a great job, he practically builds it in front of you. He only does the figures, the only vehicle he's done was the Speeder bike. I watch his reviews before I buy any Bandai figure. I really wanted to do reviews on all the kits, I just don't have time, between my customs and hockey season.  At any rate the Fwoosh does an awesome job.
             http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWM1NMXuxt8
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 06:59:36 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2015, 04:20:14 PM »
The new Bandai Captain phasma will be CHROME, not dingy grey, alright! It looks REALLY detailed just like the other kits but man its one great looking figure. New pictures on their website release date February 2016. Also they confirmed Kylo Ren will be available April 2016. Now that I've seen the movie I really would like to get these.
    Also in February shadow trooper. Just a repaint of the stormy. Nice detail. Its cool, but it concerns me they're going the Hasbro route, with the repaints. A TIE pilot would have been awesome. None the less if you want a black stormy this is the one to get.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 06:46:49 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2015, 05:31:23 AM »
Looks good to me.