Author Topic: Hello from Washington state  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Thorsdad

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Hello from Washington state
« on: January 26, 2015, 08:17:35 PM »
Hello all, just thought I would introduce myself.  My name is Mike and I have been a lurker here for a long time and finally recently joined.  I am 45 years old and have literally grown up with Star Wars and have recently started getting into "collecting" again because I have a 6yr old and a 2yr old that love Star Wars.  I also have a really neat Star Wars store nearby that I spend way too much time in.  The prices he has are just too good to pass up.  As a result, I have about a dozen Millenium Falcons in varying states of repair, 5 Imperial Troop Transports, 5 X-wings, 6 Jedi starfighters, 3 Slave Is, 3 snowspeeders, 1 complete B-wing, 1 complete Y-wing, and various other rigs for the paltry price of $5 each.  My projects have started to take over my man room!  I would really like to fix these all up and super-detail them, but I have to balance out what I want to do with them versus making them playable for a 6 and a 2 yr old.  I guess I get a little overboard buying stuff for my kids because I didn't have much when I was a kid.  I also really appreciate how everybody is supportive of the other members on this forum.  I have never read a negative comment on here which is really refreshing compared to some of the other forums I am a member of.  This is kind of like a little piece of paradise to come and visit and escape to.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hello from Washington state
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 03:36:07 AM »
Wow, I like that last sentence and I couldn't agree with you more. There is enough bad on the internet, sad to say even in our hobby, but this is supposed to be fun. That is, at least, the way I try to approach the hobby. Sounds like you have a great hobby store that I would go broke in.

Welcome to ISY!

Offline Thorsdad

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 05:29:58 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Tamer.  I've been working on a project lately for the kids.  I used 2 of the imp. troop transports that were missing the side passenger compartments and converted one of them into a support/power generator vehicle and the other one into a heavy artillery piece.  I figure I will use a third standard troop transport to supply the troopers and call this an artillery platoon.  Since I am technologically inept, I'll have to get my wife to figure out how to post some pics.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 03:43:37 AM »
I look forward to see how those troop transports turned out.