Author Topic: Car seats for Turbo Tank custom  (Read 4890 times)

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
Car seats for Turbo Tank custom
« on: August 22, 2019, 12:01:40 AM »
For my custom Turbo Tank/Juggernaut seen here: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10624 I would need a pair seats to put in front for tank drivers (maybe from some toy car, or die-cast car), but the thing is they cannot be deeper than 2.3 cm and not wider than 4 cm, and they need to fit Action Fleet figures. Looked everywhere here, but no luck :( If anyone could help I'd be grateful

They can be similar to any of the ones seen here, color not important as they will be repainted:

Thanks
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Car seats for Turbo Tank custom
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 02:08:31 AM »
That's actually a great way to modify your Turbo Tank! I would buy one used car from ebay in 1:50 scale, carefully remove 1-2 seats, make a mold of those two seats and cast two seats at a time with resin.

If you don't want to mold and cast seats, I would buy a bus with as many seats as possible (doubledecker) also used. As far as I know those action fleet figures are about 1/90 or 1/100 scale being about 2 cm tall.
The die-cast cars from SIKU for example are 1/50 scale and HotWheels are 1/64.

If you don't want to destroy the bus completely and still can mold & cast you could also make a miold of the entire row of seats of the bus! That way you could cast about 20 seats at a time.

I'm sure you'll find a cheap way to get all your needed seats! Here in Germany you can find tons of used toy cars online. How is the supply in Romania?

Hope this was helpful.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 02:30:22 AM »
Thanks, used die-cast cars is what I'm looking for here too. No luck yet, they had seats but didn't work for what I needed. Action Fleet ships scales are here: http://www.rebelscale.com/scale-lists/action-fleet/ But the most important thing for me is the seats to fit the Action Fleet figures, which are about 2.9 cm tall.
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 02:34:47 AM »
Wow, that's one useful link there! Thanks for the info. Well, if the figures are 2,9 cm tall, that makes them a 1/62 scale (180 body height as reference). This makes sense considering that Hasbro could make vehicles like the Flash Speeder perfectly in scale of 1:60.

Add:

Ah, I just saw the reference on Rebel Scale - they calculated a 1/63 scale for the action fleet figures. That's the scale of most toy cars (HotWheels, Matchbox etc.), but I'd still go for a 1/50 scale model (bus) here. Back in the days I had two buses from SIKU (German) and JOAL (Spanish), which each cost about 40€ new. ebay will be your source to go our a flea market.
You might find cheap seats as loose parts from Asian sellers.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 02:43:54 AM by Darth More »

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 02:45:49 AM »
The AF figures are all the same, but ships and vehicles are different scales, some closer that others. I'll have to look at our own flea market on Sundays to see what is going on there
My collection
Trade Feedback