Author Topic: Xizor's Virago: Custom Figures!  (Read 19781 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Xizor's Virago: Custom Figures!
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2009, 06:26:37 AM »
hey xv... have you thought about taking the virago apart and looking at it's insides?

I tell you what... wait untill I get back to my parents house and i'll dig out my virago and I'll take it apart and see if I can suggest a way to inventively put in LED lights...

I am thinking (from what I remember of the toy) of a way to do it... but I'm not sure about it...

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2009, 05:24:05 AM »
Great work here Xizor, that ship of your is looking good. I love the custom weapons you posted Very cool ideas there.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2009, 10:52:45 AM »
Love the Imperial Knights.
They look really badaxx.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2009, 03:35:03 PM »

nice work on the Virago.  It's so unique in design, I like that it's not forgotten about (I'm a SOTE fanatic still after all these years).     In fact, in my new thread I'm gonna go post my Snoova custom now.

awesome work on the Imperial Knights I too LOVE that design and I like seeing additional one.  these head swaps are really effective,  especially the Karrde head, he makes one BADASS looking IK.  And as I've been wondering what to do with the one I have, I think I'm gonna rip that idea off.  Do you have plans to make a few additional female ones to back up Sigel Dare? 

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2009, 01:27:02 AM »
- Wraithnine: I agree, especially the reversible customs, haha!
- Clonehead, Kurgan and Sprywalker: Thanks!
- Spudd: Sounds good, let me know if you think of a way, I would LOVE to wire this bad boy up with some proper engines. I would also like to be able to change the batteries without having to disassemble the whole thing every time though, so keep that in mind... maybe a cutout battery door with mini-screws or something?
- NFC: glad you saw my thread, I just got on (been busy lately) and saw your Snoova, and was like "sweet, someone else who likes SotE!" Did you see my Guri figure? I felt that would be a better figure to include with the new-ish comic two-pack Xizor (instead of 80's aerobics outfit leia)... definitely a great pack for SotE fans by the way, the Xizor is totally the one we've been needing for so long! You may need to trim off a bit from the bottom of his shirt...thing... but you'll never see the difference, aside from having him stand properly, haha!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2009, 05:43:54 AM »
question for you xv, does that xixor have knee and ankle joints or is he POTFified?

and... if you don't see my pm before this I was thinking about making the cockpit that slides forward a batery compartment... since it'd be more of a display model anyway instead of a toy I figure I'd use what's already there...

• Captain
Re: Xizor's Virago: Custom FIgures!
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2009, 05:52:04 AM »
Okay, here's another round of some customizations I've done... This time, I bring you Vader's Bounty Hunters! 
I LOVE the ESB bounty hunters, I'm  totally weak for them and all customs of them

dude, that's some AWESOME detailing I never thought to do but it adds a lot

I really never noticed the total lack of detailing on the figure's head before now but that extra paint adds like 10 times the depth

• Captain
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2009, 05:55:05 AM »
Okay, I've finally taken pictures of this custom... it's taken me a couple weeks (longer than I've ever bothered with one figure, haha), and here it is, my custom Guri figure! She's a repaint of the comic two-pack Leia (who came with Xizor), and would have totally been a better figure to pack in with Xizor, being his personal assistant assassin.  I've sculpted the boot rims out of a sniper rifle strap, and made her skirt with cotton, hemmed around the edge, using a necklace clasp to hold it on. Let me know what you think, I'd love some input on this figure!
best Guri ever

I truly thought that ridiculous Leia was beyond redemption, blessed with being totally useless but you proved it wrong.  LOL

why the hell couldn't Hasbro have just done that in the first place? 

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2009, 08:28:31 AM »
hasbro's thinking probably went somethign like this:

let's do a SOTE comic pack
who should we put in it?
Xixor for sure!
What about guri?
no, noone will rememeber or know who that is,
Ooo... what about the scene in the story where xixor seduces leia into being his slave?!
YEAH! everyone loves a good seduction!
People will buy up a new sexy version of leia for sure!
ok, so leia and xixor it is....

post production:
hmmm... that leia looks rediculous
yeah, not sexy at all...
well... maybe the fans won't notice!

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2009, 08:39:41 AM »
I just picked up the Titanium version of the Virago

glad I did    :)

always goood to find another SW fan who still has love for the 13 year old Shadows Of The Empire storyline

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2009, 08:42:32 AM »
Okay, time for some custom guns I've made! I was sick of having piles of locker-pack-in guns lying around and nowhere near enough clones to use them (since every new clone had a whole locker!), so I decided to make some better guns out of them. I'll try to explain what they're made from, but ask if you have any other questions. DB=Droid Blaster, EG=EMP Grenade launcher thing, P=DC-15S Pistol, R=DC-15A Rifle.

those are all incredible looking!  I love every one of them.

can you send them to Spudafett so he can cast them up someday so all of our troopers can have some wicked armament like that?   ;D

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2009, 01:53:49 PM »
lol or clint, or doc, anyone of us could try.  Weopons are proving to be very dificult to cast...  clint did a fine job with the clone rifles the other day... he used a method that puts alot of work into it but is worth it in the end.

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2009, 09:05:32 PM »
- Spudd: As for Xizor's knees, yes and no. He actually has ball jointed knees and ankles, but his robe is plastic, so it kinda defeats the point... But, if you customized him a bit and made that cloth, he'd be good to go (since I know you have no problem customizing, haha). Here's what he looks like... http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/ComicPacks/08LeiaXizor/TLC-431.jpg
As for Hasbros line of thought, hilarious! I can totally see that happening. Oh, good idea about the cockpit on Virago, by the way... won't be doing that to mine probably (I like it being able to hold a figure), but let me know how it works out, it sounds pretty much perfect!

- NFC: glad you like them, the bounty hunters are some of my faves... I've almost got all 6 in full articulated goodness, just waiting on that sweet new Zuckuss figure! (also agree about Hasbro's choice of giving us leia, lol). As for those guns, they're just frankenguns of the stupid clone gun locker guns they give us with figures, pretty easy to slap together if you've got an exacto knife, paint and some super glue (all I used).

• Captain
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2009, 10:59:48 PM »

- NFC: glad you like them, the bounty hunters are some of my faves... I've almost got all 6 in full articulated goodness, just waiting on that sweet new Zuckuss figure!
when IS the ETA for Zuckuss and the rest of the ESB wave?

As for those guns, they're just frankenguns of the stupid clone gun locker guns they give us with figures, pretty easy to slap together if you've got an exacto knife, paint and some super glue (all I used).
I'm going to have to either rip off a couple of them myself or at least try to approximate some, if you don't mind.   :)  Seriously, some of those are wicked bad ass!

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »
I have no idea when Zuckuss is supposed to be coming out... I only ever saw a picture of him on somebody's flickr page where they went to hasbro's preview show thingie and he had a release date of 10/4 if I recall, but clearly he's not out yet (or we'd probably see some on Ebay or reviewed online, i think...). Hopefully he'll come out soon, same with the two-leg-set Slave Leia, I can't wait for that one! ;)

As for the guns, go ahead! Imitation is the highest form of flattery after all, so long as you don't go telling people you came up with them, haha!  The trick is just to chop and glue, then give a layer of flat black to hide the super glue white color, and really glob the black in at joints that weren't perfect, it hides them nicely. Then just give a silver dry brushing or little silver "paint chip" dots on some of the raised points that would likely get scratched to make them seem like they're metal instead of plastic. Good luck!