Author Topic: Xizor's Virago: Custom Figures!  (Read 19679 times)

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
Re: Xizor's Virago: Custom FIgures!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 10:50:01 PM »
Great job!
Big thumbs up!
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Xizor's Virago: Custom Figures!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 03:13:13 AM »
Nice bounty hunters, Ryan. I really like the eyes on 4lom.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 05:01:03 AM »
Nice set of customizations to those figures!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 08:19:13 AM »
Wow, and here *I* am dismantling my lancers for parts!  ;D  They look great!  What caught my eye - the graining on the wood stocks!  That is IMPRESSIVE!  How'd you do that??

Offline Frie-leK SlavE

• Cadet
  • Property of Spudafett
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 11:52:36 AM »
holy donky balls...  those are awesome.  That wood grain on Bossk's stock is fabulous!  consider that stolen!  no longer will my stocks be one solid color of brown....

the ig-88 is awesome as well.  I've been meaning to do an updated version of all of these figures.  My plan has always been to give them super articulation and more details as well as E.U. details not seen in the movies... I'm not a movie accurate stickler like you though, maybe I should be..... 

again I'm inspired! 

btw, wich version of bossk did you use?  the votc one is the more articulated version correct?  I've been trying to track down one of those for ages....

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 02:27:02 PM »
holy donky balls...  those are awesome.  That wood grain on Bossk's stock is fabulous!  consider that stolen!  no longer will my stocks be one solid color of brown....

the ig-88 is awesome as well.  I've been meaning to do an updated version of all of these figures.  My plan has always been to give them super articulation and more details as well as E.U. details not seen in the movies... I'm not a movie accurate stickler like you though, maybe I should be..... 

again I'm inspired! 

btw, wich version of bossk did you use?  the votc one is the more articulated version correct?  I've been trying to track down one of those for ages....

HAHA I said that signed in as dawn... I dont think she would ever use the term "donky balls"....   ::)

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 04:44:29 PM »
Kurgan, USD (dan?) and Clonehead (clint?): Thanks! (the eyes were done with a base coat of gold-ish and a toothpick for the black)

Doc: Glad you like my wood grain, it was just a dark brown base color, with a light/reddish color that i painted in semi-circles with a weee tiny brush, then I kind of dry brushed in a straight barrel-to-stock direction so it wouldn't look so unnatural. As for your IGs, you should make 4 of them into IG-88 A-D, much better than parting them out!

Spud: good job speaking for dawn, lol. I'm generally only movie-accurate when I think it actually looks better, and adding EU stuff is always great! And yes, that was the VOTC Bossk, definitely worth tracking down... no pre-posed crap, full articulation, great detail and even the little red collar-doohickey is sculpted separately! If you like Bossk, he's totally worth it. So what are some EU details you'd add into them? I'm always looking for interesting stuff to give a little more detail, so throw me some ideas!

Everyone else, feel free to tell me what you think could be improved or whatever, I'm always open to a little constructive criticism!

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 05:22:26 PM »
I think they are just great the way they are. Not sure how you could improve them.
And the new Zuckuss would make a great addition to anyones bounty hunter collection.
I cant wait for that one either.
Really excellent work on them all.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 08:17:29 PM »
Mainly what I was thinking about doing with my bounty hunter collection was getting each of their ships in the 3" titanium line and displaying them with their scale model ship as well.  I think that it'd make a cool display. 

the only real eu stuff I've thought about has been for boba.  Stuff like his lightsabre, the "box" with the sorcerer's head in it, and other stuff taken from comic book references.

I havn't honestly researched the other bounty hunters enough to think of anything at the moment.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 07:56:45 AM »
Wow, I love these bounty hunters, especially those with the custom weapons.

I like your idea Spud about doing the titanium ships with each bounty hunter too. Do we have all thier ships yet? I know we have most of em.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 04:41:12 PM »
i know they've got boba's, jango's, ig-88s , and zuckass's was just released, cad bane's was released...  the hound's tooth is bossk's... what's left?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 06:52:13 PM »
Lets see, did we get to Dengar yet? 4-LOM?

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 07:00:04 PM »
I dont think I have ever seen a release of a Punishing One ship anywhere but in books or comics.
But I havent collected the mini ships at all. But I do look at them each time I go shopping, and I have never seen one.

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 07:57:09 PM »
Hmm, I guess you're just talking about all bounty hunters in general, not Vader's group... Don't think it would work too well with Vader's... Boba and Slave I, Bossk and Hound's tooth, IG-88 and IG-2000, 4-LOM and Zuckuss with Mist Hunter, but Dengar's ship isn't out or in the works as far as I know. Would look cool if they had all of them out, and if 4-LOM and Zuckuss had their own ships, but I don't think they really did. I do like the idea of displaying characters with their ships in titanuim, though... hopefully I don't get inspired enough to dive into the realm of titanium, I've thus far managed to avoid them. Money I shouldn't be spending!    :-X
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:59:50 PM by XizorsVirago »

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2009, 08:25:49 PM »
But they all worked for Vader in the comics at one time or another if I remember correctly.
Some kind of search for a box and a race with teams, and all over a bet if I remember right.