Author Topic: Greeting from North Alabama  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Kobra883

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Greeting from North Alabama
« on: January 10, 2015, 02:29:45 AM »
Hello all
I have finally made my way here from the Facebook Group wich I have so enjoyed keeping up with the builds.I have not spent much time making dioramas.infact I took a break from it so I could put together an outfit for the 501st.Once I get done I will get back to dioramas.Over the holiday I have gotten into the 6 inch figures.I have a Tie Pilot,Reg Boba Fett and Protofett.Now I am hooked on them.I look forward to learning even more and sharring my projects not to mention ask a ton of questions.
Take care and I hope everyone has a Blessed year.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Greeting from North Alabama
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 07:21:46 AM »
Kobra I put together a 501st costume myself and I know how involved that is. I would love to see your build of your costume so far.

Welcome to ISY!

Offline Kobra883

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 06:18:41 PM »
I am starting out "small" if you will.I am starting out as an Imperial Crewman:Scanning Crew.I know its known as a simple oufit to put together but there is pieces to make and work to do.I enjoyed over the past 4 months.While wait on items to be shipped to me I put together a scanning gun and a droid caller.The gun isnt quite to the same size as the one in ANH.I made based off of the action figure.

Those pieces are made from cardboard tubes and paper.I wanted to mock them up until I can make them out of a more durable material.
I had to have a commpad and at the time I didnt find a vendor who sells screen accurate compads so I made my own.I do plan on changing this one out sometime.

Before starting that project i would make diorama to display star wars figures and vehicle I saved from thift stores or pick up online for a very cheap price.I come up with a theme based on a EU book I read or a "that would be cool to see" idea.Here is two,I wont blow up this thread with pictures...lol

I always try to keep a very low budget on my dioramas reusing stuff I have around the house.They arent to the scale of most here but doing them helps me make through lives challenges.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 05:51:34 AM »
Cool deal! That Scanning Gun looks great. Love that dio base you have with the imperial emblem shining through! Once again welcome to ISY.