Author Topic: OC47150's creations  (Read 28529 times)

Offline OC47150

• Lieutenant
OC47150's creations
« on: December 31, 2014, 02:08:35 PM »
I'll end the year with a couple of posts of custom figures. It's been something I've wanted to do for some time.

This is my version of the Mythos Obi-Wan Kenobi figure. Based it off some of the first pix that were revealed.

The second is a Luke Skywalker figure based on Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

Offline OC47150

• Lieutenant
Re: OC47150's creations
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 02:15:09 PM »
Here's a couple of more.

This is a custom Gran I made for a diorama for my SW club's diorama contest. I modeled him after an Old West snake oil salesman, in particular the guy in The Outlaw Josey Wales. If you've seen the movie, you know who I'm talking about. He's a simple repaint but in bright colors.

And the Gran in action.

A Republic Commando in black armor. Used one of the Scorch bodies and added a generic clone head

Offline OC47150

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 02:19:33 PM »
And last for today are a generic mercenary and a couple of generic Clone Wars Jedi.

The merc's torso is the removable armor Jango Fett, the Hoth Rebel soldier head, and the legs are the cantina Brainiac figure.

Had a couple of extra CW figure bodies and just swapped heads. The clone Jedi is a little bit of a repaint.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 12:20:23 PM »
Nice update. I love the Outlaw Josie Wales. I can remember him spitting on that dude and then pushing him into the manure when recognizes Josie in town. Great movie, great custom. Off to share on the front page.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 06:14:04 PM »
I like the Gran too.

Nice kitbashing on Luke too.
Splinter of the Mind's Eye?!?. 
Wow, the first EU book.  I didnt think anyone remembered that.  Alan Dean Foster wrote that between episodes 4 & 5.  Canon quickly rendered a decent novel obsolete.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 04:40:51 AM »
Great looking figures.

Ron

Offline OC47150

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 06:59:35 AM »
What a way to start off the new year! On the front page! Thanks, Tamer.

I'm old enough to remember when Splinter of the Mind's Eye first came out, Sjefke. I used the comic adaptations for visual inspiration. It's a storyline I've always enjoyed.

Offline OC47150

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 06:17:12 PM »
A few more for the weekend.

An Ithorian senator. Used Hammerhead's head, hands and feet on a ROTS Mon Cal senator.

A generic Jabba's guard is next. I created him for another contest.

Offline OC47150

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 06:27:41 PM »
My SW club, the Kentucky Star Wars Collectors Club, has had a table at the Lexington (KY) Comic and Toy Show for the last few years, and I try to create a unique custom for the show. This one was from two years ago.  It's a repaint of the AOTC  Colman Trebor figure.

Annikin Starkiller from The Star Wars. Used the ceremonial Luke body and a Hobbit Legalos head.

A blind Jedi. I was lucky enough to find the GI Joe Retaliation blind master figure. I mixed the Mace Windu and the Eeth Koth body to create a different Jedi body.

Offline OC47150

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 06:35:43 PM »
This is my version of an Episode 7 Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker. I used one of the TPM vintage Obi-Wan body's and a Luke head from one of the comic two-packs and aged him.

These last pix are some of my favorites. I'd been wanting to create these customs for a while but thought simply painting them wouldn't do. So this summer I came across the Men in Black 3 figures at Tuesday Morning, and the rest is history. I took first place in my club's customs contest with the group. The weapons are from various GI Joe figures.

I call them the New Jedi Order.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 09:02:23 PM »
Nice job on these customs. The MIB homage is pretty great. I really liked that you went back to Splinter of the Mind's Eye for a version of Luke. I would have loved to see Kenner (or Hasbro in the EU) do a couple of figures from that story - especially Hin and Kee.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 06:53:59 AM »
Really cool customs and characters. Like the outlaw Josie wales reference.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 08:28:16 AM »
I like the MIB characters too. It reminds me of a SW Pulp Fiction. Or SW Wise Guys! Off to share.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 10:58:40 AM »
These last pix are some of my favorites. I'd been wanting to create these customs for a while but thought simply painting them wouldn't do. So this summer I came across the Men in Black 3 figures at Tuesday Morning, and the rest is history. I took first place in my club's customs contest with the group. The weapons are from various GI Joe figures.

Congrats on the win.  I like them too.  I also picked up a couple of MIBs at TM in case I ever found a head that looked like Phil Coulson of SHIELD.  The Ithorian is great too.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:02:06 AM by Sjefke »

Offline OC47150

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 04:29:26 PM »
My club has two events, a comic/toy show and a display at the local library, for the next two weekends. I created a couple of new customs for the shows.

Remember in the old Marvel SW comics Luke ran around most of the time in his farmboy outfit? A buddy and I joked that he probably didn't have time to shop for new duds. I created this one based on an old Marvel pix I saw. Sorry about the quality of the pix. I might repost a better one later.

I used the ceremonial Luke body, swapped the head to be more ANH-ish, and painted the jacket.

This next one is a Bail Organa before ANH. Used the Bespin guard body, the Biggs cape and a standard Bail head. I dry-brushed white paint around the temples and goatee just to age him a bit.

The final is an Angry Birds send-up. I took the Emperor Pig and placed it on an Emperor's body and repainted it black. Been wanting to do that one for a while.

I will post a few more in the coming weeks.