Author Topic: Star Wars Toyscapes: The Netherworld (Episode Seven - Conclusion!)  (Read 5712 times)

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
    • Star Wars Toyscapes (Facebook)
Some photos are not up to my usual quality. They stem from a much earlier time in my development as a photographer, and certain gaffs were unfortunately made; the sets and figures had been put back into storage before I noticed the problems with several photos. Thanks for your understanding.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 07:48:45 PM by John Caliber »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Star Wars Toyscapes: The Netherworld (Episode Seven - Conclusion!)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 06:31:55 AM »
Great chapter John. I like the resolution. I always like stories with happy endings. Thank you for sharing The Netherworld with us. Off to share.

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 08:25:33 AM »
Me too, with regards to upbeat endings; life needs a lot more of them :)

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 01:01:46 PM »
I like it! I'd love to see a continuation of this series, with Annie and Wicket off on intergalactic adventures and White Knight Vader out fighting the good fight.

Also, where did you find that Infinities Vader? I am insanely jealous! Great chapter and series all around.
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 07:38:40 PM »
Thank you very much - creative feedback makes my labours feel more worthwhile. I bought the white Vader on ebay, sold loose and originally part of a two-pack with Infinities Princess Leia (Jedi). It cost approx 9 Dollars.

The White Redeemer seems likely to return at some future point, not being bound by time or space. Ani and Wicket teaming up? Very intriguing :-)

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 08:03:14 AM »
Excellent conclusion! The White Redeemer is an excellent character and truly a great take on what happened to Vader following his death. Great job on him, I'm completely intrigued!!! 

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 09:50:39 AM »
Thank you. The White Redeemer is a composite of the self-image Anakin has of the time in his life when he was most effective at (albeit destructively) shaping the galaxy (Darth Vader), and because he's now a troubleshooter, his white negative manifested. He can mainly only exist within a disturbance in the Force, so by the time the Millennium Falcon was landing at Mos Eisley, the Redeemer would have phased into the Netherworld.

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 04:03:11 AM »
SWT UPDATES - 17th January 2015
I have a one-episode Han Solo photostory entitled What Have You Done to My Ship? due in February. Then, a few weeks later begins The Cold Face, a multi-episode saga story set fifteen years after Return of the Jedi concerning the state of the ongoing Civil War between the Empire and the Rebellion/Republic from the bad guys' perspective. Looking forward to these new SWT projects and hope you all continue to enjoy them. Thanks for the enthusiasm and feedback which motivates me keep dreaming.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 03:05:55 AM »
I fell behind on this series after Episode Four but today I decided to sit down and marathon through the whole lot, starting with Episode One again.

What can I say? This was a very enjoyable read, full of inspired choices (the tomb of past Sith Lords, Palpatine's explanation for the nexus, etc) and genuinely funny moments - you absolutely nailed Han Solo, who is the trickiest of the Big Three for writers to get right I think. The events at the Polares brought to mind the Mortis arc from TCW, as well as the Yoda episodes from Season 6, and exploring the way the Living and Cosmic Forces reacted and changed to the events of ROTJ led to some great storytelling opportunities.

Overall, I feel that the 'tone' of Star Wars was present throughout the whole story, it had the right balance of everything. We start with bounty hunters and homesteads before moving to a tale of mythological proportions, the nature of Good vs Evil...whilst still finding time for smuggler's quips and Ewoks. Excellent work, John, and I look forward to your next tale.

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 10:42:56 AM »
Thank you very much  :D Yours was a most useful critique. Oddly, Han's not a favourite character of mine, but he grounded this story when it risked taking off into surrealism and now he's become a more prominent mmember of my plans for 2015 SWT stories. Han is well defined by Harrison Ford whereas Luke and Leia are more generic. I tried to retain some of their ANH sass and not lose them in Force theology entirely whereupon they'd become one-dimensional plot cyphers.

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 05:33:59 AM »
SWT UPDATES - 18 FEBRUARY 2015
The next story is now called Aversion Corridor and is spy thriller starring Lando Calrissian across a number of planets ruined by the Galactic Civil War. This story begins production towards the end of February.

In the meantime, I'm designing lots of props - walls, decks, elevators, ceilings, doors, bridges, conference rooms, detention blocks and control stations etc - for Imperial fortifications appearing in The Cold Face which is slated to begin in May.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:00:40 AM by John Caliber »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 08:17:28 AM »
Sounds like a fun time! Looking forward to your new stories.

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 09:48:17 AM »
The time has flown incredibly fast. I started creating these stories in October 2013 and now it's February 2015 and I've 'only' completed three stories, although I have reworked all three which is nearly as laborious as creating two brand new stories. This year, I want to finish four stories and then see what inspiration may come from The Force Awakens.

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 01:44:55 AM »
Started work on the next SWT photostory a couple of weeks ago but was beset by the second bad cold virus of the year and other distractions; hope to get some work done this week, although another short stalling will likely occur over Easter when a relative comes to stay and will occupy the room I use to set up the photography studio.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 03:38:59 AM »
Ah yes even the best laid plans get interrupted sometimes. Looking forward to seeing your new chapters.