Author Topic: Star Wars Toyscapes: The Netherworld (Episode Four)  (Read 1388 times)

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
    • Star Wars Toyscapes (Facebook)
Star Wars Toyscapes: The Netherworld (Episode Four)
« on: December 16, 2014, 12:14:45 AM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Star Wars Toyscapes: The Netherworld (Episode Four)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 03:41:54 AM »
Loved the action in this chapter. Looks like Luke better watch out. Off to share.

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 05:08:25 AM »
Thanks again! This episode is a bit shorter than the others but makes up for it by being violent and creepy.

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 05:52:32 PM »
I love that you included Mother Talzin in the Sith lineup!
Also, I see you, Episode VII JunkSaber...
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 07:52:56 PM »
Thank you. On my Facebook group I described the events on the Polares worlds as the Force's fevered dream while it roils in turmoil and spasms, destroying planets and star systems, and that's even before it awakens in 30 years' time. It is unregulated and wild. Its operating a dream logic where space and time have no meaning, and the Light/Dark Sides are sometimes merging and inverting.

I do want to make some stories set between Episodes 3 and 4, but want to get some post-Ep6 material finished beforehand. Also have Clone Wars plots waiting for a production slot.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:00:52 PM by John Caliber »

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 04:42:10 PM »
NICE!
Yeah, the Mother Talzin bits from Clone Wars was some of my favorite stuff. Just a Force witch, totally, utterly beyond anything we've ever seen possible through the Force.
Heck, given that she doesn't seem to have a corporeal form and that her death was merely an inconvenience for her in the series (because she sure did get better from it quickly enough!) I actually have found myself wondering if the Force Ghost technique that Qui-Gon Jinn had mastered was something of a Dark Side practice. After all, he was a Grey Jedi, and large parts of his life are wrapped in mystery.

I love the idea of a world where the Force is in such fevered turmoil that the past, present and future are all mixed up. It's like what Yoda told Luke about his visions. Kind of reminds me also of the Brother and the Sister from Clone Wars, living in a world that was changed wildly from day to night by the Living Force.

Can't wait to read the next installment; you're really pumping these out quickly and you're keeping the quality levels among the highest I've seen on this Site!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 12:18:09 AM »
Thanks again. The photos are all finished and the lettering is in progress. I might rush through a ton in a day then take a few days off to avoid burn-out or I start seeing action figures running around in my sleep ;)