Author Topic: custom boba fett.  (Read 1320 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
custom boba fett.
« on: December 11, 2014, 03:08:33 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm not much of a figure guy I mostly dabble in vehicles, but I wonder if I can get some advice on my boba fett project. I've been trying to find some good tutorials online but I'm not getting much. I want to build a fett that can be mounted on a creature or speeder things of that nature. I ordered a "Dagobah training Luke" to use his swivel ball hips plus his thighs match fett's With some modifying. It should fit the swivel waist. Im not sure what is involved in creating custom figures. If anyone can direct me to a good website or instructional video that would be great. I know the basics just the fine tuning I'm a novice on.

P.S. Im using a combination ESB vintage collection and ROTJ saga series Fetts. I want to use the forearms, poncho and jetpack from the ESB on the saga Fett. I'd like to go balls out but I think just the Ball swivel hips a few accessories and paint will be enough.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:12:50 PM by JDeck »

Offline TomO

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: custom boba fett.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 04:46:03 PM »
Boil and pop is one of the best methods to take apart Star Wars  figures. Put a cup of water in a microwave for @ 2 min, drop the fig in for @ 30 sec to soften the fig take him out and pull him apart. Be careful the fig is hot!! If the part still dosn't come a part easily put him back in the water to heat it up more.
Posting in old threads makes me happy!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 04:51:38 PM »
Boil and pop is one of the best methods to take apart Star Wars  figures. Put a cup of water in a microwave for @ 2 min, drop the fig in for @ 30 sec to soften the fig take him out and pull him apart. Be careful the fig is hot!! If the part still dosn't come a part easily put him back in the water to heat it up more.
Thanks TOMO and welcome to the yards. Yeah boil and pop works pretty good. I also bought a heat gun the other day for bending styrene I think it will work on figures too. I'm just wondering if the dagobah Luke hips will fit on boba I haven't gotten it yet so I can't try it. I've looked at GI JOES but I can't find one I really like and want to use on him. I guess I'll use trial and error my dagobah Luke should come in tomorrow so I'll post the results.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:11:13 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 03:55:32 AM »
If you look through the custom postings here there are a ton of great artists who have documented and showcased builds like you want. I would do a search for the forum threads.

I can remember Dark Lord with a thread titled building a better Boba Fett from a few years ago.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 04:46:43 AM »
Thank you Tamer. I saw that building a better boba fett, that is freggin amazing but it gives me a few ideas. As did a few other custom fetts across the boards.
 I think I know enough to get started. I just wanted to prepare myself for this build and have a plan intact. I tend to over complicate things and make things harder than they are. I have a plan ready when my parts come in. Until then I'll look around some more in the figure section.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:36:54 PM by JDeck »