Imperial Community > Imperial Break Room

mein greebles!!

(1/3) > >>

JDeck:
      I figured I would start my own greeble thread I don't want to take over Spectre's feed. I've been collecting greebles for a couple years since I started my ww2/star wars mashups. Recently I felt the need to organize them to make it easier to find the parts I want for different builds. All my loose stuff is divided by size, quality and uniqueness. The rest are still on sprues I'm debating whether to remove them but I think its easier to find things attached but if I separate them it would take up less space.

I've been buying incomplete kits and bulk lots online.  So far I've been getting 1/24, 1/25 car parts, 1/32, 1/35, 1/48  aircraft and tanks and 1/72 tanks. I've been looking at prices on 1/100 tanks (ILM used them a lot) and 1/700 battleships. I found 1/100 tank prices are over inflated on Ebay due to their gaming value. Modelers always have extra parts to get rid of some people will just give them away. 

Sorting through all these I've found some pretty cool stuff. The 1/72 kits are cool the tank wheels make good cooling fans. The german truck grills make really cool vents. The 1/25 superchargers I use for power generators. Just a lot of boxes, brackets and tubes things of that nature. I'm starting to do some scratch built ships and fighters so most of this stuff will help.
          If you would like to show your collection or add comments and advice please do.

Tamer:
Wow, now that is a lot of greebles!

JDeck:
I got some more greebles today. I was able to purchase a 1/48 AH-64 Apache for 1/3 the MSRP. The kit has tons of cool parts, the rotor assembly stands out the most very cool lots of details.  The apache itself is very star wars looking so it will be real simple to convert it. I usually don't buy complete kits especially aircraft kits for greebles but it was a good deal and I need to diversify my greeble collection something besides tank and automobile parts. I know I'll use most of the parts I may use the cockpit and shell for a rebel hover tank.

JDeck:
   Believe it or not I was starting to run low on greebles.  I bought a Tamiya 1/35 88mm gun FLaK 36/37 from amazon. If your new to kitbashing or scratch building this is the kit to get. I bought the Afrika Korps version 3 years ago, I've used at least one part from the kit on all my star wars scratch building projects. Matter of fact I used the barrel for the 1/18 moisture vaporator I built when I first joined the 'yards. The kit has at least 200 parts, ranging from fairly big to very tiny. This kits a bit different from the afrika version, it comes with the carriage, which is cool, a lot of neat parts.  i know ill use a lot of these parts on my Rebel AT-TE project.

Tamer:
http://amzn.to/1SWiCNI

And to the front page as well. Thanks for the info!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version