Author Topic: JDeck's dioramas and displays.  (Read 135173 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck's dios & figures.
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2015, 08:00:05 PM »
Well you have no worries with the details mate and this is going to look amazing when it's complete.

Ron
My objective is to have one of those dios that you can see it 100 times and not catch every detail. So I'm planning to put as much detail as possible. The upper level floors will have the same surface dot tread as the movie. its great that dollhouse stuff comes in 1/12 for all the pots and junk lying around. But the thing that will make or break it is the lighting. The whole dio will provide its own light. I'm trying to come up with an order list for LEDs, all the sizes and colors. Its a fun project, I'd rather do one big one than a bunch of small ones. Just a slow pace hurry up and wait for parts. Natural environment dios I can build in a couple days, this is slower than I'm used to, but its fun to take time and come up with props and so forth. That Oola took some time especially when I need to rebuild the head, I'm not sure what I was thinking, I had a bunch of stuff going on last week should have waited. Its not terrible just not to my liking, but Its all good though second times the charm.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 11:30:37 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #181 on: July 19, 2015, 05:58:27 AM »
Wow, Oala turned out great. Taking this update to the front pages.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #182 on: July 19, 2015, 08:29:11 AM »
I have no other words but ,  Just amazing !

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2015, 10:56:06 AM »
Wow, Oala turned out great. Taking this update to the front pages.

Appreciate it Tamer. I'm still rebuilding Oola's head. Her body I'm happy with, including the outfi. Its not screen accurate but the thinned glue helped. Like I said I referenced Special Edition Oola as a opposed to real original version. They re-shot the Max Rebo scene with the original actress. To me there are some big differences between the two Oolas, so I'm going with theatrical solely. Tomorrow Christmas is coming early, my "jawa robe" will be here. I just hope it works.
I have no other words but ,  Just amazing !
Thank you Mr.Jedi, its progressing slowly. I just hope my vision comes remotely close to reality.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 01:50:23 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #184 on: July 20, 2015, 04:38:21 PM »
I got my package from my brother for the Bandai C3PO. the 6" Bossk I needed I think he'll look nice in Jabba's dio. He also added some vintage star wars figures with one stipulation, that I either restore them or customize them. Looks like ROTJ Luke, ANH Luke, tusken raider, skiff guard Lando, death star droid and a factory sealed salacious crumb. Other than crumb they're a little crispy and missing parts, but I think I'll restore them. They're just too cool to customize. With the crumb I may need to get a Jabba and throne and make a vintage 3.75 dio. I'm satisfied with the deal the Bossk exceeded my expectations.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 05:21:47 PM by JDeck »

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2015, 04:44:17 AM »
Great progress! If these are baby steps, I foresee marathons in the near future. Awesome stuff!
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2015, 11:48:47 AM »
I do like the six inch Bossk myself too. One of my favorite six inch figures.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #187 on: July 21, 2015, 01:06:20 PM »
Great progress! If these are baby steps, I foresee marathons in the near future. Awesome stuff!
Thank you custom jedi. I started on the floors and soon the walls once they are assembled it'll be pretty dramatic.
I do like the six inch Bossk myself too. One of my favorite six inch figures.
I just realized his jaw opens and closes! That's awesome! I have to agree Bossk is one of the best. Id say my favorite, at least of what i own is x-wing Luke. My first 6" figure, very nice sculpt. I hear Darth maul is good but I'm not sinking that much lettuce to get him.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:35:29 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
6" Jabba's Throne room: 6" Jawa, Utinni!! PT.3
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2015, 06:53:29 PM »
  I got my Jawa Robe yesterday so I've been altering the scratch figure and the robe to make it acceptable. I'm not quite finished but this is the gist of it. I may build him a bandolier of some type and fix the way the robe fits. Personally I'm very happy with the way it is turning out, and I'm my own biggest critic.

The last picture features him with a crude bandolier I made from a stormtrooper belt. I may alter it more to suit my liking.
I might build a few more of these guys. Only cost about $13.  Just waiting for that robe is the hard part.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:50:46 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2015, 10:46:19 PM »
The Jawa looks great where did you get the robe from?

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2015, 05:32:31 AM »
The Jawa looks great where did you get the robe from?

Ron
The robe is the 6" Obi Wan robe from a seller on eBay. Rickhor408 he makes fantastic soft goods, and I believe he's the only one that makes these. It ships from Malaysia and takes forever, but worth the wait. I took that robe cut the sleeves and the bottom. I didn't touch the hood, I just folded and stretched it to get the shape I wanted.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:15:42 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2015, 06:37:25 AM »
That looks great! Off to share. Man, love the eyes on this too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2015, 09:47:51 AM »
That looks great! Off to share. Man, love the eyes on this too.
Thanks a bunch Tamer. I love him. The eyes are a little bright, in person and a little hard to photograph, but as the battery wears it'll be perfect. The robe supplier ran out of the red/brown robes but I bought a few of the darker brown. I think it'll be just as cool. I may make a sandcrawler scene in the future.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:31:08 AM by JDeck »

Offline larifari

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2015, 10:36:48 AM »
COOOL!!  0/

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2015, 06:55:20 PM »
COOOL!!  0/