Author Topic: JDeck's dioramas and displays.  (Read 135192 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: JDeck's dios & figures.
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2015, 06:29:15 AM »
Nice work on the trooper dio too. I can imagine you must have a wonderful diorama display set up now. I can't wait to see what you do with Jabba's Palace. Off to share again.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2015, 12:42:37 PM »
  Thanks again Tamer! Yeah I have enough Kashyyyk building materials left to do another, but I might instead do an Enor scene. I'm really running out of places to put these. At the rate I'm going youll see me on hoarders or something. If I sell them I probably won't get my money back. I might give some away. That's why I'll take my time do this Jabba dio right, have fun with it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 02:03:28 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2015, 02:46:19 PM »
The trooper and base look fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing the Jabba dio.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2015, 03:48:46 PM »
The trooper and base look fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing the Jabba dio.

Ron
    Thank you, Ron. I'll have to say your work has been inspirational especially on this trooper dio.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 03:59:03 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2015, 06:49:12 AM »
You start clearing out any of your TESB Stuff I hope you will give me a holler.

I would love to see an overall picture of your dioramas with how you have them displayed if you have time.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2015, 09:52:43 AM »
You start clearing out any of your TESB Stuff I hope you will give me a holler.

I would love to see an overall picture of your dioramas with how you have them displayed if you have time.

Yeah I don't consider myself a collector more of a hobbyist all my free space is taken by tools and supplies. I don't really have a designated spot to put my completed projects.  Sometimes i canibalize them for other projects or to make them better. I put my Yoda dio in with a potted plant, lol it looks pretty cool, my tauntaun and bespin dios are on my TV/entertainment stand. The ones I really want to get rid of are my two AT-ST dios, ww2/star wars and Kashyyyk assault just because they take up a lot of real estate. I really enjoyed building them but when I'm finished, I'm like ohh boy where am I going to put this. I might just put them in the garage, build a shelf for them. I've always wanted to build a tabletop diorama of both or endor in 1/48 or 1/72, but again big real estate.

I thought about redoing the dagobah Yoda dio if you want that without the figure I can ship it to you. Your just a state away. The cool thing about it is, it would go well with any 3.75  scale dagobah  figure as well as 6" Yoda or r2. It only really cost me a few dollars, its only made of foam, aluminium foil, tissue paper, spent coffee grounds and glue. Stuff I already had.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:39:47 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2015, 06:07:50 AM »
What a gracious offer. Thank you. I will pm you shortly, but I appreciate it!

Glad to hear you are thinking about displaying these as I think they would look cool anyhwere. I built some purposed cabinetry/shelving underneath my basement steps (my man cave) to house dios like you are making. I put my vehicle collection in em (which I wish I would have never done) so I haven't built a single dio!

I am really enjoying your builds though and hope they keep coming.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2015, 09:10:29 AM »
I've been putting off my Jabba dio. I had to build a bandai c3po for my brother. He wanted one but he wasn't confident in his building skills. So I offered to build him the one I bought to trade for a 6" Bossk (I may put him in the background of my Jabba dio.). I know I lost that deal but, he needed one. Besides I won the last deal. This 3po is just a great figure, really sets the gold standard (no pun intended) for 3po figures. He is really easy to build. Like the others the instructions are well illustrated but in Japanese so if you don't know Japanese you just have to figure some things out on your own. None the less great kit. Just had to share it before I ship it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 05:38:04 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck's dios & figures. 6" Jabba the Hutt. Utinni!! Pt.1
« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2015, 10:11:59 AM »
   I've been playing around with the idea of a 6" Jawa, I'll use for Jabba's servant Herat. He's the jawa in back of Jabba with the fan. I made a foam and wire prototype body for him and put on a 3.75" robe, sort of the same concept as a puppet, but in a small scale. I ordered a 6" Obi Wan robe, I think will work better. I'll make his head from foam and black fabric meybe a couple yellow LEDs for eyes. Then give him some 3.75" hands.That should do it meybe a bandolier or something. So while I'm waiting for the robe I have several props and a custom figure to build.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 04:03:58 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck's dios & figures. 6" Jabba the Hutt. OOLA-LA PT.1
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2015, 05:10:08 PM »
  I started on my Oola figure. For now she's just a Slave Leia and a Star Trek Uhura head, that ill add the head dress tentacles with epoxy clay. Well i have a few ideas for her but, we'll see. I grinded her clothes off but I kept the shoes I didn't want to have to sculpt ankles, sandals and feet. I wanted to build this for the last 6" challenge but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a Jabba dio, plus I wasn't sure about my 6" figure skills. I'll make her clothes out of the same fishnet material as my Chewbacca cargo net. It should be enough to cover the unsightly joints without sculpting over them.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:19:43 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2015, 05:43:12 PM »
JDeck, these dios are wonderful. Kashyyyk turned out really well. I love the foil trick for bark. Very creative. I'm looking forward to seeing the Jabba diorama complete. Great thinking on the Uhura head for Oola. Keep up the great work.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck's dios & figures. 6" Jabba the Hutt. OOLA-LA PT.1
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2015, 06:16:56 PM »
JDeck, these dios are wonderful. Kashyyyk turned out really well. I love the foil trick for bark. Very creative. I'm looking forward to seeing the Jabba diorama complete. Great thinking on the Uhura head for Oola. Keep up the great work.
Thank you Starchase' I'm sort of the Martha Stewart of star wars. Haha. I try to make as much as I can out of cheap plentiful materials. But I'm going to be taking my time on this Jabba dio, I really want to make it great, because it will be a massive dio. relatively.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:50:37 PM by JDeck »

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #162 on: July 07, 2015, 07:48:18 AM »
Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. I like how Oola's coming along!
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2015, 10:49:29 AM »
Oh  yeah, coming along nicely. Can't wait to see this a bit more finished. It is gonna rock!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck's dios & figures. Oola-La PT.2
« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2015, 04:52:27 PM »
   Thanks custom Jedi and Tamer. I can't wait until I get the ball rolling on this dio. Right now I'm just building as I get parts and supplies in.

I started on Oola's outfit. I just used fishnet stockings and string pretty much what the original costume was. Its just soft goods in scale, it never looks great but, I did my best. I'm still clipping the little strings waiting for the epoxy to come in so i can start the head sculpt. The last photo is with some grey wet washes on the costume it looks better wet, I may add a little glue wash so it adheres better, instead of being loose. This is a little unprecedented, I haven't seen an Oola in this scale.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:35:51 AM by JDeck »