Author Topic: JDeck's dioramas and displays.  (Read 135199 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: JDeck's dios & figures.
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2015, 10:51:14 PM »
Sorry to see the Caps are out of the series. I'm a Blackhawks fan, so still in it for now.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2015, 10:57:32 PM »
I'm pulling for the hawks too, now. I don't mind too much the caps lost, just how they lost. They had the series lead 3-1 then ended up losing game 7 in over time. Dangnabbit!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck's dios & figures.: order 66 survivors
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2015, 07:06:47 PM »
  This is a Jedi figure I named Kenshi-Kan. Loosely based on Kyuzo, the stone faced Master swordsman from Seven Samurai. 

Not much is known about Kenshi, he's a man of few words. Mostly his actions speak for him, judging by his actions he is a highly trained swordsman. He makes it clear though, he's out to kill Vader for his betrayal.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:55:11 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2015, 03:22:18 AM »
Great work mate.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2015, 07:41:51 AM »
Nice, time for the front page!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2015, 10:45:08 AM »
Thanks Ron and Tamer for your encouragement. I'm building a group of ronin Jedi/Padawans who survive Order 66 and meet in a cantina on Ord Mantell. (Ord Mantell is the last place the Empire would step foot due to its high criminal population and lack of resources.)  They each have their own speciality and agendas, but work together to fight the Empire on a nearby planet sparsely populated by farmers.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:06:39 PM by JDeck »

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
  • Drawing Star Wars comics since 1986!
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2015, 02:29:33 PM »
Thanks Ron and Tamer for your encouragement. I'm building a group of ronin Jedi/Padawans who survive Order 66 and meet in a cantina on Ord Mantell. (Ord Mantell is the last place the Empire would step foot due to its high criminal population and lack of resources.)  They each have their own speciality and agendas, but work together to fight the Empire on a nearby planet sparsely populated by farmers.

Wow... thank you for making this. He was my favorite of the 7 even though everyone likes Toshiro Mifune's character I liked the stoic samurai even  *gets all emotional* tho.. snif... ya know...

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2015, 04:04:12 AM »
Thanks Rezikai, glad you like it. I'm working on a figure based on Mifune's character from Yojimbo. He was very deceptive and cunning like he was using Jedi mind tricks. He was also dsmn good with a sword especially against multiple targets. I have a rough prototype I want to add some clone war type armor but we'll see. Meybe I'll post my progress later this afternoon.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 05:36:54 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck's dios & figures.: order 66 survivors
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2015, 03:26:55 PM »
I decided to post my WIP ronin Jedi/Padawan Order 66 survivor, (unnamed). Its a very rough prototype, I used a twist tie to hold the shield in place. I've got a lot of work to do I want to repaint his tunic dark blue/grey. Bleach/Dye the robe to grey/dark blue. Add stormtrooper armor, attach the shield with magnets, etc. Pretty much I want to make is what I had visioned when I was a kid, when I watched Star Wars and Obi Wan was talking about Jedi Knights. It really captured my imagination when I heard the prequels were going to be made back in 1991. But of course I was disappointed they just seemed more like Monks than Knights, so I'm coming up with my own.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:06:35 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2015, 08:54:28 PM »
Kenshi looks great! I love the Duros head on the concept Kenobi figure - more love for the alien Jedi. The WIP is looking good too, I like the somewhat more "knight like" thinking that you are pursuing - it resonates with my own inclinations as well.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2015, 12:59:04 AM »
I'm really liking the Jedi/Padawan Order 66 survivor and can't wait to see him complete

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2015, 02:53:31 AM »
It will be great to see this one finished!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2015, 04:01:23 AM »
Thank you all for the encouraging words.  I know I give the prequels a hard time, but as I've been watching  the movies that influenced Star Wars (see: Movies that influenced Star Wars. In the Star Wars movie section) I've grown to appreciate them more. With the Jedi being "Monks" it sort of makes sense. Because if the Sith had been "extinct" for such a long time the Jedi would become thinkers instead of fighters. Much like post feudal samurai. BUT during the clone wars they would become knight like. Then hunted much like the Samurai and Knights Templars. But its still much different that what I anticipated those many years ago.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:23:10 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck's dios & figures.: order 66 survivors; Brutis Valli.
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2015, 06:57:59 PM »
  So I pretty much finished my Order 66 survivor, Brutis Valli. I'll probably start working soon on a dio for this guy, I think he's pretty cool.

Brutis Valli was a student of the brilliant Jedi Master Wuden. During The Clone Wars Valli seved as Wuden's captain and right hand man.until Order 66 was carried out by Wuden's clone commanders. Valli watched helplessly as  his master was shot in the back by his own men. He defended his master's lifeless body, so it wouldn't be paraded around as a war trophy, and was able to escape.  As a fugitive of the Empire he spends his life trying to survive and do as much damage to the Empire as possible. He has cutting down Stormtroopers down to an art form, due to his expert lightsaber skills involving multiple targets. Its rumored he can single handedly take out an entire platoon one squad at a time.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:51:36 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2015, 02:42:20 AM »
Great back story too. Off to share.