Author Topic: JDeck's dioramas and displays.  (Read 136538 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: JDeck's dioramas and displays.
« Reply #870 on: July 06, 2023, 10:35:58 PM »
That looks great! I have found some of these sets at smalljoes.com in addition to Amazon.

Offline HighZone5

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #871 on: July 08, 2023, 12:22:24 PM »

I agree those look really cool!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #872 on: July 09, 2023, 06:46:54 AM »
Freaking sweet JDeck. Thanks for sharing your links.

So off to share this.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #873 on: July 14, 2023, 06:06:56 PM »
I got the second Testing area, to make the two door speederbike garage. I used USB powered Lego lights. 3 Packs X LED Down Lights (USB Powered Brick White LED), Compatible with Lego Bricks or Major Brand Bowerful https://a.co/d/6mTRRsS They're alright, prewired several different modes. But being USB, If you're using several strings, it gets complicated. I have 3 strings of six for the whole diorama, I want to use this power bank, but the USB ports are so close together, I can only use 2 at a time. So I'll just use a power strip with 3 USB chargers.
I want to get some computer consoles from hole in the wall for the second floor.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 08:38:00 AM by Tamer »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #874 on: July 14, 2023, 09:17:33 PM »
That looks really good. I like the way the lights look, too bad you can't find a system that is a little easier to work with.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #875 on: July 15, 2023, 12:40:27 PM »
That looks really good. I like the way the lights look, too bad you can't find a system that is a little easier to work with.

Thanks man. I guess it's really not bad. In all 3 sets of 6 light fixtures with 3 bulbs in each fixture is 54 LEDs. I think if I were to wire 54 leds in series they would end up being too dim, or not work at all.  They kind of need to be split into 3 power sources now that I think about it. So it's not bad, just sucks the 4 port USB power bank I have wont fit 3 of these.

I wired up the other 2 buildings. Just need to tuck in the wires.  I can dim them. I want to add under counter lights, for the ceiling, I have some, but I don't think they will work. They're remote controlled, and they interfere with these remote LEDs. Tap lights will work.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 12:44:30 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #876 on: July 15, 2023, 01:13:23 PM »
That's a pretty awesome set up. It really looks cool with the lights.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #877 on: July 15, 2023, 04:55:34 PM »
Thank You Starman!  It is a ton of lights. I think I can balance it out with some tap lights, so you can see the vehicles. It's a work in progress. I think it'll be one of those year long projects, adding details and playing with the lighting. I might paint all the scaffolding. Ultimately I want to add some walls on three sides.  Make it a little more Star Warsy. 

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #878 on: July 15, 2023, 07:21:10 PM »
Thank You Starman!  It is a ton of lights. I think I can balance it out with some tap lights, so you can see the vehicles. It's a work in progress. I think it'll be one of those year long projects, adding details and playing with the lighting. I might paint all the scaffolding. Ultimately I want to add some walls on three sides.  Make it a little more Star Warsy.

I like the idea of walls. If you use "space walls" of some kind, I think it will increase the Star Wars look. Of course a few aliens and droids would help too ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #879 on: July 19, 2023, 08:43:36 AM »
Daggone that is impressive. Love the lights too. Thanks for the link.

I am just getting back into the swing of things coming off some sort of stomach ailment, but wowzers this is going on the front page.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #880 on: July 22, 2023, 05:19:45 PM »

I like the idea of walls. If you use "space walls" of some kind, I think it will increase the Star Wars look. Of course a few aliens and droids would help too ;D

I'd like to buy up a ton of 3d printed space walls and just wall up the whole shelf but that would bankrupt me. I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm thinking concrete walls on this bottom shelf, then the higher it goes incorporate more space walls and stuff like that. My shelf goes... vehicle depot, armored/reconnaissance companies, stormtrooper/shoretrooper infantry company, then Navy/high command then the top shelf is where I put my diorama pieces.  I don't know. Just spitballing but maybe I can fashion a crude hangar style out of foamboard. Replicate it on all 4 shelves not including the top.

Daggone that is impressive. Love the lights too. Thanks for the link.

I am just getting back into the swing of things coming off some sort of stomach ailment, but wowzers this is going on the front page.

Thanks Tamer. Glad you're on the mend. I used to get awful flareups 2-3 times a year, get real high fever bad stomach pains, for several years. Then either 2019 or 2020 it just stopped. Of course being self employed I had to work through it. Having fever in the summer is the worst.
I ordered some computer consoles from hole in the ground, add some more star wars elements to it.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #881 on: July 22, 2023, 07:17:21 PM »
Yeah, covering all your shelves with printed space walls would be really expensive. Some concrete walls would work. Maybe trying to design some more simple walls using foamcore rather than the pre-printed walls would work?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #882 on: July 23, 2023, 05:55:41 AM »
Oh yeah, some computer stations would be awesome.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #883 on: October 19, 2023, 12:32:52 AM »
Awesome setup JD

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #884 on: November 21, 2023, 03:15:22 AM »
I'd recognize those Joytoy diorama sets anywhere...

The lighting here is superb. This for sure looks like some kind of Imperial vehicle depot. It looks and feels how it should for the era.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.