Imperial Creative Engineering > Dioramas

JDeck's dioramas and displays.

(1/178) > >>

JDeck:
This is a ww2 inspired version of the battle of Endor. The walker is an AMT AT-ST with some ww2 parts and decals. The bunker is modeled after a German blockhouse type bunker. The figures are star wars miniatures that I customized with 1/48 parts. The ground work is mainly sculpting plaster. The Forrest litter I made myself by just grinding up pine needles and leaves. The trees are woodland scenic 7" conifer. The bushes came from a company that takes real plants and preserves them in something but they look really cool. Also the little ferns I made from reptile moss.

IMPURGE:
LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!
few people have spliced SW with WW2. i always love how it looks
great job.

JDeck:
If you like this diorama go to starwars/ww2 mash/ups in the custom vehicle section.

hemble:
Excellent work, you made the walker and troops fit right into the WW2 theme.

Ron

JDeck:
I really enjoyed building that bunker. I used bluefoam and drywall spackel. Then I took my knife and chipped little bullet holes and different layers I had made with the spackel. I even added some exposed rebar in the larger holes. I used woodland scenic concrete paint and weathered it with oil paint.
          I wasn't able to get a good shot of the figures so Ill take them off and show you. Like I said I used the star wars minifigures which comes out to 1/48 and sliced their helmets and guns replaced them with German equipment.
           The walker comes out to 1/48-1/50 but I found if I scaled up the weapons to 1/35 they look a lot better. The veiwports were from a 1/35 kfz.222 German armored car and they fit almost perfectly. The main cannon was from a 37mm AT gun and I used part of the shield around the barrel to make it look like it belonged there. If I didn't the hole was way too big for the barrel.it was overall a fun project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version