Author Topic: JDeck's machines, models, monsters and miscellaneous.  (Read 95436 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Rebel Alliance AT-TE recovery. "Oola Belle"
« Reply #345 on: May 31, 2016, 05:49:36 PM »
  I'm pretty much done with my Rebel AT-TE recovery. I've nicknamed it "Oola Belle" as a spoof on the "LuLu Belle" the name of the piece of junk M3 Grant tank in the 1943 film Sahara.
  After the German grey base coat I painted her royal light grey, then painted a few areas like the cockpit Hull Red. I added the Rebel decals, I thought about adding more decals/colors but less is more sometimes. Then I weathered it using pastel chalks and oil paints.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 05:54:39 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: JDeck's machines, models, monsters and miscellaneous.
« Reply #346 on: May 31, 2016, 06:31:49 PM »
Awesome work mate.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2016, 02:44:31 AM »
This is one great vehicle. It looks great on our pages. So cool JDeck!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2016, 06:29:11 AM »
Awesome work mate.

Ron
This is one great vehicle. It looks great on our pages. So cool JDeck!
  Thank you Ron and Tamer! It came out just as I envisioned when I started. That rarely happens. I don't know what my next Rebel repurposed Clone Wars vehicle will be. Revell made tons of prequel kits. I was hoping they would make tons of TFA kits, at least Rey's speeder. Yeah they have Kylo Ren shuttle, but the wings look like he's overcompensating for something.

Offline jon_k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #349 on: June 02, 2016, 09:37:29 AM »
Super creative, I really like this one. Great job!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #350 on: June 03, 2016, 05:26:18 AM »
Looks great!!
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
1/144 Tierfon Yellow Aces X-wing. WIP.
« Reply #351 on: June 05, 2016, 07:21:23 PM »
Super creative, I really like this one. Great job!

Looks great!!

Thanks guys!
I've had this idea brewing for a few days, so I started tooling around. I've been wanting to figure out a cool way to display the Bandai 1/144 X-wing, and I thought it would be cool to make a larger scale body panel to display with the model. I want to paint up the model like the Tierfon Yellow Aces. In TFA, Rey had Reh's helmet from the Yellow Aces, so I thought it would be cool to make a matching X-wing. So far I've only painted a thin base coat, I spent most of my time making panels. I have some custom decals coming, some Yellow Aces symbols and kill marks. The color scheme will be blue & yellow. I've been looking at WW2 spitfire and p-51 schemes for inspiration. We'll see how it works out.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:35:15 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #352 on: June 06, 2016, 12:54:43 AM »
That is a great idea, this is going to look awesome.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #353 on: June 06, 2016, 03:24:05 AM »
That is gonna be great.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #354 on: June 06, 2016, 05:16:04 PM »
That is a great idea, this is going to look awesome.

Ron
That is gonna be great.
   Thanks guys! I changed the panel a bit. The old one reminded me of a door off an old Buick. I knew I would end up changing the panel many times so I used telescoping tubes to mount it. I'll put this project on ice until I get my decals, then I can have a better visual. I know I'll have to build another panel, but I've got a prototype.
  I weathered the A-wing. I just gave it a flat clear coat, black/white washes. Not the best job but not bad.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:01:59 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #355 on: June 07, 2016, 08:31:52 PM »
The Oola Belle turned out absolutely magnificent! A great concept, brilliantly executed. Love the paint job as well.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #356 on: July 06, 2016, 04:26:32 PM »
The Oola Belle turned out absolutely magnificent! A great concept, brilliantly executed. Love the paint job as well.
Thank you Starchaser! Sorry for the late reply. Busy busy busy. I've gotten to the point that I use Tamiya spray paint on all my models. Not sure if its laziness or what, but the final product usually turns out nice.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Rebel Alliance AT-RT 1/18.
« Reply #357 on: July 06, 2016, 04:35:51 PM »
  I got a Revell AT-RT that I'll be giving the rebel alliance treatment to. This is a really cool kit, I've read many reviews and this kit is very much underrated. First off its 1/18 scale, which is awesome, it looks better aesthetically and more accurate, than any of the Hasbro versions. The articulation is nice, it even has little hydrologic pistons that move. This kit doesn't come with a stand like the other Revell kits, I'll have to make my own. It is a Revell kit so assembly is not real smooth, but its not rocket surgery.
      For now I have Endor Leia as my rider. I need to give her swivel wrists to look right. I'll fix all that when I make a completely custom rider. For my application I'll change the gun a little, repaint, and add some rebel equipment. For the paint scheme, I was thinking of a Slave1 look. Light grey with worn down light green making a sort of camouflage.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 06:03:58 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #358 on: July 07, 2016, 06:29:52 AM »
Nice. Looks good already. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Rebel Alliance AT-RT: painting pt.1
« Reply #359 on: July 07, 2016, 05:10:25 PM »
Nice. Looks good already. Off to share.
Thanks Tamer. I got my paints, figure parts plus some liquid mask. Its like liquid masking tape, I've been using silicone gel, which works alright, not ideal.
    Got home late again,  but I did get a couple coats of paint on before it started raining. I just used German grey undercoat, and USAF light grey for the base coat. 
    I applied the liquid mask in the worn areas, areas that get hit with branches, debris, or gets stepped on, whatever. Apply it in layers, the thicker it is the easier it will be to remove, plus it will be easier to find after its painted. The liquid mask is a resin, but it dries like latex and its easy to peel. I'll let it dry and tomorrow I'll give it a shot of  IJN grey/green. The USAF grey and IJN green is a nice subtle contrast, about  the same colors used on the Slave1 fuselage.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:37:12 AM by JDeck »