Author Topic: JDeck's machines, models, monsters and miscellaneous.  (Read 95442 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: JDeck's machines, models, monsters and miscellaneous.
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2015, 03:14:23 AM »
Wow, looks great. Man, I can see why you wanted to give em a break, hasbro that is. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2015, 03:42:26 AM »
Wow, looks great. Man, I can see why you wanted to give em a break, hasbro that is. Off to share.
   Thank ya, Tamer! The whole reason I got back into Hasbro was they were making awesome products. The "big wing" TIE Fighter, the Walmart exclusive Falcon, then the 6" Black Series they were almost model quality.  Now that Bandai is making great quality OT SW models and big H is making toys again, the choice is clear. Even with Hasbro's overcompensating 6" TIE, its just a giant expensive toy, the wings are too short, its god awful big. If I pay over $200 for a TIE it better be right and be able to display it without needing a hangar. Bandai consistently makes new models every month on the dot, and you can't ask for better quality. Its all 3D scanned from the original ILM model, everything is right as rain.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:14:42 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »
    I was finally! finally! Able to pick this dagone Bandai TIE Advanced x1 today. I actually took a detour on my route if not I'd never be able to get it from the PO. Theoretically I'm thinking I can mash this with the TIE fighter, make a few cuts and create a TIE interceptor. The construction on this is different from the TIE, I was hoping that it would be the same, but no matter, it might still work. Speaking of work I'm at the warehouse now so the pics look green. In the next day or so I'll plan out my cuts, and show you how to do the same.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:56:59 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
TIE Interceptor Bandai kitbash.
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2015, 04:45:45 PM »
  Alright I'm home now, got something to eat, ready to go. I masked off the area I will be cutting. It looks good to me, as long as I cut it within the tapeline. The frame I'll make out of the TIE kit parts, I mocked it up, and I'm happy with it. I may reverse the tape to protect the wing from the dremel and/or razor blade. I love it when a plan comes together.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:32:10 PM by JDeck »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2015, 05:20:19 PM »
Looking forward to see how this shapes out. Good luck!
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2015, 02:07:42 AM »
Another great Bandai Project. I can't wait to get the AT-AT.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2015, 04:12:29 AM »
Another great Bandai Project. I can't wait to get the AT-AT.
  Yes! I'm on pins and needles waiting for any info on the AT-AT. My best guess is February, because they can gain the most profit during the slowest time of the year, its a trick some companies do. I'm sure it'll cost at least $200. That's only a guess, it could be a year from now, they just want to build anticipation. I'd be happy with a 1/144 or 1/72 Millennium Falcon. The 1/144 Slave I is coming next month so the MF may be the same scale.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:12:07 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
TIE Interceptor Bandai Kitbash
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2015, 08:38:18 AM »
  I made the cuts to the Vader TIE wings, to convert them into the Interceptor style. I also framed it using the TIE  fighter kit frames. I just need to add some minor details to the knuckle I think it has some kind of cannon on it, then the mandible tips needs those rods or cannons whatever they're supposed to be. But the hard part is done, the part I was most worried about, anyway.  Overall the wings are a tad bit short height wise, but that's just the way it is. I'll be the only kid on the block with a Bandai TIE Interceptor.

I added some detail to the modified Vader TIE "interceptor" wings. Now they will fit the TIE Fighter fuselage, when I build it in the next day or two. I used model kit parts including 1/35 Sherman and 1/72 panzer wheel, to mimic the interceptor knuckle. The wheel is a bit large but had run out of my small ones and this isn't studio scale, but I can live with it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:58:02 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2015, 02:46:18 AM »
These look pretty good to me. How did you cut such straight lines?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2015, 03:27:17 AM »
These look pretty good to me. How did you cut such straight lines?
   Thanks, I just masked the part I wanted to keep, scored it with a razorblade along the tapeline, just like you would cut styrene. I thought about making short work with a dremel but Dremels are sloppy.  I just need to putty it better, sand it. Then I'll paint it once its all built. I'm thinking since its not 100% ROTJ accurate I'll make it Black Squadron or Royal Guard. Not an EU fan but the EU TIE variants are cool.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:59:35 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
TIE Interceptor Bandai kitbash
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »
   Well I finished this Interceptor. It really isn't bad for a kitbash. Especially since I wasn't sure if it would work. With the paint I wanted to try something different. So I basically gave it a TIE pilot look. I had fun building it. Weird thing is its cheaper to buy two Bandai kits than a Fine Molds Interceptor, since they lost their licencing.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 08:03:26 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2015, 02:30:33 AM »
I actually took a second last night to compare the new SW Hot Wheel Ships to my AF and MM stuff and was fairly disappointed. These Bandai kits give me some hope. Your latest build is great. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2015, 04:55:12 AM »
I actually took a second last night to compare the new SW Hot Wheel Ships to my AF and MM stuff and was fairly disappointed. These Bandai kits give me some hope. Your latest build is great. Off to share.
  Thank you for the FP spot.  Yeah the Hot wheels and MM is cool for collectors. I like the Black series Titanium stuff. But there is no better detail or quality than Bandai as far as Ships go. Even Fine Molds isn't as crisp as Bandai. The crazy thing is theyre all snap fit. The TIE Fighter couldn't be easier to build, 15.mins at most. They will soon be distributed in America by a distributer based in MD. so shipping will be faster and cheaper, hopefully one day the directions will be in English.  Man, I can think of dozens of ships and figures I hope they'll make. 1/144 Lambda shuttle, 1/72 B-wing, snowtrooper.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:17:36 PM by JDeck »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2015, 08:55:27 AM »
Awesome dude, real nice. If there are any interceptors in TFA I could see them looking like this. Well done!
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2015, 09:24:55 AM »
  Thanks GL1!! I thought the same thing, that it looks like a TFA TIE, just needs those white solar panels. I'll have to get used to those white solar panels because they would be self defeating, they would reflect light instead of absorbing light, but I digress. I like how the paint turned out, I ran out of flat black so I mixed gloss black with matte medium, so it ended up being eggshell, which is pretty nice.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:46:06 AM by JDeck »