Author Topic: JDeck Drive Yards.  (Read 25112 times)

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
Re: JDeck Drive Yards.
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2017, 06:11:01 PM »
That vehicle looks Fantastic

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2019, 06:31:05 PM »
I got a Revell AT-RT kit. I like it because it's very close to being 1/18 scale, and the level of detail is far superior to Hasbro versions. It's been too long since building a model kits, I've gotten out of practice and spoiled by the ease of fit of the Bandai kits. Revell kits are a bit stubborn, I broke a couple parts. *sigh* it's all good. I'm going to repaint, add some different weapons and I have a cool idea, but I'm not sure how it will work out in practice. After this I have a similar TBS AT-ST project.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:14:01 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2019, 09:33:58 AM »
Looks pretty good to me. Off to share.

Look foward to seeing your cool idea.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2019, 07:15:36 PM »
Looks pretty good to me. Off to share.

Look foward to seeing your cool idea.
Thank you Tamer. My "cool idea" was to create an energy shield out of clear vac formed plastic, like the shield on the Destroyer Droid figure. It was a cool idea, but like I feared in practice it just didn't fit. However I may use this concept in some different project. Meybe using a semi spherical plastic dome, super fine fiber optics and a blue/purple LED.  I'll have to look around for a plastic ball big enough. It would make for a really cool diorama, actually.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:18:30 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2019, 03:49:37 AM »
Well dang. Yes that will be cool if you can figure it out.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2019, 12:05:24 PM »
It's great to see you back with a model kit JD! I agree, Revell's AT-RT from 2005 is a nice model! I always think of how much magic FialaFernbrugg added to this kit! The Scarif Trooper looks great on it and I also like the idea with the shield! That's very interesting for me, too! I actually planned on making a shield for a Destroyer Droid, too!
Are you going to add some weathering to your AT-RT, too? I'm going to customize one of Hasbro's AT-RTs, soon!

- Philipp

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2019, 08:52:25 PM »
It's great to see you back with a model kit JD! I agree, Revell's AT-RT from 2005 is a nice model! I always think of how much magic FialaFernbrugg added to this kit! The Scarif Trooper looks great on it and I also like the idea with the shield! That's very interesting for me, too! I actually planned on making a shield for a Destroyer Droid, too!
Are you going to add some weathering to your AT-RT, too? I'm going to customize one of Hasbro's AT-RTs, soon!

- Philipp
Well dang. Yes that will be cool if you can figure it out.
Sorry for the late reply, I nixed the shield idea. It was a cool concept, but I just didn't like in practice.  Still though, a personal shield for troopers could still work. I'll figure something out.

I finally painted the AT-RT. First I painted it forest green, then some kind of grey, I think it's USAF grey. Then I gave it a black wash. I added a antenna from a GI JOE Jeep of some kind. I was debating on painting it green, or some kind of camouflage, but classic grey for walkers always works. Besides, I wanted some contrast from the green figure. I might add some little doodads or something to it. I did make a custom cannon. An over under design, with a heavy blaster on top, a heavy repeater on the bottom and a rocket pod on the right side. My idea was to build a vehicle for a cavalry/ infantry platoon leader, with long range communication, and as much firepower as an entire squad. A personal shield would have been cool, but meh, it made it messy. The pictures kind of suck, I have a bunch of junk in the background.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:56:19 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2019, 04:59:48 AM »
That looks great! It really works in the Imperial Ranks. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2019, 07:00:20 AM »
That looks great! It really works in the Imperial Ranks. Off to share.
Thank you Tamer. My next project will be this First Order Speederbike that someone gave me. The plan is to make it a death trooper speeder. It might just be a repaint. I'll head to my hobby shop, pick up some Gloss black spray, and I'll grab some neon green for lights or something.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2019, 07:02:10 AM »
Thats a good idea. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2019, 04:59:15 AM »
Another cool project JD! I didn't know this new Speeder Bike comes with a stand, too! The Death Trooper looks great on it! Also looking forward to seeing what magic you'll add to it!

- Philipp

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2019, 05:28:55 PM »
Another cool project JD! I didn't know this new Speeder Bike comes with a stand, too! The Death Trooper looks great on it! Also looking forward to seeing what magic you'll add to it!

- Philipp
Thank you. The stand I stole from the TRU Speederbike. It has the same connection in the back. Basically it's the same bike, except for the forks in the front and the fenders in the back. I'm still trying to find inspiration, without spending a fortune on parts. I was just going to paint it all black with green accents. IDK.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2019, 09:48:25 PM »
I'll forget about the Death Trooper speeder for now, because it's just a bullshit repaint at this point. I got a Forcelink 2.0 Enfys Nest speeder thing, a uhhm damn whatcha call it,. And well I thought it would be cool to like put some lights and shit on the boosters, and make a Vandor diorama. So I took it apart, and damaged it a little, but it's doable. What gets me is, they put all that licencing crap on the side of the bike, not in an inconspicuous place, ohh no, right on the side. Also, I keep finding that 5poa figures are actually more detailed than TVC. I thought TVC was good, the FL2.0 head is more detailed. It just doesn't seem right. I should have just gotten the 6" TBS version, but I just couldn't.  I ordered my LEDS from Evan's designs, they're really good, especially if you aren't an electrician, and you just want the lights and shit.
  https://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:27:57 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2019, 11:44:08 PM »
I agree with you about Enfys Nest's head. Its really a shame, too. Oh well. I'll be really interested to see how this project turns out.

I think the personal shield idea is a good one, so I hope you keep working on it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2019, 07:09:10 AM »
Ok, back to the regulary scheduled program, internet is out at home and got some sort of gateway error when I tried to post here, but I am anxious to see what you do here. Off to share.

And that is the only way Hasbro can get us to buy those five poa pieces of bantha stuff!