Author Topic: JDeck Drive Yards.  (Read 25098 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck Drive Yards. TIE Intruder
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 04:24:22 PM »
Making progress on my TIE Intruder, I had to take a few steps back in order to move forward but I think I'm on track. I like the twin cannons above the engines they came off a 1/700 battleship. I just need to add some greebles and mechanisms the only problem is it has to be symmetrical so everything I do to one side needs to be done on the other sometimes inverted.

Had to go with a different landing gear in a different position you can barely see it but that's how I like it. Had to modify the hull to fit the engines better and filled all the gaps with putty and greebled over them. I put the tank tracks on the front top just like ILM did on theirs. I'll add some more surface details as I go. I have some 1/35 105mm rounds I'll convert to missiles and fix them on a rocket pod where the original lasers were.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 08:05:20 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 02:48:13 PM »
Did some more greeble work on the weapon system. I started on the rocket pod. Its just a test run I'll fool around with it a little more. Add a few more greebels I want to change the rocket pod just have to figure it out.

Its starting to look tough. Can't wait to build the wings.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 06:50:36 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: JDeck Drive Yards.
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2014, 03:15:30 AM »
Looks tough on the front page too.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 07:45:15 PM »
I really like the way this is turning out ! look forward to seeing this completed

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 08:02:15 PM »
    I'm figuring out how I want to lay out the panels. After that the vertical wing and that's about it!

Ahhh these panels won't work. I'm going with a mosaic pattern I was hoping the PE panels would suffice so I didn't have to cut styrene panels.

This will more or less do it I did my mosaic pattern using different thickness styrene then added my photo etched panels of different shapes. Sort of has that art deco look. Now I get to do the other side! Yeaaaaay!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:30:15 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2014, 05:05:14 AM »
Like that driver doing the work.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2014, 03:08:37 PM »
I finished the other horizontal wing its not exactly symmetrical because I thought that would be boring. I worked on the rocket pod a little. I added a shroud and two medium blaster cannons on each side.

P.S I'm selling my dropcloth as modern art. Lol. I haven't changed it in a while. I also use it as a palate to mix my paints. And wipe my brush for dry brushing.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:51:41 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2014, 04:27:36 PM »
This is looking awesome already mate, keep up the excellent work and look forward to seeing more progress.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2014, 09:09:39 PM »
Thanks bud. I've been wanting to finish just been busy/tired lately. I'll jump on it this weekend. I have a cool diorama in mind just need minor parts to come in.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2015, 07:24:07 PM »
Still working.

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2015, 11:21:31 PM »
Love the wielding pic very nice touch. I was wondering what did you do to cover the holes on the sides after you took the wings and connectors off. I got two huge holeso the side of my tiewalker project and trying to figure out how to cover them.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2015, 07:12:52 AM »
Love the wielding pic very nice touch. I was wondering what did you do to cover the holes on the sides after you took the wings and connectors off. I got two huge holeso the side of my tiewalker project and trying to figure out how to cover them.

What I did to cover the holes was i cut the hole in a rectangle shape. I glued a sheet of styrene in back of it. Then cut a sheet the same size as the hole and glue it to the backplate I just made. After that I  covered in putty sanded it and added greebles.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 07:41:43 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2015, 02:22:49 PM »
I started piddling around with my repulsorlift TX-130t. I built this gun based on the design of what I think is the most badass gun the 88mm FLAK, it was used as antiaircraft, anti-tank, anti-infantry. used on ships, tanks or as a stand alone artillery. But anyways, These guns are completely scratch built using styrene tubes and rods. I also used parts from my greeble collection.  This "tank" is going to be a real simple parts replacement and paint job not a total overhaul like I want but its too time consuming to rebuild the entire thing. When I bought this it was missing the guns and the turret so that's all I'm replacing on this one.

Its also the prototype for my SB-920 cannon I'm developing for my Death star gunners. The SB-920 was the weapon used against the rebels when they attacked the first Death star. I'll make that one a little bigger and more accurate. This is a variation used on land vehicles
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:31:13 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2015, 06:26:23 AM »
Definitely reminds me of the vintage death star cannon! Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2015, 08:07:25 AM »
Thanks Tamer once again for the FP feature. It does look a lot like the vintage DS cannon. I'll lighten it up a bit give it some variation in color. My biggest obstacle is the turret and hatch combo. I'll figure that out somehow.

I'm liking this project its sort of like my ww2 mashups in reverse I'm taking ww2 tech and converting it to star wars.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:25:29 AM by JDeck »