Author Topic: JDeck Drive Yards.  (Read 25335 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck driveyards. TX.130t imperial
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 03:57:55 PM »
     While I'm waiting for paint to dry I'd like to show you all an upcoming project. When I said I had something under my hat I wasn't referring to this ill do that one later but this is a republic fighter tank I got cheaper than dirt. Its missing some parts but I'm making a custom anyway. I'll just rebuild the cannons and turret then paint it a nice imperial grey. Not much just what they call a resto-mod.

Been coming up with some  mockup prototype anti-airspeeder cannons. Unfortunately my local hobby shop is low on styrene so I'll have to order some which will take a few days. I would like to do a quad setup two on each side then an anti-infantry repeater on a ring turret up top.
          Or shave the sides of the turret and have a single anti-armor cannon in a closed custom made turret. I'm still in the brainstorming process it sort of helps to type it out.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:01:21 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: potj walker concept All Terrain Scout Cannon
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 06:42:25 PM »
The AT-SC is pretty much done. I wanted to make it like a preproduction prototype awaiting approval from the Emperor.

I like the white but I might darken it with a grey or black wash. I built it as sort of a concept. Just to see what it would look like. Its pretty cool if I decide to revisit it or build a mark II it will be more detailed.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:07:40 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck driveyards. TIE Intruder
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 06:24:02 AM »
       I just started on this project I'll leave the design a mystery but I'm using a 2003 vintage TIE fighter cockpit. So far I've put 5hrs into grinding, cutting, patching, sanding and filling the surface but I still have a lot to do.

I cut the hinges, casted greebles and casting marks off the front patched the holes, closed the gap on the cockpit lid. Next I'll build the interior I won't do much just what's directly behind the glass. Then add surface details.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:01:26 AM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: JDeck driveyards.
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 11:56:29 PM »
Ok this to me looks like it could be a tie tank????

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
TIE Intruder.
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 05:06:47 AM »
Ahh I'm not good at keeping secrets. I was thinking about a tank buster airspeeder. Air support for walkers. I'm designing it for atmospheric flight. Twin ion afterburner engines and non solar panel wings missiles that sort of thing. Although a tie repulsorlift  tank would be cool.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:20:54 AM by JDeck »

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 08:32:11 AM »
       I just started on this project I'll leave the design a mystery but I'm using a 2003 vintage TIE fighter cockpit. So far I've put 5hrs into grinding, cutting, patching, sanding and filling the surface but I still have a lot to do.

I cut the hinges, casted greebles and casting marks off the front patched the holes, closed the gap on the cockpit lid. Next I'll build the interior I won't do much just what's directly behind the glass. Then add surface details.

This sounds like one of my timelines.  Thank The Maker there's another mortal customizer on this sight.  ;-)

I'm loving your Step by Step process and cant wait to see the finished vehicle.  I was kinda hoping for a TIE Defender before the reveal, but this will will be very cool too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 09:04:21 AM »
Thanks its good have someone appreciate my designs. Yeah I could have gone in multiple directions with the TIE but I feel like the Empire needs air support for their armored divisions to be able to conquer entire planets. I don't think a TIE starfighter would perform well in atmospheric conditions.

It'll just take a while before I can start on the "wings" I have to fix some of Hasbro's mistakes first. That's why I'm taking a break from REVELL and MPC models they were cool but just a ton of work, like the raised panel lines those are irritating.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:30:29 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 06:09:56 PM »
I started on the interior. I didn't do the best greeble job I was watching a non star wars sci-fi movie the other day that might have influenced me,  but it looks really technological. That sort of "guts on the outside" look. I'm not sure how far I'll go with the interior I just want to get to the meat and potatoes of the project.
     I made that wire harness in the front out of a 1/25 car floor pedels. The monitor is a 1/24 cylinder head. The rest are just random parts.
      Before I button up the cockpit I'll be sure to clean the windshield with some future.

The picture on the bottom is a ww2 German plane I figured its good inspiration it sort of looks like a TIE windshield.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 06:04:37 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2014, 02:39:40 PM »
Its still in mockup mode I still need to do a few things before I button up the cockpit. I need to build the other engine and build the wings but this is a rough idea of what I'm going for. That's enough for today though.

I think I'll redesign the engine a little. I'm changing directions slightly. It will all make sence in the end.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:57:32 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »
I redesigned the engine placement it sort of goes with my original concept drawings. The wings will follow the engine lines and fold up like an imperial shuttle. I'll build some kind of landing gear later on. I'll design some mechanism concting the cockpit, engine and wings on the top half covering the holes on the sides. Armament will be concussion missiles, cluster missiles, medium blaster cannons.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 03:37:25 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2014, 03:46:13 AM »
This looks interesting so far.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck Drive Yards. TIE Intruder
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 05:42:50 PM »
I built a mockup trial wing out of foam core which will be close to the thickness slightly thicker. Reminds me of the tail-section of a ww2 bomber.I like the inverted "gull wing" design.  just a few modifications and adjustments before I make a template. Maybe I'll make it longer on the bottom till it almost touches the ground when landed. Change the shape of the upper part. Its subject to change I'm just too beat to figure it out tonight. I know its sac religious to have a TIE without solar wings, but it's built specifically for
atmospheric flight  like an airspeeder more or less. I figured I would share it meybe I'll get some feedback.

I made the landing gear out of an MPC AT-ST  "ankle" and a millennium falcon foot.
I grinded the hull a little more to make the engine fit better.
        If you squint long enough you can imagine the other side and how it will look completed.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:16:53 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: JDeck Drive Yards.
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 02:04:22 PM »
This is starting to look great.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 07:23:12 PM »
This is starting to look great.

Ron

Thank you Ron. the problem with building custom one of a kind vehicles or figures, your never sure how it will turn out or if anyone else thinks its cool. I spent a lot of time in trial and error. I built three different engines and a few different wing designs now that I know what I'm going with it should come together quickly.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:46:42 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 09:16:41 PM »
Thank you Ron. the problem with building custom one of a kind vehicles or figures, your never sure how it will turn out or if anyone else thinks its cool. I spent a lot of time in trial and error. I built three different engines and a few different wing designs now that I know what I'm going with it should come together quickly.

Anytime mate and always remeber that if people don't think it's cool that's fine as long as your happy with what you have done. And I custom doesn't have to be accurate even if it is a movie prop figure etc. From the dictionary - Customizing - to modify or build according to individual or personal specifications or preference.

Ron