Author Topic: JDeck Drive Yards.  (Read 25449 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck Drive Yards.
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2019, 08:39:34 AM »
I hate to go on a rant, but I'm allowed at least one a day. It just seems they're doing the bare minimum with TVC figures. I gotta give em props for yakface, and the Barge and other vehicles. However, it doesn't make sense 5poa figures have better details. 5poa is toast anyway, hopefully they'll pay more attention to TVC, but I'm highly dubious.

At any rate, I'm just waiting for the lights to come in, maybe three days. Until then I'll work on the diorama in my diorama section. I'm not going to do much outside of the lighting, I don't want to have to replicate the paint apps, and turn out sloppy looking. I'll hide the licencing junk in the one side by building a mountain side. We'll see how it goes.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2019, 04:00:08 PM »
Damn JD your really knocking out these and they all look awesome mate.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2019, 06:34:04 PM »
Damn JD your really knocking out these and they all look awesome mate.

Ron
It's still early. I started on the mountainside, I'm using sculpting plaster and charcoal. It reminds me of Close Encounters, when the guy makes the devil's tower out of mashed potatoes. Maybe I can salvage it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 06:36:35 PM by JDeck »

Offline DS-61-22

• Ensign
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2019, 08:03:43 PM »
Definitely agree about the shield it’s a pretty sweet idea, and one I would like to see finished, and yea Hasbro really has dropped the ball with there POA, main reason I went to 1/12 scale, just for the articulation. So much potential in this line, however I’ve noticed 3 of the Walmart stores near me have zero Star Wars figures not even a space for them, but o well I hate that store anyway always Amazon and eBay and others.

The lights are gonna look pretty dope can’t wait to see the finished project

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2019, 04:51:42 AM »
I bet there are new cool images here I can't see. My home internet is out till Tuesday and my work filters out many internet images as harmful. I can see the mashed potatoes attachment though!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2019, 06:38:13 AM »
Definitely agree about the shield it’s a pretty sweet idea, and one I would like to see finished, and yea Hasbro really has dropped the ball with there POA, main reason I went to 1/12 scale, just for the articulation. So much potential in this line, however I’ve noticed 3 of the Walmart stores near me have zero Star Wars figures not even a space for them, but o well I hate that store anyway always Amazon and eBay and others.

The lights are gonna look pretty dope can’t wait to see the finished project
I tried to get into 6", but at the time they were difficult to get, and crazy prices on eBay, so I gave up on it. Now TVC is that way. I can't win. My WM has zero Star Wars. I guess they're supposed to get an endcap for force Friday, but they can't fit but a few figures on it.
Thank you though, it should be cool. The shield, probably closer to Christmas, I'll be able to find some acrylic spheres, it needs to be at least 8" in diameter, for 3.75 figure to fit inside. I'll keep my eyes open. Edit: I found a 5" snowglobe kit, that will make a cool personal shield.

I bet there are new cool images here I can't see. My home internet is out till Tuesday and my work filters out many internet images as harmful. I can see the mashed potatoes attachment though!
Nah you didn't miss anything here. I had posted my work on the mountainside, in my Dio section, but I took it off, it needs more work. It looks like a blown up Oreo blizzard, right now, but I'm going to get some plaster cloth, and fix it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 04:18:18 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2019, 03:13:55 AM »
Ok, I got my internet back. Well I guess thats what it is (slower than molasses now). I hate outages. It never gets back to right till a service person comes which means I will probably have to take a day off work only for them to call the office and fix it there.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2019, 04:45:24 AM »
I have cable, and Whenever my power goes out, I have to go to the main tie in, not the router, but where the breaker box is and hit the reset button. Eventually the cable guy showed me, after calling him every single time the power goes out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2019, 02:46:03 AM »
I live in a very rural area and cable has not hit our area yet, but trust me when it does I am so switching over. Heck I have had to use satellite internet for years, but lately Frontier has really left me hanging.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2019, 07:36:15 AM »
Damn satellite internet, yeah I imagine that can be wonky. That's like what the guys in Antarctica use. Lol.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2019, 04:11:21 PM »
Okay, so I got my LEDs in today from https://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/
I got the 1.8mm 3V bulbs with the 3V coin cell holder and switch.   I drilled my holes ran my wires and connected red to red, black to black, and that's it. Now I can put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

See the finished product with diorama here http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9462.msg213796#msg213796
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 07:36:16 PM by JDeck »