Author Topic: star wars/ww2 mash/ups  (Read 24776 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: star wars/ww2 mash/ups
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2016, 09:27:30 AM »
Well this will be cool. I enjoyed your mash ups!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2016, 10:38:12 AM »
Well this will be cool. I enjoyed your mash ups!
   Thanks Tamer. Out of all the different custom things I make, the WW2 mashups are my favorite. I cant wait until my donor kits come in. I'll use just panzer. IIIs&IVs in different scales, and variations.  I did get my decals though, now I need to figure out which ones I want to use. They are all period correct 1/35 DAK decals.  And I'm still trying to figure out a ww2 AT-AT driver figure, if and when I can find one.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 06:36:32 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2016, 08:58:22 AM »
I am looking forward to seeing what you create for the driver too. Great decals.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2016, 05:43:29 PM »
I am looking forward to seeing what you create for the driver too. Great decals.
   I think I have a good idea for the AT driver. Similar to the Stalingrad snowtrooper i did last year.

[at1]    I pretty much finished adding the various detail parts to my DAK AT-ACT. The parts I used were from several different kits like, Dragon 1/72 pz.iv, Revell 1/72 nashorn, Tamiya 1/35 panzer iii and Zvezda 1/100 pz.iv. It turns out I decided not to modify the head all that much. Like I alway say, keep it simple stupid. I also added the rivets using woodglue.  As the glue dries it shrinks, so the imperfections are less noticeable.   Tomorrow I'll  begin painting it, weather permitting, I  have a neat trick for making a camouflage pattern. [at1]
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 07:45:06 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2016, 09:11:33 AM »
That looks cool as you know what. I like it a lot! Those tank turrets look great. Great detailing all the way around. Looking forward to the paint job on this.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2016, 04:57:48 PM »
That looks cool as you know what. I like it a lot! Those tank turrets look great. Great detailing all the way around. Looking forward to the paint job on this.
    Many thanks again Tamer! I was a little taken back by the turrets at first, but they grew on me. It's cool they are the same scale as the walker,  it gives it some perspective.

I began painting the DAK AT-ACT today. It was a little too windy, but I pulled through. First I painted it german grey, using Tamiya german grey spray. Then I used Silly Putty to make the masks for the camouflage. Then I sprayed it with Rustoleum camouflage tan, I used that because I didn't really like any of the Tamiya options, and I had plenty of it from my last project. I left the container un camouflaged, to make it stand out a bit, like it doesn't quite belong, like with the AT-ACT.  Next is to weather and decal.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 05:01:28 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2016, 05:57:27 PM »
    I'd say this project is done. First I sanded it slightly using ultra fine wet sand film. Then I added a sand yellow wash, then a black wash. Thats all you need at this scale, if it were bigger I would have done some chipping, and so forth. I added the decals, I just used the ones that I liked, they aren't exactly  matching. Then I gave it two coats of matte clear. I like the way it turned out. I might have to do more WW2 mashups using the Revell AT-ACT kit in the future.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 06:07:52 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2016, 06:23:51 PM »
Holy crap JD the mash up AT-ACT to WW2 is awesome and I especially love the Panzer turrets on the head awesome just awesome.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2017, 08:02:42 AM »
I have liked all of your WW2 Mashups, but this might be my favorite. Really cool JDeck. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2017, 08:41:25 PM »
Holy crap JD the mash up AT-ACT to WW2 is awesome and I especially love the Panzer turrets on the head awesome just awesome.

Ron
      Thanks Ron! When I ordered the parts it was a total crap shoot. Luckily everything fit together as planned.

I have liked all of your WW2 Mashups, but this might be my favorite. Really cool JDeck. Off to share.
      Thanks Tamer! I like how it turned out too, and the size is nice too. Not too small, or too large. I'm thinking of making the Revell AT-AT I have a mashup. I  was going to try and accurize it, but a mashup would be more fun, as long as I keep it simple.