Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 97940 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021
« Reply #375 on: July 15, 2021, 10:15:20 AM »
 Great job Tamer, I saw some of it on YouTube, skipped to your questions as I was short on time.

For them to suggest the Bad Batch are not in fact no-brainers has me scratching my head. Of couse they're no brainers. I don't even buy clones, at all and id buy them  they're the most action figurable characters since Boba Fett. Maybe their being coy, because everything is such a big secret like they're working on the Manhattan Project.
I wish it was more discussion oriented, because a follow up to is Pulse linked to Hasbro would be, why does pulse sell out preorders? To me there seems to be a big disconnect.
But anyway, good job Tamer, thanks for taking the time to deliver our questions.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #376 on: July 16, 2021, 06:29:13 AM »
Your welcome JDeck. It was good to get back into it. I think it was awesome they let slip about the next HasLab Project (2:07 in the video which is on the front pages) and then were pretty much we can't talk about what is coming out later, but still hinted at what is coming out later. It would be interesting if they would do these Q and A Sessions as the reveal sessions themselves rather than they way they do them. I think it would be a lot more fun to ask questions and then have them reveal some things along the interview process.

And yes Bad Batch is a no brainer. It was interesting to see the looks on all the other site questioner's faces when Patrick said that about Bad Batch. Uh, of all the characters to make into the vintage line one would have thought those would have been first. That might be a good follow up when they do release info on em.

Why didn't you release Hunter, Crosshair, Wrecker, Tech, and Echo first for this line?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #377 on: July 16, 2021, 07:01:52 AM »
  The bad batch are basically Star Wars GI JOEs, Hasbro couldn't be given a greater opportunity.   If it were my decision, I would release the entire bad batch in two 3-pack waves. Hunter, Omega, Wrecker in one 3pack. The size and tooling for wrecker would be offset by the smaller omega figure, and the omega figure wouldn't "pegwarm" because it's in a 3pack. Then the second 3pack would be Crosshair, Echo and Tech. Done deal. As far as im concerned they don't need any more BB figures after that, they can go back to doing whater they have planned.

The expression on Patricks face when he slipped the Rancor was priceless. Then he tried to double back as if he didn't just say it. We all pretty much figured out it was a rancor already.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 07:05:48 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #378 on: July 16, 2021, 07:38:23 AM »
I like your idea about the releases of these. Or just do two battlepacks from yesteryear. We have the full good guy squad with Omega and then a bad guy pack with Crosshair and his cronies.

And yes, you could see the look when he realized what he did. I bet he spent the rest of yesterday putting out fires.

Another thing that was interesting was their take on doing figures in animated style. It just ain't happening. Vintage 3.75" line is it for that scale and they are only doing those figures in realistic style. I could see there being a great animated line made out of this, but I guess it will never happen.

I was also glad to hear that they are planning a Black Series X-Wing. Thats another no brainer, that and an AT-ST.

I think the only way we get a Falcon and an AT-AT is with a HasLab Project. I wish their first Black Series HasLab Project would have been a bit grander in scale as I think a Rancor wouldn't have been out of the realm of possiblities to release for the anniversary of ROTJ here in a few years. Still a Rancor will be cool. Trying to decide if I want and/or have the space for it. I bet the unlocks will be cool for it to.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #379 on: July 16, 2021, 08:28:36 AM »
Yeah i think the Rancor will be really awesome. I imagine articulated hands, jaw along with everything else. Probably some accessories like the leg bone or a half eated gamorean guard or something. Maybe a pack in figure like rancor keeper.  Not my scale, but I'm very curious though. My wallet can live without another tvc haslab for a while.

Yeah 3.75 5poa cartoon lines are done. To be honest if I were 6 years old I'd be all into the mission fleet, you get a figure and a decent looking vehicle.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #380 on: July 17, 2021, 03:18:23 AM »
Not my scale, but I'm very curious though. My wallet can live without another tvc haslab for a while.

Amen!

So happy for all 6 inch fans & collectors! I suppose they'll add wire to the fingers as they did on the Legacy Collection 1/18 scale version. That might be a better aesthetic than joints for the fingers. Very curious if there'll be tier goals and if so which ones. Half-eaten Gamorrean sounds good to me! Malakili, Giran and Twi#lek dancer sound even better to me!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #381 on: July 17, 2021, 05:35:35 AM »
 There's already people out there complaining that it's not a TVC haslab. The RazorCrest is still in production lol. 
 Yeah they'll probably do some kind of hidden hand articulation. Im thinking it'll be like a plastic skeleton, but with a rubber shell or glove, similar to the black series jabba. The "bendums" style wire would not be fitting of the haslab quality, i would hope. You figure this will probably be a $300 thing. Not terribly big, 15 inches maybe. Don't want to end up like the 6 inch tie and go to crap after a month.  Even Hot Toys has issues with their rubber skin breaking down over time. Hasbro had similar issues with the elite series or whatever they were called they had vader and luke, then quit the project.  I dunno, we'll see.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 05:43:29 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #382 on: February 09, 2022, 09:44:05 AM »
Here are the notes I took for the latest Hasbro Livestream:

Notes:

Seven Item Reveals only

The Black Series up first

Archive Collection the Greatest Hits

First Wave OTC

1. C3PO with attention to the paint detail

2. ROTJ Lando in Skiff Guard Disguise

3. TESB Dengar

4. ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Talked about full illustrations on the back of the package, but didn't show us any.

Available for pre-order tomorrow at 1PM

5. Gaming Greats Jedi Fallen Order Night Brother Archer

available for pre-order at Gamestop tomorrow at 1PM

The Vintage Collection

6. Reissue 501st Clone Trooper on a TCW Card (removeable helmet)

Hinting that they think this will be an army builder

Available for pre-order tomorrow at 1PM

7. Playset Pulse Exclusive Throne Room Jabba's Palace

Deluxe Carded Bib Fortuna

50 accessories

Boba Throne

Dais Platform

It is huge twenty inches long by ten.five inches wide by ten inches tall

Barbacue Spit

Price is $229.99

Pulse will start in Germany soon

tvc anakin skywalker from Episode 2

TVC Mandalorain Commando

Black Series Archive

TFA Han Solo

ANH Chewbacca

ANH Grand Moff Tarkin

Boushh Leia

New Black Series

Aayla Secura

CW Season 7 Darth Maul

Saw Gerrera

March 27th Din and Grogu

Next Week in final week of Bonus Bounties

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #383 on: February 09, 2022, 03:55:51 PM »
I think the jabba's palace is fantastic, but I already made one that is custom made to fit on my shelf, with plenty of room for all my guys. This one is a whole lot better, but also bigger. I just want it for the accessories, but $230 plus tax is a lot. Since it's pulse exclusive, i can't wait for it to clearence out. I just spent about that much yesterday on their morak drivers.  I wish I could, it's great but I really shouldn't.

I invented a new drinking game where you take a drink everytime they say celebrate. Buzz words!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 04:22:51 PM by JDeck »

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #384 on: February 09, 2022, 06:03:20 PM »
If the throne room was about $130-$150 cheaper, I would get one. As I get older, I can think of a lot of other/better things I can spend my $$ on.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #385 on: February 10, 2022, 03:49:26 AM »
Yeah, it is awesome there is no doubt about that. I kept hoping to hear it was around the $150 price point. I think folks might have stomached that.

This is probably gonna be one of those items like the Sail Barge that go for outrageous prices after this though. I still look for it to sell out.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #386 on: June 24, 2022, 09:02:11 AM »
Just wonderin'...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #387 on: June 26, 2022, 05:14:42 AM »
And how about we make em not store exclusives so some of us can get em. There is no way I will get that Blue X-Wing.

Of course I haven't been asked to join them for awhile. I wonder if they will start this again?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 05:16:33 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #388 on: October 29, 2022, 03:40:07 AM »
Livestream today at 11AM EST

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #389 on: October 30, 2022, 01:44:14 PM »
The live stream felt professional to me because it was straight forward and didn't feel like wasted time.
Happy to celebrate the new reveals and am especially happy for all the Black Series fans out there.
Bastila Shan and Darth Malak are a welcome addition to the Gaming Greats lineup and look well done.
Doctor Aphra was such a smart repack with additional accessories and Mara Jade will perform excellently, too.

Who knows why the brand team decided to make an all new Z-94 Speeder Bike for the Vintage Collection. But they did a great job. I like the one from 2012 a lot as I said in my review.
Maybe they lost the tooling, maybe Toys R Us took the exclusive rights for it with them to the grave.
Or they wanted to update the display stand to make it a small version of the Black Series one.

I think with a life-long patience, it's a good time to be a collector. Age may vary.