Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 96464 times)

Offline kalzeth

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of San Diego Comic Con 2017
« Reply #270 on: July 25, 2017, 12:15:30 PM »
Awesome job although I think Hasbro misunderstood my question or I am really surprised by their answer. Mine was the one about building excitement. Does that answer mean even if completely unrelated to new movies Disney controls the release of new information. For instance if Sim Aloo is coming as a vintage figure in 2018, Disney gets to tell Hasbro when they can tell us?

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #271 on: July 25, 2017, 07:22:25 PM »
Thanks for this!

Can't say I'm surprised with Action Fleets not returning. Still disappointing nonetheless.

Found it intriguing that they were possibly talking about more good guy army builders, so I hope that means more pilots.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of Toy Fair 2018
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2017, 05:12:59 AM »
As always there will be some answers we don't like, some that make us curious, and some we do like. It is just too bad we don't have a longer time slot for the questions, but still they do give us a nugget now and then.

For those of you who haven't listened yet here is the link:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/isysdcc2017hasbro.mp3
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:43:08 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2018, 03:44:50 AM »
Guys we just got our invite for the Hasbro Presentation at Toy Fair. Dan won't be able to make it this year, but I do believe I have a great back up plan.

Please get your burning questions in here so we can present them after the panels are over. I know my burning one is this:

When are we gonna see the AT-M6 and in what scale? The bigger the better please!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #274 on: January 17, 2018, 06:08:05 AM »
Anyone have any questions? I have about half a million about the new vintage line.

1. Does Hasbro plan to release all of the original figures they didn't get around too the last time the vintage line was here? (AT-AT Driver hint hint)

2. Besides the basic action figure line, what other goodies will receive the vintage packaging treatment?

3. Of course you knew this was coming. Will the vintage basic figure line feature super-articulated figures only?

4. How long do you plan to continue the vintage line this time (saying forever will be fine)?

5. Are there any "Kenner" releases that you plan on "rereleasing" in the modern vintage figure line?

Trust me folks you had better add some as I am just getting warmed up.

Offline kalzeth

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #275 on: January 17, 2018, 10:41:33 PM »
How does the long gap between Solo and E9 affect their plans/ choices/ approach to the 3.75” line?

Why so much secrecy in their approach to lines and figures? The collecting community believes more transparency and engagement would be beneficial. (At least I hope we do)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #276 on: January 18, 2018, 04:31:49 AM »
Part of the reason for secrecy is corporate and Lucasfilm. There are legal gag orders in place regarding line selections. Most of it is aimed at making sure other licensees don't steal their thunder so to speak.

Offline kalzeth

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #277 on: January 18, 2018, 10:44:51 PM »
Of course for a new movie but why for releases of VC and new waves. Talking about prereleases way in advance would give a ton of excitement. HT announces preorders over a year out. Telling us that the next CC wave will have yakface shouldn’t bother Disney or Lucas at all

Part of the reason for secrecy is corporate and Lucasfilm. There are legal gag orders in place regarding line selections. Most of it is aimed at making sure other licensees don't steal their thunder so to speak.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #278 on: January 19, 2018, 04:58:49 AM »
Same reason. Even with the vintage items they don't want to let the proverbial cat out of the bag as other SW Licensees could copy. If you haven't watched the toys that made us on Netflix it is very educational about the history of Kenner and Hasbro with the first episode. I learned a lot the past few weeks and I have been around this stuff for years.

Besides corporate stealing, another reason is they want folks to show up to the toy conventions and fairs and so on to get the news and they get to disseminate how much and what type of info they give us. And at these cons and conventions there is always one tease or more to keep us coming back.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 05:12:48 AM by Tamer »

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #279 on: January 29, 2018, 02:51:21 AM »
My question to HASBRO would be this:

Why do you even bother anymore?

Anyone can do it better and cheaper. Just look at the "stupid" RAMPAGE line. Its like a revolution in Price vs. Product. But then again this is the company that dropped GI-JOE and also the entire concept behind it: A VEHICLE LINE WITH FIGURES AS THE ACCESSORIES... Something stolen from KENNER  whom stole it from FISHER PRICE (ADVENTURE PEOPLE).

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #280 on: January 29, 2018, 03:08:17 AM »
I am kinda wondering if we might see a REBELS TIE Defender after seeing so much about it on the latest series. Talk about one cool tie!

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #281 on: January 30, 2018, 01:18:46 AM »
Man I've been wanting that tie as a toy since the first time I saw it on a video game cover in the mid 1990's

I don't care if its out of scale... The defender would be my #1 SW vehicle want. 

If they put that out and the mining guild tie I would be very happy to pay.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #282 on: January 30, 2018, 03:12:20 AM »
Yepper, liked that mining guild tie too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #283 on: January 30, 2018, 03:13:02 AM »
Any chance we can see a return of mini rigs (of course done in a modern style) to coincide with the return of the vintage line? Folks would love it!

Offline talonreap

• Ensign
  • Clone Wars / Imperial Enthusiast
« Reply #284 on: February 01, 2018, 12:33:40 PM »
The TIE Defender is amazing and I'd love to see it realized in plastic one day! However, my question is with regards to Clone Wars and TVC: I know the first few waves are dedicated to repacks, "new media", and OT characters, but when could we expect some CW characters on Vintage cardbacks?

I know folks would love to see the likes of Cad Bane, Pre Viszla, Gregor, ARC Trooper Fives, and Pong Krell.

Also, as a follow up: Does the "new media" include Rogue One? I had heard rumors of a Blue Squadron pilot and Melshi as possibilities for TVC.

Thanks so much! And I'd love to see any comments here on the Yards as to what you guys think of these possibilities and what eras/films you'd like to see covered in TVC!