Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 96466 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of Toy Fair 2017
« Reply #240 on: February 20, 2017, 07:50:01 AM »
  There are some advantages to the press conference setting. You get to hear a variety questions from other sites. I guess with the smaller events they go with the group setting, but the larger events are probably one on one. Im sure they have to answer the same questions multiple times, might as well get them out the way all at once.
   I'm not complaining, I thought it was good. Just never really know how the format will be. I think they know that the huge gargantuan vehicles were a bust. They sort of mumbled when someone broght up the big millennium falcon and big at-at, and how they would sell better.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:06:25 AM by JDeck »

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2017, 11:02:13 AM »
Does anybody know who the German dude is they are talking about?
I think I heard a name, but it sure enough is not me they are talking to.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2017, 11:04:21 AM »
Does anybody know who the German dude is they are talking about?
I think I heard a name, but it sure enough is not me they are talking to.

I forget the name, but he is the head of Hasbro's German branch.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #243 on: February 21, 2017, 03:23:07 AM »
They sent me the Star Wars Images yesterday. On the front page.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2017, 08:33:06 PM »
I have a question, I know its way too early for, I guess SDCC 2017, but I wanted to write this down before I forget. I want to know, feel free to rewrite this better. Is Hasbro confined, by Lucasfilm,  to characters represented in the post special edition versions?  For example could Hasbro make a puppet version Sy Snootles, or Sebastian Shaw Anakin? Or could they make a "Wolfman" cantina patron? If they wanted to, or better yet if we want them too, ideally.
  Speaking of Max Rebo band, would they ever undo the body configuration on Max Rebo, that Kenner got wrong? It was originally intended for Max's "hands" to actually be his feet, and his "ears" were actually flippers. Or is that so far intrenched its basically canon? Personally the way it was originally intended, is much more interesting than an elephant in a diaper.
  Just a couple of questions that I can't help but wonder.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:00:06 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #245 on: May 03, 2017, 02:25:05 AM »
Its never too early to start the questions again.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #246 on: May 10, 2017, 08:23:03 PM »
I have a an update to my last question the Ortolan (Max Rebo) species does not have arms, as perceived. In the Kanan comic series it depicts an Ortolan sitting in a prison cell. So my question still remains if Hasbro will fix Kenner's mistake, and go with the original intended (canon) configuration of Max Rebo.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 08:29:19 PM by JDeck »

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #247 on: May 15, 2017, 03:50:23 PM »
My question for Hasbro since its now the 40th Anniversary of anh and the vintage collection is back , does Hasbro plan to re release and vtc vehicles like the Slave one   X-wing , tie fighter , falcon and both versions of the At-At walker at retail prices  instead of what Amazon is selling them for .

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #248 on: May 16, 2017, 01:52:13 AM »
Artie, from what I understand it is back to the cheaper, what I call knock off, vehicles but just in vintage packaging now. It is a great question though.

I mean look at that new AT-ACT. I heard Amazon finally sold it for fifty bucks the other day to get rid of it. I mean Hasbro even discounted it to $150 which is 50% off.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #249 on: May 16, 2017, 05:05:43 AM »
Artie, from what I understand it is back to the cheaper, what I call knock off, vehicles but just in vintage packaging now. It is a great question though.

I mean look at that new AT-ACT. I heard Amazon finally sold it for fifty bucks the other day to get rid of it. I mean Hasbro even discounted it to $150 which is 50% off.

Lol. Thats sad. I love it when Hasbro tells consumers what consumers will or won't buy, kinda cracks me up. Like some Jedi mindtrick. You don't want a BAT-AT, for $150, you want an AT-ACT, for $300. I really don't get it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 05:12:51 AM by JDeck »

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #250 on: May 25, 2017, 07:53:17 PM »
Apparently some stores even had them down to $20!!!!  :o I hate the undersized thing, but would have picked one up at that price.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #251 on: May 26, 2017, 02:00:27 AM »
Apparently some stores even had them down to $20!!!!  :o I hate the undersized thing, but would have picked one up at that price.

Or two or three. I can't seem to find em anywhere at that price.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of San Diego Comic Con 2017
« Reply #252 on: June 29, 2017, 06:58:32 AM »
We just received confirmation we will be attending again so if you have any questions for the Brand Team now is the time to get em posted!

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:13:35 AM by Tamer »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2017, 07:19:54 AM »
We just received confirmation we will be attending again so if you have any questions for the Brand Team now is the time to get em posted!

Dear Hasbro,

My question to you is in relation to the large weapon pack ins for the 5poa action figure line.  While I have no problem with an action figure coming with the weapons that they are shown to possess in whatever Star Wars content that they appeared in, as a parent I am concerned with your choice of bonus pack ins that are coming with these figures.  Even as a strong believer in gun rights, I think that these large weapons that come with these figures are a bit too much.   With all the glorification of violence in our culture and things like the recent school shootings that are occurring throughout the country, I would really appreciate pack ins of a different nature. There are plenty of small Star Wars creatures that would use the same amount of plastic that kids would enjoy just as much. Creature pack ins might encourage play based around empathy and caregiving and may draw in more female fans as well. I think even adult collectors would enjoy creature pack ins to diversify their dioramas or displays.  What are the chances of Hasbro taking the pack ins in a more constructive direction like this and leaving these large guns behind for good?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2017, 05:47:45 AM »
Hmmm...thought there would be more here now. Is anyone wondering this?

We understand and are very excited for the Vintage Line being returned. How many Star Wars Product Lines will be getting the vintage treatment?

Can we assume this vintage line will be available at all retailers (not like just Wal Mart for the articulated Black Series?

Will this new vintage line feature fully articulated figures?

How long can we expect the vintage line to last?

I have a lot of vintage questions!

And on the asking note, we are all done getting registered and signed up. Todd is going to have a special session with the brand team on Saturday. I am assuming it will be a podcast recording pretty much like we did last year.