Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 96479 times)

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of September 11, 2016
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2016, 07:31:56 AM »
1- With the release of TBS 6 inch Darth Revan later this year (which looks fantastic from what they've shown us so far) is there any possibility getting more Knights of the Old Republic figures in the future whether it be 6 inch or 3.75? I understand Hasbro has a lot of Star Wars movies to keep up with these days, but the demand for Kotor figures still seems as strong as ever with Revan (and Bastila Shan a couple years back) winning fan's choice polls 10 years after the game was released.

2- Any plans on eventually including some sort of basic figure stands with TBS 6 inch figures?

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2016, 07:09:55 PM »
Thanks Tamer... and here's a bit of an add-on for my 3rd question... or you could consider this a standalone question, I'm not sure.

4 - Why is Hasbro thinking that for the "kids line" that gimmicks are needed to sell the product?  BAD weapons, NERF features, big cannons that hurt the look of the toys, etc. (at least the Rebels Imperial Speeder's missile launcher is removable).  We've seen time and time again that good product will sell itself.  If you feel you have to add in more play value and add investment to do that, why not go back to a bit more articulation, or accessories that are useful to the figure (extra meaningful weapon, removable hats, etc.).  The current approach seems to be turning off more Star Wars consumers than it's adding... and a significant piece of the "kid market" is actually adults, but large numbers of us do not want to these features that take away from the toys... you didn't used to do these things, so why are you now?  It's like Commtech Chips, action features, etc... ideas that really aren't that great or they would not have been halted.  In other words, NERF features on the vehicles especially is a major eyesore (i.e. TIE Striker).

5 - When it became obvious that Wave 2 of the TFA figures were causing a logjam, why weren't Hasbro reps sent out to pull some of those figures off the pegs and replace with the figures people were seeking, such as the Han Solo wave, and later unmasked Kylo Ren wave?  Many people STILL have never seen those at retail.  Isn't that alarming?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:25:22 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #197 on: October 02, 2016, 05:13:56 AM »
Keep em coming guys, I will sort em and get em sent off to Dan here before too long so the more the merrier!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #198 on: October 02, 2016, 05:25:44 AM »
Here is another I have based on the new 5 poa Stormtrooper:

Can we hopefully assume the Rogue One articulated Stormtrooper we will see in the Wal Mart Black Series line will feature the same awesome helmet that is on the regular Rogue One version? It is already being heralded as the best 3.75" Stormtrooper Helmet of all time!

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2016, 06:51:22 PM »
And a semi-follow up on that topic...

Has Hasbro considered doing "dynamic" poses for the 5 POA line? Instead of the "Frankenstein's Monster" arms, how about a Stormtrooper that could hold his rife with both arms at attention?

They did this on Sabine to some degree, as the one elbow is bent, and the pose looks very natural. It would be really nice to see more of that in the 5 POA line!

(I hate 5 POA, but even I would be down for well sculpted Stormtroopers who are capable at guarding something...As compared to dancing thriller.)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #200 on: October 04, 2016, 03:10:32 AM »
Ok folks, I aim to wrap this up this morning and get the questions sent to Dan by noon so the submission deadline is 10:35 PM Eastern this morning.

I think we have enough to keep the Brand Team going for two different appointments, but well see!

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #201 on: October 04, 2016, 04:47:47 AM »
Hasbro , with a focus on a new movie ever year, this leave little room for out beloved NEW  Orginal Trilogy figures.   Can we please remember in the future selection   To ADD some NEW 100%  original Trilogy sculpt to the 3 3/4 line.  Suggestion: 
At Least one New Sculpted Cantina or perhaps one jabba palace figures are Need to added to the 3 3/4 Black  line to round it out every year .

Hasbro ,  When we caught wind that we were
Getting a NEW SA multipack with five NEW figures.
We all got super excited for it. Although it was reveal to be the Astro droids set, many of us were hoping it was Cantina aliens  with 5 NEW SA Sculpted Aliens we have not gotten  before . We would love to see some focus on 3 3/4 back series collector pack.
Example
Would be.   ( Athloe, Tzizvvit, Ariel Schous, Reefesk, and Rycard)
Lov

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2016, 07:31:57 AM »
Here's another one, I think I am under the wire here...

6 - Why don't we see more accessories in the 3.75" lineup?  Even if they were some sort of "Direct to Consumer" format, there are endless possibilities on items that would make for wonderful diorama filler for the market.  Computer consoles, chairs, crates, etc.  And most of these could just be one solid piece of plastic, so you would not have to create a bunch of pieces for factory workers to assemble.  Just mass produce the single piece of plastic and add paint. 

7 - Kids and adults love construction themed toys.  How about some sort of "build your own playset" line where people could purchase pieces to build their own sets?  Kind of like plastic model kits, just a bit more durable so once assembled they could actually be "played" with some.  Curious why nothing is being done by the Hasbro team when there are so many other toy brands making awesome playsets these days, yet Star Wars fans are left looking to 3rd parties or their own creative abilities.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2016, 07:47:26 AM »
Ok folks, feel free to add questions, but I am taking all that have been asked so far for our two Q and A rounds. We will get any additional ones asked for the next Q and A Round Up.

Offline PadawanPainter

• Lieutenant
    • Instagram
« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2016, 03:13:37 PM »
I'll never buy 5POA...aka 5POS.

It still boggles my mind that we went from super-articulated golden age of the #41 clonetrooper and the Vintage Collection to the low-quality garbage they put out now.  It's unreal.  But I suppose that's what happens when a big corporate marketing/executive board makes decisions instead of listening to a well-established consumer base.

I want to protest

My chant will be:

5POA ... Go Away!!
5POA ... Go Away!!
5POA ... Go Away!!
5POA ... Go Away!!
5POA ... Go Away!!

Offline PadawanPainter

• Lieutenant
    • Instagram
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2016, 03:21:56 PM »
Even as a child, I hated that gimmicky crap like some giant, oddly-fitting nerf-dart shooter.  I ALWAYS preferred accurate models, and just made my own sound effects.

I mean, dude, even Ewan McGregor was making his own lightsaber noises while filming......

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2016, 02:51:11 AM »
We will continue to let them know of our dissatisfaction with 5poa. I was left, after the last q and a, thinking the Brand Team hated the 5 poa as much as we do, but sensing the only freedom they had to add more arty at all was in the black series, or other retailer exclusive lines. We will keep plugging away at it. Evidently they are making enough at retail with the 5 poa though that they seem like they aren't going away anytime soon.

Dan has the questions folks. He might be running to get to the party tonight as the train station he uses is still shut down, so wish him luck as he descends on the party tonight!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #207 on: October 08, 2016, 07:31:22 AM »

Offline KIM

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2016, 02:38:50 AM »
Nice interview but nothing concrete. I can't understand why they didn't bring out any TVC figures to coincide with Rogue One since they have the molds already

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #209 on: October 09, 2016, 07:36:17 AM »
Nice interview but nothing concrete. I can't understand why they didn't bring out any TVC figures to coincide with Rogue One since they have the molds already

Yeah, I was a bit underwhelmed after the last google hangout we did. I am really gonna gear em up for more of that. They really answered questions when I was live.