Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 96467 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of September 11, 2016
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2016, 03:17:43 AM »
Wow, Jodo! There is always a New Hope! LOL!

Folks, I wish you could have seen the hangout so you can see there is indeed hope. I will try to word some of these that will get the gist of your message across and perhaps get an answer.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2016, 07:56:10 PM »
LOL, I'm always focused on the negative side of things!  :P

Here's a question...Has Hasbro considered some sort of middle ground for articulation? Instead of a 5 POA line VS the exclusive SA line, what about 8 points? (Elbows, shoulders, head, waist, and knees)

The price would increase slightly, but then perhaps more people would be happy, and there would be more playability as well.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #182 on: September 23, 2016, 02:05:41 AM »
All we can do is keep after them!

Remember they said to do that to get what we want so we are gonna sound like a broken record until full articulation comes back to all figure lines, we get to scale 3.75" vehicles again, and even see a vintage cardback or three!

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #183 on: September 23, 2016, 07:37:19 AM »
All right, people.
Sound off:
AR-TI-CU-LA-TION...AR-TI-CU-LA-TION...SU-PER AR-TI-CU-LA-TION!
Nothing less.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #184 on: September 24, 2016, 05:09:45 AM »
Volker is right. I need to prove its not just me making it up. Keep posting about what you want to see. They are reading these forums and also looking at our social channels!

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2016, 07:38:33 AM »
Here's my FB group CAFPOA - Collectors Against Five Points Of Articulation.
No flame war against Hasbro, but at present 374 customizers and collectors who want super articulation in Star Wars action figures.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/589043721234360/?fref=ts

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2016, 05:12:25 PM »
This isnt a question, but an observation, to anyone listening. Hasbro  makes a $300 AT-ACT , that comes with 5poa figures. That kinda makes the affordability of the 5poa figures pointless. The whole purpose of 5poa is making figures affordable to kids, yet, they throw Nerf guns and Android  apps on a vehicle and double or triple the cost. Makes no sense.  Its kind of like those Cadillac trucks.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:12:53 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2016, 05:50:47 AM »
Anymore questions? Dan will meet with Hasbro for us twice to talk with the Hasbro Star Wars Brand Team this week. I know we will be plugging articulation and articulation and articulation, but lets get him a couple more good well thought out questions in here.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2016, 06:45:45 AM »
Question One:
Since there is no WalMart in Germany, importers are charging between 35 and 40 EUR for a recent 3.75" BS figure. How can Hasbro assure access to BS figures in Germany at normal rates?

Question Two:
Would Hasbro accept our help in selecting the most desired figures for re-release in the 3.75" BS line?

Question Three:
Is there a chance we will see figure multipacks in the 3.75" BS line?
No, not astromechs like in that EE exclusive multipack, but real figures.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2016, 03:06:41 AM »
Lets keep these questions going! We are gonna see the Hasbro team twice next week! Dan can really keep after them!

Offline KIM

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2016, 01:25:04 PM »
I've not bought any TFA yet preferring the OT, as the SW universe expands the chances of getting the figures you want gets slimmer. Will it be a case of TVC releases coinciding with the Anthology movies and TFA figures with EP8 onwards?

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2016, 02:04:07 PM »
Question One:
Since there is no WalMart in Germany, importers are charging between 35 and 40 EUR for a recent 3.75" BS figure. How can Hasbro assure access to BS figures in Germany at normal rates?

Question Two:
Would Hasbro accept our help in selecting the most desired figures for re-release in the 3.75" BS line?

Question Three:
Is there a chance we will see figure multipacks in the 3.75" BS line?
No, not astromechs like in that EE exclusive multipack, but real figures.

Question Four:
What was the reason for changing the packaging of the 3.75" BS figures from bubble on cardback to box? It seems that bubble on cardback would be more cost effective than the box.

Question Five:
Is it likely that we will be able to purchase accessory packs like Clone Army, Imperial, Rebel, Smuggler, Jedi, Sith etc to outfit 3.75" action figures with additional weapons, helmets, softgoods? These do not have to be WalMart exclusives and could be used with past, present and future figure lines, SA as well as 5POA.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:10:54 PM by Commander_Kurgan »

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2016, 10:39:53 PM »
I had some login issues so I could not submit questions before... but I can get in now (thanks Tamer!).  Hopefully I'm not too late to the party.

1 - It feels like we are long overdue for a new 3.75" Wampa AND Probe Droid.  Will this be happening before too long?  The Wampa could be scaled down from the awesome 6" scale version, and as for a Probe Droid... the POTF2 mold is very much outdated... both of these could probably fit in 6" Black Series boxes if that helps!

2 - The new 3.75" Rogue One figures are a step in the right direction... much better quality in terms of sculpts, paint applications, and even some minor upgrades in articulation.  One thing though, why do some of these figures have a "hard plastic torso" while others do not?  If we could choose, the figures would have soft torsos... this is because paint apps match better with the arms/legs (which are always the softer plastic), but ALSO... us customizers will buy a lot more!  Even of the pegwarmers.  So can you please consider this?  An example would be both Wave 1 and Wave 2 Jyn... she has a soft torso so we can pop off her arms and replace with another... but for a figure like Cassian, we can't.  Both his Wave 2 figure and U-Wing pack-in have super hard torsos that do not soften when warmed up.

3 - While at TRU Midnight Madness, there were about 25 people there... lots of 3.75" figures sold, as did the 6" TBS... but people were lamenting over not being able to get many 3.75" TBS figures anymore, and fellow collectors talked about their feelings about the NERF feature on the Tie Striker and A-Wing... to put it mildly, not a single one of those vehicles sold that night.  The manager noticed - and asked people why were not picking those up... they were quite open and blunt about this and explained how the aesthetics of these vehicles has been affected.  That being said, is the NERF feature something that is planned long-term, or are you looking to see how the market reacts? 

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #193 on: September 30, 2016, 10:58:46 PM »
Good questions Chewie! Here's something that came to mind on my drive home this evening:

Does Hasbro have any plans to offer any Rebel army builders in the 6 inch line? IE Rebel Fleet Troopers, Hoth Rebels, or Endor Rebels?

Even despite the fact I don't like those figures in the slightest, I find it strange there hasn't been any OT Rebel troopers...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2016, 04:44:59 AM »
Glad to see Chewie got back in here. We will add the questions to our list.