Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 96516 times)

Offline KIM

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of September 11, 2016
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2016, 10:19:00 AM »
Good job on your questions, while I didn't get an answer for my question it wasn't wasted, I'll put it down to experience for next time. The fact that they're considering re releasing some of the OT figures to coincide with Rogue One is the best news for me :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2016, 10:43:44 AM »
Good job on your questions, while I didn't get an answer for my question it wasn't wasted, I'll put it down to experience for next time. The fact that they're considering re releasing some of the OT figures to coincide with Rogue One is the best news for me :)

This was great fun and thank you for your comments. I have definitely been left with a sour taste in my mouth after the responses, or lack thereof, to our questions. We definitely didn't get that this time out and I really felt like they were interested in our suggestions and ideas!

Offline Jake James

• Cadet
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2016, 04:21:05 AM »
Thanks for the information!  You have to love the fact that your passion and hard work has paid off in an amazing web site and now the ability to attend toy fairs and have the chance to talk directly to Hasbro now!  Keep up the great work!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2016, 04:44:11 AM »
Why thank you James. I am pretty proud of out little place in the galaxy!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2016, 05:47:13 AM »
First off thanks Tamer, for the time you took, and Hasbro for lending your ear.
  I didnt get this question in on time, meybe next time. What exclusive rights does Walmart have? Is it just the "black series" label  or SA 3.75" in general? In other words is it first possible to have sa 3.75 outside of walmart and will it happen. I know EE had astromech exclusives but they arent exactly figures from a technical  standpoint. Im just very synical of Walmart im a free market capitalist and all, but walmart gets a lot of special privlages.
    Is it a matter of retailers requesting sa 3.75 or is it up to Hasbro/walmart on who gets them. Or is it that hasbro wants to push 6" so hard they took 3.75 out of the equation so they dont compete with themselves. The last q+a they hinted at other retailers carrying them, of course no real definative answer.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:39:48 AM by JDeck »

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2016, 09:59:16 AM »
JDeck read my mind perfectly.
I'm sorry if I'm coming across angry and confrontational at the moment, because that's how I feel towards Hasbro.
It has, however, nothing to do with this board or its staff.

I'm happy that Hasbro is releasing 4 SA figures in the BS line which were hard to find as TVC figures and I suggest we should compile a list of TVC and Legacy figures which we would like to see re-released.
We all know that we would buy multiples of them...if we can find them at retail.
Let's imagine that Hasbro and WalMart can fix their distribution problems and we will be able to buy the figures.

We should convey the message to Hasbro that this forum alone has so much talent among its membership that in addition to re-releases we can come up with a whole bunch of innovative and cool figures made up from existing parts so that no new tooling would be necessary while Hasbro can concentrate on developing really new SA figures.
Although I'm more than half sure that Hasbro won't adopt this concept, all they can give us is a negative or evading answer.

My two cents.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2016, 11:11:55 AM »
JDeck read my mind perfectly.
I'm sorry if I'm coming across angry and confrontational at the moment, because that's how I feel towards Hasbro.
It has, however, nothing to do with this board or its staff.

I'm happy that Hasbro is releasing 4 SA figures in the BS line which were hard to find as TVC figures and I suggest we should compile a list of TVC and Legacy figures which we would like to see re-released.
We all know that we would buy multiples of them...if we can find them at retail.
Let's imagine that Hasbro and WalMart can fix their distribution problems and we will be able to buy the figures.

We should convey the message to Hasbro that this forum alone has so much talent among its membership that in addition to re-releases we can come up with a whole bunch of innovative and cool figures made up from existing parts so that no new tooling would be necessary while Hasbro can concentrate on developing really new SA figures.
Although I'm more than half sure that Hasbro won't adopt this concept, all they can give us is a negative or evading answer.

My two cents.
What a fantastic idea ,I completely agree with Commander_Kurgan  . If Hasbro truly reads these posts  they will see the level of quality that the customizers put into their figures.   Tamer should you be doing another sit down again  you should make this recommendation or as an idea that Hasbro work together with some really good customizers to share what parts  they used to create a certain figure so we can get the figures we want in 3.75 sa . It would def keep cost down.    Also  Tamer i would like to express something , while i get we all need to be polite  and courteous when asking questions to Hasbro  i really think some questions should  be left unaltered ( obviously without being to hateful ) to let Hasbro know exactly  the level of frustration that the Collectors have in the treatment of the 3.75 sa . That distribution problems have not been corrected which is  a big key, and  that is destroying the line . And that collectors are telling them what we want  instead of them assuming they know what we want.  Just my opinion . 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:17:54 AM by mr.Jedi1977 »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2016, 05:45:35 PM »
   The thing about all this is it takes Hasbro 12-18 months to develope a figure. And you have a new movie coming out every year. So they are probably  making figure  concepts for the Han Solo anthology film already. However we cant even ask questions about rogue one figures or 40th anniversary  whatever, everything is  such a damn secret. Thats not exactly  Hasbro's fault LF puts a gag order on them.  See what im saying? So what kind of questions do they want us to ask?

I do like the idea of a Hasbro's greatest hits. Just reproduce the best selling most popular and hardest to find figures from previous series'.

I wonder to what degree is lucasfilms' involvement reguarding figures? Do they determine figure size? I know George Lucas was heavily involved with marketing figures, thats why we had 3.75 to begin with, instead of doll size 12". Soon after Disney buys Star Wars they all the sudden change course dramatically. 

I would like to know why they decided to focus on 6" when 3.75 had been so successful over the past several years. And now they only have sa 3.75 in exclusive  form.  It doesn't make sense, if it aint broke don't  fix it. It just seems very strange to me. Rationally  you would keep sa 3.75 in high production and have the 6" in exclusive form. Hasbro had a virtual monopoly on 3.75, and an established fan base. But 6" has several competitors, and it was uncharted territory.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:32:55 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2016, 05:18:01 AM »
I love the idea of sitting down with Hasbro and seeing if we can help them keep their costs down and get SA back in our figures. On that note after talking about it with the team here is what I was left with:

1. 5 POA is around to stay in the regular figure line.
2. They don't like this any more than we do.
3. The Black Series Line is about the only line they have any "wiggle room" to explore other things.
4. Wal-Mart seems to be their best retailer and orders the most figures so in some way they are gonna get some privileges.
5. 6" is now their main cash cow and it ain't going anywhere and will be the main focus for at least the foreseeable future. We 3.75" folks are gonna have to work in this world now and get over our hurt at having our main line replaced.

I love the dialog here. Folks, we can work with em. We need to use professional criticism and not blatant flaming to do it and understand that there are some factors and boxes Hasbro is not allowed to leave. Many times they are getting flamed because of issues that Disney or Lucasfilm or even their retailers place on them. On that note, I think we need to find out who the main Wal-Mart Toy Person is as distribution issues at this point can be pointed that way as well. Hasbro is making em folks, but the retailers are not always getting them in their stores.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2016, 01:59:47 PM »
Question One:
Since there is no WalMart in Germany, importers are charging between 35 and 40 EUR for a recent 3.75" BS figure. How can Hasbro assure access to BS figures in Germany at normal rates?

Question Two:
Would Hasbro accept our help in selecting the most desired figures for re-release in the 3.75" BS line?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:05:33 PM by Commander_Kurgan »
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2016, 02:37:36 AM »
Good questions Volker, they will be on our list when we go back to Hasbro for two, not one, but two new sessions with Hasbro for New York Comic Con. Get your questions in folks!

We got our official invite yesterday,

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2016, 07:18:16 AM »
my question was asked last time but was brushed over so i would like to try again .  Question If we will not be getting certain figures from the vintage collection as repacks ,  Is there a way to stop amazon from charging extremely high  (scalping ) prices on vintage figures and  collectables.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2016, 02:18:39 AM »
my question was asked last time but was brushed over so i would like to try again .  Question If we will not be getting certain figures from the vintage collection as repacks ,  Is there a way to stop amazon from charging extremely high  (scalping ) prices on vintage figures and  collectables.

We will ask it, but for those types of questions we always get we can't talk about the prices our retailers charge for our products after we ship them out. That one might be better suited for a new google hangout where I can look them in the eye and see how they respond. Its a good question though.

On another note, is anyone besides me wanting to know when the vintage line will return after seeing Mr. Jedi 1977's last batch. Wouldn't it be cool to see TFA and Rogue One Figures on vintage cardbacks. I mean I know we will never stomach the 5 poa figures, but seeing em on vintage cards might help some of us swallow a little bit?

Offline Nicov55

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2016, 05:21:51 AM »
     I would like to know why they decided to focus on 6" when 3.75 had been so successful over the past several years. And now they only have sa 3.75 in exclusive  form.  It doesn't make sense, if it aint broke don't  fix it. It just seems very strange to me. Rationally  you would keep sa 3.75 in high production and have the 6" in exclusive form. Hasbro had a virtual monopoly on 3.75, and an established fan base. But 6" has several competitors, and it was uncharted territory.

That is exactly what i think. I don't like people telling me what i like or need. I never bought any of the 6" stuff and never will. What i like to do is dioramas, army build. And the 6" size makes it quite impossible.
Telling children need 5POA is another absurdity; as a kid i collected GIJoes and the were certainly not 5POA. Giving the consumer no choice so you can lure them towards a product is something i've never seen before. Here in France, neither children nor collectors will buy most of the 6" they release, maybe a couple ones and that's it.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2016, 07:58:48 PM »
I'm so disappointed in the line anymore I can't even think of a question to ask.  :-\

The vehicles I used to love are getting ridiculously out of scale, and the figures I love posing simply can't be posed anymore. Is there any sign of a return to collector oriented 3.75 vehicles? Will the SA 3.75 figures ever be mainstream again? Should I even continue to bother collecting?

I used to joke I should have bought Lego...Now I'm serious. I really should have bought Lego products.