Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 96451 times)

Offline Michiico

• Cadet
  • Why did the clone wars had to come to an end?
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 7, 2015
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2015, 04:36:32 AM »
Will there be a fan's choice poll for the black series 3,75 inch line in the future? Because I am certain all of us collectors can come up with a ton of figures we still want.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 7, 2015
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2015, 08:08:26 AM »

Keep em coming folks. We are even gonna get a new format to submit them this time!

I am kinda wondering about this:

With the success of your 6" TFA TIE Fighter offering, how soon could there be a TFA X-Wing to chase it? Perhaps even do decos of both colors (regular white and blue and then the Black Stealth version)?

Offline Lordtoys

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of Oct. 1st, 2015
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2015, 12:54:15 PM »
As a Toy Player during the 70's and 80's and a Die Hard Collector from the 90's to now, I have spent Thousands upon Thousands of Dollars on the 3.75" SA Figures and Vehicles, you gave us a lot of Great Figures and Vehicles until the last Couple of Years, now all you seem to put out is Trash, Sorry to be Blunt, but if the Shoe Fits, well then it fits. Then to throw insult in our Faces you try to say the 6" Figures are better and throw nothing but these things to us hoping that we would all bite into these Oversized Pieces, and cut back on the things we as Collectors have asked for over and over, Did Hasbro really think that we were gonna shelve all our Collections and Start Over? So the question is, are you going to continue and give us the SA 3.75" Figures and More to Scale Vehicles that we all want for all the Films or do we have to start spending our Money on Something and Someone else?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:57:42 PM by Lordtoys »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2015, 03:21:13 PM »
Lordtoys, we have a similar question ready to go for the 3 and 3/4" SA Line Up. We can add one similar for vehicles too which is a very valid point.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2015, 04:41:24 PM »
I have a few questions meybe they're more like complaints but use them if you'd like.

The plastic on some of the 6"TBS figures seems very soft especially the armored figures. Is it the same plastic you use for 3.75"? Would you consider a harder plastic for droids, helmets and armored figures like stormtroopers?

Do you use 3d scanners or anything like that when developing your figure/vehicle sculpts?

Have you ever thought of collaborating with SideShow collectables or any other premium manufacturer, to make some semi-premium 6" exclusives?

Have you thought about making 1/5 mini helmets? They look pretty cool, if they're correct.

I hear rumors of a "Chrome Series" please enlighten.

(If its not the answer to the previous question)
Will you ever come back with the Vintage Collection with vintage style cardbacks?
 (I know its been asked several times, but no direct answer.)

Will you ever make 3.75" TBS vehicles? If so will they be top quality like some of the exclusives in the past?  ie. TRU "Big wing" TIE Fighter and WM Falcon.

We NEED a 6" ESB Snowtrooper. When?

Any hints on future obscure 6" OT Alien characters?

Why so many 6" clone troopers and no battle droids?

Would you say the target demographic for the Black series line are adult collectors?

With soooo many canon characters not immortalised in 6" form why go with Rebels characters? Also I like ANH Luke but that will make Luke #6.

Would you like my 6" figure wish list?

I have more questions but they're more like suggestions, and I can't figure out how to phrase them in the form of a question.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 10:36:00 PM by JDeck »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2015, 06:32:02 PM »
I'm really racking my brain here, Shawn, for something both new and nice.
Hmmm, we have seen a lot of pics of upcoming 6 inchers including various exclusives since force Friday, and some concept case type presentations from before.
      Can you show us something in the six inch line we haven't seen yet?
You gotta have some aces in your sleeves here. It is turning into long sleeve season, after all.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »
Ok... somehow I missed the last round, so here we go...

1 - When can we finally expect to see some killer 3.75" playsets?  Other brands are doing this in the toy aisle and are obviously succeeding... Imaginext is now known for this, and even Terraria has a playset that kids are all over - why is Hasbro ignoring this market?  Or why not at least try simple plastic "background walls" that snap together and each one comes with a trooper?  As long as the quality was there, the market would support these.  We are literally starved for display environments.  If you ever do it, don't give it a half-hearted effort.  That's just guaranteeing a fail.  Can you work out something with Disney or just allow another company that wants to give this a shot do it?  We've been waiting for 20 years for this to happen now...

2 - When are we going to see the quality again that Hasbro used to be known for?  For example, what happened with the black squadron X-Wing?  Not only is it painful to try and get Poe to fit in there and is this thing WAY to small, but the plastic leaves fingerprints on it when touched, BB-8 has very sparse paint, and the cannons are warped beyond belief.  It's so bad that people are returning them to stores.  How did this happen?  Similar issues with the new 3.75" TIE fighter (but not as bad).  Lots of people love the sculpt on the new 3.75" scale TIE fighter, but the wings are really flimsy - even warping for people.  Some of these TIE fighters even collapse under their own weight.  Again - how did ANY of this get past quality control? 

3 - Kids really love building things... so why not more Star Wars "build" features?  The build-a-weapon is kind of cool, but these things are so random and odd looking, things that we are more familiar with would entice people to chase that stuff more.  Like the droids you used to do - or even build-a-trooper or build a "background."  Or my goodness, some sort of big pieces in their own sets that snap together for scenes like those AMAZING Walking Dead sets.  That would be most amazing thing you've ever done for the Star Wars brand.

4 - Was there consideration to increase articulation on the TFA basic line?  5POA is so limiting... we don't need 14 points per figure, but a mix of 8-12 points for the majority of figures would be more welcome.  Why is it one extreme or the other nowadays? 

5 - When are we going to see some of the super rare figures that are in demand back in circulation on basic cards or in some sort of battle packs?  Like TVC Ponda Baba TVC Royal Guard?  BTW, a Royal Guard 2-pk would be pretty awesome, packed with Palpatine and a new throne.

6 - Name one NEW figure (or resculpt) from each of the OT films that are coming in SA style in the 3.75" line that we haven't already seen... GO!

7 - What was up with the lack of product on Force Friday?  50 people in line at Toys"R"us, but the store has only 48 figures... why didn't they have more like 480 figures?  That would of made more sense.  Same thing goes for every major retailer.  People walked away VERY frustrated and even store employees were in bad moods over it.  What happened?

8 - Articulation and attention to detail can turn a bland design into something special.  For example... the 5POA Resistance Trooper looks pretty sad (sorry).  But the 6" version looks amazing.  Can we expect to see a 3.75" version with representative details as the upcoming 6" scale one?

Thanks guys!  Ask all those for me... lol 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 07:21:58 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2015, 05:32:37 AM »
LOL Justin! How did I know you were gonna have a playset and an articulation question? As always your questions are well thought out bud. We will definitely ask a few.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2015, 04:36:57 PM »
Ok guys, I have put em all together and sent em to both Dan and the Hasbro Guys.

I look forward to see what we find out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2016, 08:54:57 AM »
Ok folks, we are going to have time to ask some questions to the Hasbro Brand Managers for the Star Wars, G.I. JOE, and Marvel Lines. It will be limited to ten minutes so we only need about a dozen or so questions. I aim to wrap these up pretty quick so priority will be given to well thought out, non flaming questions.

Get em posted folks. I know there are some great thinkers out there.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:59:37 AM by Tamer »

Offline KIM

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2016, 10:05:29 AM »
I'd like to know if the figures for Rogue One will use existing molds i.e 14POA

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2016, 11:16:26 AM »
Will we see more of Wal Mart exclusives black series 3 3/4 line with some new sculpt OT trilogy character, Ev-9D9.  Per help get rid of the box and go chrome!

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2016, 03:39:56 PM »
Would Hasbro be open to a different way of creating pilot helmets in the 5 POA line? The "banana visor" ruins otherwise nice figures (Atsy, Resistance Troopers, Poe Dameron, and Snap Wexley).

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2016, 03:45:12 PM »
As Hasbro uses the same digital files for both the Black Series 3.75 and Black Series 6 inch, is there a chance of seeing fan favorite characters currently slated for the 6 inch line (Ahsoka Tano, Darth Revan, and realistic style Kanan) in the 3.75 line?

Offline jedi_ryan35

• Ensign
  • "The force will be with me..always!"
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2016, 05:40:46 PM »
 Hasbro, whats the future for the Super Articulated 3.75 Star Wars figures? Will you keep making them?