Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 96477 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021
« on: October 18, 2014, 06:25:12 AM »
Ok, fresh off the week before where Dan asked our questions to Hasbro, I thought it might be cool to just have a running thread where we post our questions to so we can post them as we get them in our head, not when its time for us to get the question set ready. If you can, set your question off with a different color so I can find it easier so when it is time to put a question list together we can be ready for it.

So, I am gonna start this thread out with this questions.

Now that Marvel is back into the fold as far as producing Star Wars Comics, is there any likelihood we could see a return to the Comic Two-Packs that were so popular a few years ago (pack that comes with a comic book, two characters, packaged up nicely)?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 07:26:48 AM by Tamer »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of October 18, 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 06:48:05 AM »
Or would any new comic eu characters or versions be considered for figure production? New eu vs old eu

Also, about the joes. We love em, we want em, we need em, how about some more?
Please don't let the line falter before gi joe 3 comes out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 06:54:45 AM »
Clint, did you see how they answered the one JOE Question?

Shoot me your JOE Questions. I will try to get em to Derryl.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 09:06:18 AM »
Joe from Hasbro said that going forward any new canon EU characters and vehicles are available to Hasbro to make toys of.

Comic packs would be awesome, but I bet if they did come back, they would be 5poa :(
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 09:34:39 AM »
Comic packs would be awesome, but I bet if they did come back, they would be 5poa :(

Any thing you are basing that on Dan or just their tendency to do that nowadays?

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 12:18:10 PM »

Any thing you are basing that on Dan or just their tendency to do that nowadays?

Nothing concrete, it just seems to be the way the wind is blowing. I do not see Hasbro investing in another super articulated line when everything they do seems to be moving towards cheaper to produce 5POA. If Comic Packs came back, I could easily see Mission Series packages with a taller backer board to accommodate the comics.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:09:26 PM by The Spectre »
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 03:17:29 AM »
Here's another one I have been thinking lately and wished we had asked:

We keep hearing that distribution issues are being fixed and case assortments regulated and that sounds great, but why aren't REBELS Action Figures on the pegs here about a month since that new TV Series debuted? Was this a distribution issue?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 04:28:35 AM »
Folks it looks like we will be going to Toy Fair this year (at the very least the Hasbro Presentation) so if you have any questions for the Big H now be sure to post them.

I HAVE ALREADY BEEN TOLD THEY WILL NOT ANSWER ANY EPISODE 7 QUESTIONS SO ITS NO USE TO POST EM FOLKS.

We have seen packaged and loose images of the six inch Bossk and Wampa. Are the galring paint issues like no paint on the Wampa horns or the yellow joint on Bossk's feet being addressed?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 04:29:31 AM »
For our last Q and A Session you hinted that playsets were  not out of the realm of possiblities, any chance we could get some elaboration on that?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 07:25:33 AM by Tamer »

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
    • Star Wars Toyscapes (Facebook)
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of January 7, 2015
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 06:32:40 AM »
There is confusion about Hasbro's plans for the 3-3/4 inch line and differences in articulation between the Black Series and Rebels etc. Will all figures across this scale eventually assume the newer five points of articulation model? Thank you.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 06:34:40 AM »
Hmm, already know the Joe news,
This is going to sound old

Dear big H;
Obviously this is going to be a big year for the brand.
I can't think of a better way to amp it up and possibly eat up old stock on the shelves than by offering a redemption figure this year.
How about it?  I Can come up with names of about 50 figures from the past that would be perfect for a limited re release of one for this redemption if that could be an option.
It wouldn't necessarily need to be an all new fig unless it was to be an early bird type release for the movie that we are not talking about.

Comon Hasbro, we want a redemption fig
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 09:34:27 PM by Clonehead »

Offline My kind of scum

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 09:15:07 AM »
- Will there be a 3 3/4" exclusive at Celebration this year?

- Will PT/OT figures still be part of the line after the release of TFA?

- Will at least some of the Force Awakens 3 3/4" figures retain full articulation?  (If they allow questions about the TFA line at all...)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 05:37:50 PM »
Folks Episode 7 questions have been announced as off limits. If Dan can squeeze something in I am sure he will, but they were pretty up front about not sharing any Episode 7 Information at Toy Fair from an email I got on Monday.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 08:46:49 PM »
Thanks guys for doing this... very much.

1 - If you and Jakks Pacific can make huge 30" scale hollow figures and vehicles, why can't we get some playsets/dioramas like that?  Such as an Imperial turret tower close to three fee tall?  People would buy many of those over the X-Wing you made and it would be a very simple design and you could keep costs down... please take this idea to your team and see what can be done.  Essentially, we just want some cool environments to display our figures on, and hollow playsets would do the trick!

2 - We are seeing a rival company making now dioramas for the 6" scale stuff (one that comes with a Vader).  This is such a simple idea and we keep asking for some sort of diorama pieces over and over (especially in the 3.75" scale).  Why is this something that your company won't do?  If you really feel this is something you can't pull off, can you work with Disney to make it happen - even as Disney store exclusives?  Even small scenes with just a background plastic wall that come with an army builder would be a great start... there is such a demand for this stuff that BBTS already sold out of their pre-order within just a couple days!

3 - We're seeing a price hike of unprecedented proportions on basic Black Series 3.75" figures at Target.  Is this just them price experimenting or have you increased prices for your buyers?  We understand that over time costs increase, but collector reactions thus far has been extremely negative, if this is indeed true.  What is Hasbro doing to make the figures "worth" that sort of investment? 

4 - With increasing costs for consumers, we're naturally looking for ways to make the hobby more affordable for us.  Will Hasbro be offering more multipacks for army building to make this easier to swallow?  Generally multi-packs cost less per figure, so we'd like to have that option, which hasn't been an option for us in a long time.

5 - Very questionable figure selections have frustrated collectors.  Why do we see figures make it into assortments that are going to instantly pegwarm?  We're referring to Rebel pilots mostly here, which refuse to move off the pegs.  It would make so much more sense to bring back figures that are in insanely high demand, like the Emperor's Royal Guard, Gamorrean Guard, Ponda Baba, etc.  Yet we don't see that happening.  Why?  Are you unaware of what the market wants?

6 - How is it that we are getting a 6" scale Wampa, but not a new 3.75" scale one?  Or a new Probot?  We really, really want new ones... anything on the horizon?

7 - Why haven't we seen a B.A.D. mold for original trilogy C-3PO yet?  According to forum posts and chat boards, collectors would much rather see that C-3PO coming out instead of any other version.  Is one coming? 

Thanks guys...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:11:19 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 07:44:17 AM »
Chewie, how did I know you were gonna ask a playset question? LOL!