Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 96452 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of Toy Fair 2017
« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2017, 03:33:58 AM »
Good questions, keep em coming!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2017, 07:18:57 PM »
   First, I have to commend Hasbro for re releasing the Imperial Guard, General Calrissian and Admiral Akbar. I'd like to know if that will be an ongoing practice, to re release popular figures from the Vintage collection, or other series'. I belive they will relese the TVC walrus man soon. If I may suggest TVC Tarkin, while he's still relevant, after appearing in Rebels, Rogue One and it's the 40th anniversary of ANH.
  Also I wonder if they take a look at the going Ebay and other secondary market prices to analyze the popularity of figures/characters.   Certain figures are in high demand including SA 3.75", early 6" like R2-D2 and even some 5POA figures like Agent Kallus. Ebay, and other secondary markets are good indicators of what is in demand.
    I'd like to know their take on secondary market prices. I wonder If they concider having figures at high resale value important, or if providing figures to those who want them at the normal msrp just as important.   At this point buyers are getting screwed especially with the early 6" figures.  Scalpers aren't collectors. Its insaine how people make that much money off of modern figures, sometimes as much as a thousand percent. Why make it easier for them to take advantage of consumers, by not re releasing popular figures. Even as some kind of exclusive. They made the EE astro droid, that is ho-hum but the R2 is what people want.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:42:29 PM by JDeck »

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2017, 09:30:04 PM »
1 - Rogue One.  This movie is amazing and right up the alley of the adult collector.  That being said, there's at least a dozen figures we need from this movie still in 3.75" SA style.  How many more figures from this movie, in the 3.75" SA format can we expect over the next 1-2 years?

2 - Death Star playset.  After 20+ years of asking for this (and not something out of cardboard or overloaded with gawky play features), should we all finally just accept that this is something Hasbro will never make?  And if that's the case, how about an Imperial Turbo Laser Tower playset instead?  Wouldn't that be feasible? 

3 - We are seeing that NERF features on vehicles just don't seem to be a selling point for the Star Wars brand.  The recent Rogue One vehicles had wonderful molds, and much better plastic than the TFA offerings... but the NERF just doesn't need to be on these and obviously hurts the appearance of some vehicles drastically.  Isn't Star Wars a strong enough brand to sell without needing NERF mixed in?  Will the NERF features go away with Episode 8 toys?

4 - Oversized weapon pack-ins.  Aren't there better alternatives to the investment Hasbro is putting into these?  These are not offering much additional play value to the 3.75" budget line.  A better way to add play value is to make these figures have a bit more articulation and move on past the cookie cutter 5POA approach.  Please add some waists, knees sometimes, and shoulders or elbows instead.  And it's not just adults saying this.  Those of us with kids witness our kids toss those oversized weapon pack-ins to the side. 

5 - We believe you are getting more intersted in diorama bases for the 6" figures... which is great... but where has this been for the 3.75" line?  Those Mission Series style 2-pk figure sets would really be awesome with some sort of diorama piece rather than the giant make believe weapons that have been getting packed in.

6 - Soft torsos.  Can't express enough how many figures become pegwarmers because the customizing market leaves figures with the hard torsos on the pegs.  If you construct the figures with soft torsos (the same way the arms/legs/heads) are made, then a lot of those pegwarmers move easier because we can find a user for them then.  More and more of Hasbro's figures have hard torsos the past 2 years... why is this?

7 - TBS 3.75" SA Rebel Troops - when are we going to see some Scarif Rebels in SA style, some of the Jedha rebels, a TFA Resistance trooper, the Rebel Fleet Trooper again, etc?  Would some Evolution 3 or 4 pks be the way to approach this?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:23:56 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2017, 02:59:49 AM »
More good questions. I guess we have to ask when the vintage cardbacks are coming back too right?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #229 on: February 01, 2017, 08:50:10 AM »
    I was talking with my brother the other day and we were discussing what the future holds for JOE figures. They are going through a slump right now, I guess because of political correctness, and growing anti nationalism among other things. I'm wondering if 6" scale classic  Joes were being concidered. From the 80s like Destro and classic Cobra Commander, Bazooka ect.
   I would like to hear their response. Gi joe and Star Wars are pretty similar in demographics and collector enthusiasm. And if it works for Marvel and Star Wars (in their opinion) why not Gi Joe.  Honestly I would buy them up. If they stick to the classics, no movie figures, and they had the same quality as the black series. Plus they would be cheaper, you dont have to pay for the licencing. Of course hard core Joe collectors would hate it, just like many of us dislike 6". So their response would be interesting.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:10:28 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2017, 03:03:24 AM »
I don't mind sending in a JOE Question.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2017, 12:36:03 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

My question to you is in relation to the large weapon pack ins for the 5poa action figure line.  While I have no problem with an action figure coming with the weapons that they are shown to possess in whatever Star Wars content that they appeared in, as a parent I am concerned with your choice of bonus pack ins that are coming with these figures.  Even as a strong believer in gun rights, I think that these large weapons that come with these figures are a bit too much.   With all the glorification of violence in our culture and things like the recent school shootings that are occurring throughout the country, I would really appreciate pack ins of a different nature. There are plenty of small Star Wars creatures that would use the same amount of plastic that kids would enjoy just as much. Creature pack ins might encourage play based around empathy and caregiving and may draw in more female fans as well. I think even adult collectors would enjoy creature pack ins to diversify their dioramas or displays.  What are the chances of Hasbro taking the pack ins in a more constructive direction like this and leaving these large guns behind for good?

-A concerned parent
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 12:40:33 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2017, 01:19:07 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

With the return of Micro Machines, will there be a possibility of the Action Fleet line returning?
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #233 on: February 18, 2017, 06:09:42 AM »
Guys I had sent Dan in the questions a few days ago so not sure if the last two questions will make it in in time, but we will be sure to add them for future q and a's.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #234 on: February 18, 2017, 09:08:11 PM »
  Many thanks to Dan and Hasbro . I listened to the Q&A already and found it interesting. First off, its interesting that they found  the Walking AT-ACT to be more creative than retail inspired, that I can respect, because sometimes my customs aren't as cool as others may think. I like how you phrased my question as to whether re releasing is a screw you to scalpers. Good response in my opinion, very good. I know in the press conference setting as opposed to one on one is very much different, I applaud you.

Next time I for one would like to know how  the forum is setting before submitting questions.  Like whether its press conference, or one on one. So I know how to phrase them, or know how in depth I can go.  Great job as always.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:12:18 PM by JDeck »

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #235 on: February 18, 2017, 09:27:21 PM »
  Many thanks to Dan and Hasbro . I listened to the Q&A already and found it interesting. First off, its interesting that they found  the Walking AT-ACT to be more creative than retail inspired, that I can respect, because sometimes my customs aren't as cool as others may think. I like how you phrased my question as to whether re releasing is a screw you to scalpers. Good response in my opinion, very good. I know in the press conference setting as opposed to one on one is very much different, I applaud you.

Next time I for one would like to know how  the forum is setting before submitting questions.  Like whether its press conference, or one on one. So I know how to phrase them, or know how in depth I can go.  Great job as always.

Thanks!

Where did you find the audio file posted? I want to link it to my Facebook page like I do all of my con coverage.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #236 on: February 18, 2017, 09:29:27 PM »
  I found it on JTA s website, the audio is terrible.  http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=19700

« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:31:03 PM by JDeck »

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #237 on: February 18, 2017, 09:36:51 PM »
  I found it on JTA s website, the audio is terrible.  http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=19700

Thanks.

Wait for Tamer to put up mine. The audio is pretty decent except for the first minute or so when I was settling into my seat.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2017, 06:55:30 AM »
The audio link is up on the front page. I am guessing folks found it. Here is the download link if you missed it:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/hasbrotoyfair2017.mp3

Thanks for doing it Dan!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2017, 06:57:31 AM »

They didn't let us know that in advance this time JDeck. We have to assume at most they will give us 10 minutes individually and at worst this format. I hate to say it, but they seem to be going to this format lately. I guess it wraps up the Q and A a lot quicker for them.